Photo

SA vs V: Vehicle handling

19 replies to this topic
B Dawg
  • B Dawg

''Take it like a man'' Hue hue

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:45 PM Edited by DarkKingBernard, 08 October 2013 - 09:46 PM.

Tired of constant arguments between the vehicle handling of IV and V? Do you think comparing SA to V is more suitable? Well It's your lucky day! Tonight you get to compare analyze videos of vehicles available in both games.

QUAD BIKE

INFERNUS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T71UhoUdKM0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp6VD4Y-NNg

SPORTS BIKE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l1AmpG02B8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOhWVOSkkHQ

Niko Bellic working in Los Santos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAgb-kv4bJU

More to be added...

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

"The chickens are plotting..."

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [Advice with girlfriends]

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

Thank you, I've been thinking this for awhile. They are identical.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:06 PM Edited by SomeManForGTA, 08 October 2013 - 10:11 PM.

San Andreas has the best vehicle handling in the series imo.

Lol Whats with the "Niko Bellic working in Los Santos" video? Niko was Serbian not Russian, but it's funny as f*ck.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

Only thing SA and V have in common is that they both lack a suspension, but dumb asses claiming "Cars aren't boaty in real life" will keep saying that isn't true even though they probably don't even have a car.

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

The quadbike in SA is 2-stroke

The quadbike in V is 4-stroke

Just saying :sly:

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

If an alien came to Earth and played these two games, he would think technology evolution has stopped in the last 10 years. Sadly it´s just developers greedy decission making to release simplistic games to please morons.

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

If an alien came to Earth and played these two games, he would think technology evolution has stopped in the last 10 years. Sadly it´s just developers greedy decission making to release simplistic games to please morons.

I suppose you'll be slitting your wrists later then :sui:

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Not really. R* just felt no need to cater to the tiny amount of GTA IV driving enthusiasts. All they hear from people they care about is the driving is better in V.

I loved the driving in IV, but in V it's still fun. It's just a game, so no big deal. I would feel different if it was completely broken, but it works fine for me.  

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Not really. R* just felt no need to cater to the tiny amount of GTA IV driving enthusiasts. All they hear from people they care about is the driving is better in V.

I loved the driving in IV, but in V it's still fun. It's just a game, so no big deal. I would feel different if it was completely broken, but it works fine for me.  

You say no, and the proceed to reword my post :blink: That´s exactly what I said: developers being greedy and catering the morons for a few extra bucks (4 sold well enough, didn´t it?). What the hell, not even that, the guys liking new handling would have bought anyway! Most of them didn´t even knew the driving was dumbed down for them when they bought it.

I really don´t get the "just a game" line. They had the tools and talent to make it better without investing more resources, and they didn´t. Any product like that will come under criticism be it a videogame, a car, a TV, or a mop.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

IV went with the bouncy/bunnyhop car physics from III and SA, minus the bunnyhops. It was ridiculous and not something that should've been made mandatory, and especially not something to base another game off of.

V slightly improved on it, but all the vehicles are still floaty, slide way too much/easily, and pivot on a weird axis...

I don't understand how people are enjoying it...

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

I like the V car handling, it is brilliant fun as far as I'm concerned:

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

IV went with the bouncy/bunnyhop car physics from III and SA, minus the bunnyhops. It was ridiculous and not something that should've been made mandatory, and especially not something to base another game off of.

V slightly improved on it, but all the vehicles are still floaty, slide way too much/easily, and pivot on a weird axis...

What the hell are you talking about... IV didn´t have anything to do with SA at all. It was a huge evolution, new engine, new values, new feeling, totally revamped. It was a break with anything done before in the series.

Also there´s not a single aspect where V improves IV. Wait, there´s one: Traction physics from a standstill in poweful cars. Further than that, EVERYTHING is a step backwards. And no, in V the vehicles don´t slide too much/easily, actually it´s the opposite, they need a stupid ammount of abuse to lose grip.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

What the hell are you talking about... IV didn´t have anything to do with SA at all. It was a huge evolution, new engine, new values, new feeling, totally revamped. It was a break with anything done before in the series.

Also there´s not a single aspect where V improves IV. Wait, there´s one: Traction physics from a standstill in poweful cars. Further than that, EVERYTHING is a step backwards. And no, in V the vehicles don´t slide too much/easily, actually it´s the opposite, they need a stupid ammount of abuse to lose grip.

play gta3 or san andreas. Put the bouncy/swervey/bunnyhop car cheat in. Play for an hour. 

Then play gta4 for an hour and tell me if the driving is closer to realistic driving, classic gta driving, or the bunnyhop/bouncy physics driving.  I don't care if the crew was different or how many other differences there were, I was drawing a comparison in the car handling, and it's undeniable.

"And no, in V the vehicles don´t slide too much/easily, actually it´s the opposite, they need a stupid ammount of abuse to lose grip."

You don't actually believe that, do you? 

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:23 PM Edited by tikhung01, 09 October 2013 - 02:25 PM.

