Photo

F**king triathlons

15 replies to this topic
Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

What f**king sadist came up with the idea to make you tap the A button over and over to run/swim/ride fast and then decide to make you go on a half-hour f**king triathlon?

I was near the end of the cycling part of the long triathlon and one of the other riders crashed into me and fell off then the race was forfeited because I commited a crime.

JESUS F**KING CHRIST. R* are ARSEHOLES!

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

It would be better if they used the Eye/Kinect and made you run the entire thing.

• NijenhuisR and Wherewolf like this

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

28 minutes the last one took me, had to take 2 breaks from mashing a button non stop - thank f*ck I won it!

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

Been there, done that, had the thumb cramps...
  • BuyMeTheMoon likes this

3ddie93
  • 3ddie93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

I nearly won the last triathalon and my guy suddenly falls off his bike and everyone overtakes me. I shot everyone in the area.

Ozma324
  • Ozma324

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

The third triathlon alone made me see why tapping a is such a horrid design choice.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• Olympics
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Frustration. Now I think about it, triathlons perfectly describe my overall feeling of GTA V. 

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

It's much better when you hit the X button to do a triathlon

DirtyDan
  • DirtyDan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:46 PM Edited by DirtyDan, 08 October 2013 - 10:47 PM.

It's much better when you hit the X button to do a triathlon

i was thinking the B button...

Yoshack_Fyre
  • Yoshack_Fyre

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

The first two triathalons were so easy. That third one was crazy difficult. To start off with I hit the B button when swimming and the overhead camera glitched, it had me dive underwater and turn the wrong direction. I tried again a few other times and same thing happened. When I got to the bike part the B helicopter camera was fine so no issues there, but I get near the end and I fall off my bike twice. I spend most of the bike segment in 5-6th place. It was impossible to take the leader, he was sooo sooo soo far ahead. Then somehow I get to the running segment and I'm close to the lead, and I overtake the leader. I spend the whole running segment in first place, but number 2 and 3 a RIGHT DIRECTLY behind me the entire time. They came close to overtaking me on many occasions but I blocked them and slowed them down. I was so thankful to have won especially after screwing up the swimming and bike segments both a few times. I have a feeling that if I hadn't thought it still would have been a close race. Not up very high on the global leaderboard, but I don't care, I definitely won't be trying to improve the time again. Another funny comment, I did it as Trevor. "The meth diet really works!"

Tahkyn
  • Tahkyn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

You had to tap x in the SanAndreas triathlons too, only then you also had to worry about CJ's stamina and getting puffed out. In GTAV you van just keep running for as long as you tap x. I find these triathlons easier than in SA.

namor
  • namor

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:04 AM

Been there, done that, never doing it again. I was lucky with the third triathlon as my niece was visiting and we took turns. We did it as Franklin with 100% stamina and 100% lung capacity. I found, from the previous two triathlons that if you get Franklin/Trevor do the swimming part underwater, they can get quite a good lead in the first part of that last triathlon. The second part is a pain, because despite being in the lead for a good portion of it, some of the other riders will whizz by you. The running part isn't too bad and you can make up for lost ground if you need to. I have to admit that my ten year-old niece is a much faster button masher than I am.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:07 AM Edited by AtomicPunk, 09 October 2013 - 02:07 AM.

It would been better had it been lke the old track and field games. I can't believe that there weren't any bows in V. It would've been fun to have shooting contests or whatever. That triathlon sh*t is for the birds.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:18 AM Edited by bicycles?, 09 October 2013 - 02:20 AM.

I swear they're deliberately replacing "free will and fun" with "following rules, watching their program, and acting how/when you're told to act."

there are just WAY TOO MANY basic, little, fun things that they changed/left out/"overlooked"/or just replaced with unfun/uninteractive garbage for it to all be an accident

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

28 minutes the last one took me, had to take 2 breaks from mashing a button non stop - thank f*ck I won it!

Been there, done that, had the thumb cramps...

You guys need to exercise more.

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:35 AM Edited by Crunch McThornbody, 09 October 2013 - 02:39 AM.

I had previosly pressed the digital-right button during the cycling event to change the light brightness but no, they assigned that button to quit the race and then you have to press A to accept that you're quitting the race, but guess which f**king button I had been tapping away at for the past 12 minutes...

So then I tried again and another rider ran into me and fell off, well over half an hour of tapping a button without a break for absolutely no gain whatsoever. I was completely livid, hence starting this thread.

I'm not going to attempt the stupid triathlon until I've modded my XBox controller, I intend to wire in a microcontroller that will have the ability to 'press' 12 different buttons (ABXY,digital pad,R+L buttons+triggers), then with an external 'keypad' of some sort I'll be able to input any GTA V cheat code simply by pressing a single button - which also means it'll do 'autofire' on any button.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users