Photo

Attention farmers (like me)

19 replies to this topic
Lordgodofhell
  • Lordgodofhell

Real life ghost

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

I really think we should tone down the spamming of all these farming threads. VD was nerfed, which isn't even the best mission to farm, so I bet they will be reviewing any missions with unusually high download numbers.

We already know they read the forums and check Youtube so... lets stop snitching on ourselves!

Pieee
  • Pieee

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

How was it nerfed?

Jayzags
  • Jayzags

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Got 9k 5 min ago. So many trolls.

MagicNarcosis
  • MagicNarcosis

The Original.

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

People wanna be all cool and tell people to help nsh*t..

f*ckin' up the money, man.

Help your crew and you. That's it.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

I really think we should tone down the spamming of all these farming threads. VD was nerfed, which isn't even the best mission to farm, so I bet they will be reviewing any missions with unusually high download numbers.

We already know they read the forums and check Youtube so... lets stop snitching on ourselves!

Don't see the point in "hideing" these missions from rockstar, in the end its better that they get nerfed.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

How was it nerfed?

Some people are claiming that after a fresh restart of the PS3 version, it only pays 3K.

I'm dubious, if I was reporting that I'd have at least taken a snapshot with my cellphone.

Also Rockstar hasn't released any statement about any 1.03 update - just seemds odd. If they altered the mission file on the server, it would have been done for Xbox as well. So yeah.... waiting for proof personally.

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Mhmm, and that's why you can no longer replay the mission over and over, 'cause this guy's trolling. Yep. Rockstar put out an update making it so you couldn't 'replay' the missions given to you by characters. But, yeah, you're right, this guy's trolling... Keep up the good work, getting 9k every hour now. Good job dude. Good job.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

Don't see the point in "hideing" these missions from rockstar, in the end its better that they get nerfed.

Why?

So they sell more cash cards? or because when people have more RP/Money than you for less effort it hurts your man pride?

Who gives a crap.

bnicmc
  • bnicmc

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

I dont think not talking about it is going to make a difference.  R* could easily just look at the mission download stats to find out which ones are being farmed.  They just find out that a high number of people are playing over and over and then just figure out how to make it more equal.

I'm not against being farming or grinding..I would just like to see a better balance of the mission payouts.  There are a few missions that were quite fun and involved a lot of thought that just dont pay out very well.  

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

Mhmm, and that's why you can no longer replay the mission over and over, 'cause this guy's trolling. Yep. Rockstar put out an update making it so you couldn't 'replay' the missions given to you by characters. But, yeah, you're right, this guy's trolling... Keep up the good work, getting 9k every hour now. Good job dude. Good job.

Yeah, but they left in the "RT restart" option before you get to the menu. So if you're working together as a group, and you know this, it's pretty easy to keep replaying and the mission reload time is only a few seconds at most because it hasn't completely quit out and loaded up the vote screen yet.

You're still killing people, still working as a team, optimising your technique, you're just not wasting your time driving A to B or stuck in menus.

(Instead of pressing A or X to continue, the  majority needs to hold down RT - this lets you vote for "RESTART" instead of "CONTINUE" and avoids the selection screen)

Jaxvex
  • Jaxvex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

Where is this update? Post a link.

Omega Mayhem
  • Omega Mayhem

Told ya so

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

Haha.. you fail.

Right Trigger is your friend.

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:12 PM Edited by cjspeed, 08 October 2013 - 08:12 PM.

That glitch doesn't work on Xbox. You are only able to 'retry' if you fail the mission.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

1.02, came out Oct 4 for both platforms.

When you finish VD, if you let it go to the CONTINUE screen - nobody can vote Replay. I've seen it on X360, but it doesn't prevent you for using the RT Replay to avoid that screen altogether though.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

That glitch doesn't work on Xbox.

It's not a glitch, and it does.

You vote LIKE/DISLIKE, then it shows "Continuing...(seconds)" - afterwards players can press X (PS3) or A (X360) to CONTINUE, but if you press RT it votes "REPLAY". If most of the players have selected REPLAY, then it replays.

The option is not displayed on the bottom of your screen, but it is a valid key and it is actually letting you vote for REPLAY versus CONTINUE.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

Well the goal of GTA:O wasn't to level up mega fast and get cash mega fast ( except for buying gta money with real life money which actually take the same time) but grinding and farming isn't really fun anyways.

It may be boring to be stuck at a level for some peoples but atleast you get to play the game. The missions that gives a lot are my favorite not because they give a lot of rp and cash but beause they are awesome. That mission where you get to steal drug to a gang, bring it to the guy's home and go explode the enemy gang's car was amazing in group.

marijuanaz
  • marijuanaz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

I despise you retards who farm. Did you know what the actual meaning to the word farming is? Lol. You take a sh*t on your girlfriends stomach. You use your hand and make it flat and even. Then you piss on it. So every time I hear you dumbasses talking about farming, I picture you with a straw hat and a long stem of grass in your mouth. Hahaha. Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to farm you go. Hahaha.

Have phun being a cheater. Enjoy all the perks from your laziness. And don't bother trying to defend your actions as some type of strategy or skill. Because its not.

Jaxvex
  • Jaxvex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by Jaxvex, 08 October 2013 - 08:19 PM.

1.02, came out Oct 4 for both platforms.

When you finish VD, if you let it go to the CONTINUE screen - nobody can vote Replay. I've seen it on X360, but it doesn't prevent you for using the RT Replay to avoid that screen altogether though.

You mean this update? I don't see where it says mission replays were patched.

Also you couldn't vote reply on certain missions before this. I'd say the fact that you CAN'T select reply is a glitch.

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:19 PM Edited by Patriot_Action, 08 October 2013 - 08:24 PM.

I despise you retards who farm. Did you know what the actual meaning to the word farming is? Lol. You take a sh*t on your girlfriends stomach. You use your hand and make it flat and even. Then you piss on it. So every time I hear you dumbasses talking about farming, I picture you with a straw hat and a long stem of grass in your mouth. Hahaha. Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to farm you go. Hahaha.

Have phun being a cheater. Enjoy all the perks from your laziness. And don't bother trying to defend your actions as some type of strategy or skill. Because its not.

Troll quality around here continues to decline.

OT: It's not going to tone down, and there's farm posts elsewhere on the internetz.

I'm thinking Violent Duct might be a special case for getting nerfed. It basically trivializes a lot of the other things to do early in the game. Farming missions for 70-80 is different than farming for 1-30.

The alternative is they go crazy and start constantly nerfing rewards from missions/activities in an attempt to make everything "balanced" (which any seasoned MMO player will tell you doesn't work). By this point the hardcore and the grinders will already be past everything getting nerfed, so it'll just screw over lowbies.

Omega Mayhem
  • Omega Mayhem

Told ya so

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

That glitch doesn't work on Xbox. You are only able to 'retry' if you fail the mission.

You fail for the second time.

You vote 'Like', then hit RT to restart the mission.

Just go away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users