This is rediculous... I can't believe it.

C* f*cked up GTA V.

Seriously, where is the details?

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

play gta3 or san andreas. Put the bouncy/swervey/bunnyhop car cheat in. Play for an hour. 

Then play gta4 for an hour and tell me if the driving is closer to realistic driving, classic gta driving, or the bunnyhop/bouncy physics driving.  I don't care if the crew was different or how many other differences there were, I was drawing a comparison in the car handling, and it's undeniable.

That´s nonsense mate. No surprise some idiots can´t spot modifications on the steering with new patches in GTA5, if there are others around telling there´s some kind of similarity between SA and IV physics. That´s stupid beyond belief.

"And no, in V the vehicles don´t slide too much/easily, actually it´s the opposite, they need a stupid ammount of abuse to lose grip." You don't actually believe that, do you? 

Not really sure what to say mate, the stuff you tell us here is too dumb to be taken seriously. Not sure if you´re trolling or something, I find really hard to belive someone with double digit age thinks V cars have more grip than actual cars.

Anyway if you´re a grown up and serious, for the sake of road safety, stay the hell away from anything with wheels. It´ll get ugly for you and those around you when you try to go through a 90º bend at 120 km/h. Or stop your vehicle instantly from high speed thinking "it shouldn´t slide".

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:00 PM Edited by bicycles?, 09 October 2013 - 03:05 PM.

"No surprise some idiots can´t spot modifications on the steering with new patches in GTA5"

I'm playing offline, so no patches or changes to anything from how the disk was released.

"if there are others around telling there´s some kind of similarity between SA and IV physics. That´s stupid beyond belief"

I'm talking about the CHEAT CODE driving physics. The driving in gta4 is very similar to the CHEAT CODE driving in the previous games. Do you even know what I'm talking about? The bunnyhopping cars cheat that also makes the cars handle super twitchy?

"Not really sure what to say mate, the stuff you tell us here is too dumb to be taken seriously. Not sure if you´re trolling or something, I find really hard to belive someone with double digit age thinks V cars have more grip than actual cars."

Turn gtaV on, get in a car, and drive at any speed, fast or slow, and then just tap the handbrake. You slide way further/way faster than you ever would in real life.  This forum is FULL of examples of the driving being cartoonishly bad in all kinds of other ways, the sliding/sh*t steering being one of the main complaints. Just because you and others can get good at it, doesn't mean it's good.

People defending the game like this, twisting words and denying ANY problems... you're insane

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

I'm talking about the CHEAT CODE driving physics. The driving in gta4 is very similar to the CHEAT CODE driving in the previous games.

No it´s not. In IV braking distances were way longer. Lateral grip was lower. There was less traction. Cars had sense if weight. Cars reacted properly to bumps and curbs. Cars had vastly different grip levels in different surfaces. Nothing of this was on previous games, with or without codes. Trying to draw a comparison is stupid.

Turn gtav on. Drive at any speed, fast or slow, and just tap the handbrake. You slide way further/way faster than you ever would in real life.  this forum is FULL of examples of the driving being cartoonishly bad. Just because you and others can get good at it, doesn't mean it's good.

I insist: if you really belive that stuff that vehicles in V slide easier than real ones, stay the hell away from vehicles, please.

Also, the fact you believe that anyone is complaining about the driving because he/she´s struggling, shows you totally miss the point. NO ONE is struggling, in fact it´s extremelly easy to go as fast as possible, and that´s one of the reasons why it´s crap.

People defending the game like this, twisting words and denying ANY problems... you're insane.

Well, that´s exactly what you´re doing. Twisting stuff (like saying 5´s vehicles slide easier than in real life) to defend the ridiculous mess 5´s driving is. Glad you realize it´s absurd.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

Is it me or does nobody on here know what a f*cking suspension is? :lol: V cars? Too floaty? A suspension isn't even in V so hows that possible? Do you even drive?

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:03 AM Edited by bicycles?, 10 October 2013 - 12:04 AM.

I'm talking about the tires not seeming to actually have contact with the ground. The steering doesn't follow the front wheels. The whole car swivels like it's not actually connected to the ground, but a central pole like some kind of swivel stick toy, or these guys...

2dgt341.jpg

Also, hit a jump with a car and toggle the analog sticks.  Tell me that isn't "floaty"

Zannis
  • Zannis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:20 AM Edited by Zannis, 10 October 2013 - 12:21 AM.

I have a solution for future GTA's that not only caters to all types of players, but adds a fun element to it.

Start off with IV's bouncy suspension model as the baseline physics model.

Very early on in the game, 2 or 3 missions in at max, unlock a Driver's Ed school players can attend.

Completing the missions in the Driver's Ed school switches the player over to III /VC /SA /V's more arcade-like driving physics.  Think of it as the character's newfound knowledge translating into easier controls for the player.

The Driver's Ed school is NOT part of any 100% completion achievements, allowing the player to truly choose how they want to play the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users