Photo

Car insurance: How long will it last?

6 replies to this topic
AggieBradC34
  • AggieBradC34

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

So I "bought" the Eleghy RH8 early on because I wanted a sports car and it was free, but now that I'm making more money, have a couple Coquettes, and want to (eventually) fill my 10-car garage with premium cars, I want to get rid of it.

Because it was free, it can't be sold at LS Customs, and because it's a personal vehicle, Simeon won't take it at the docks. The only option I could think of (outside of just filling up my garage and telling it to delete the RH8) was to drive it into the ocean/destroy it and keep it from spawning elsewhere.

Because the car comes insured, obviously I can call Moors Insurance to get it back, but how long will Moors keep it in the selection list? Can I use them as a de facto garage and just pay when I'm ready to collect or will cars be overwritten eventually? 

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

cars that are currently destroyed or missing are still a part of your garage, so no.

You can just remove the elegy by forcing another car into its spot, if you want it back later it should still be free from shop.

• SaturdayNight likes this

AggieBradC34
  • AggieBradC34

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:27 PM Edited by AggieBradC34, 08 October 2013 - 10:27 PM.

I see.

So let's say my garage is full, including the RH8. If I destroy the RH8 and try to put another car into my garage, it will still ask me to delete a car even though the RH8 is gone?

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

I think he is saying if you destroy the RH8 and fill your garage with other cars, it won't matter.

I "bought" a second RH8 to see if I could sell it....and now I am stuck with it.  I decided to blow it up and NOT call the insurance to replace it.  Problem kinda solved...

bayz101
  • bayz101

Certified

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

pretty sure if your garage is full (with elegy in it), driving a new car to the garage will give you the option to place that car in the elegys place (or any car you wish).

biotch69
  • biotch69

"biotch" is french for "beauty" I think

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

I'm actually having the same problem right now and I am wondering how you solved it. Did you try using Moors as a "second" garage?

Sorry for the bump, but I need the advice lol

Nelson Van Alden
  • Nelson Van Alden

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:43 PM Edited by Nelson Van Alden, 02 January 2014 - 08:45 PM.

Once your garage is full and you try to store a new car, it will ask you which existing car you want to replace. Easy.

You won't be able to completely swap out the Elegy until you fill your garage and in turn replace it with another vehicle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users