Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are Las Venturas and San Fierro even in San andreas?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic
WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

I'd agree with the others in that San Fierro is in Northern San Andreas, and that Venturas is probably in another state, something based on Nevada. It's quite heavily implied to me that San Andreas is the new GTA equivalent of California alone, whereas before it was an amalgamation. What we play in is Southern San Andreas, the state continues to the north and to the east and the southeast. 

Scampi
  • Scampi

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

San Fierro is in the state of San Andreas. Las Venturas may or may not be. I think a lot of people miss the point on these maps. Literally the game takes place on an island and if you imagine the gta world through that, then the USA is nothing but tiny Islands all over. That's not how it is though. Instead of setting up land barriers, we get coasts, but in "reality" as in the actual gta world and not what we're literally seeing, everything is connected like it would be in real life. To the characters in game all of San Andreas is connected, yet for the games sake we see them as Islands.

That's my take on it all.

Yes, this has to be the way it is, it's the only way that makes sense unless you think America is one giant archipelago. Plus there are numerous maps of the USA found all over GTA V, most notably on the computer screens and wall maps inside Zancudo's control tower, and they all look like the USA in real life. The only reason they're islands is because it's a game. If it was like inFamous or something where it showed more city or landscape as a picture on the horizon people would spend 90% of their time trying to get there when it's impossible. When all you get is one island R* can advertise it by saying "everything in the game world is accessible". I would have preferred landlocked also like RDR, but when you got a height ceiling so high you can see the curvature of the earth that just wouldn't work.

It causes me to wonder how the idea of adding more cities to online will work in the future. Will the maps remain islands? Will the north and east coasts of V because rivers similar to how rivers divided the cities in SA? Will they edit the edges of the map and make it all continuous? It'll be interesting to see.

tman_ballerforlife
  • tman_ballerforlife

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:35 PM

If you look on gta wikia they say that
Red county exist
San Fierro exist
Blaine county exist
And los santos exist
And las Venturas is in robada

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:38 PM

If you look on gta wikia they say that
Red county exist
San Fierro exist
Blaine county exist
And los santos exist
And las Venturas is in robada

What posting that really worth a bump?

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:41 PM

Is today International Unnecessary Bump day or something? Jeez..

• GTA564 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users