• Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

Necro thread about AA in death matches?  Did this really need a bump..lol

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Avtomat Kalashnikova

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

As it was said, you can turn off autoaim. If you don't like deathmatches, don't play them. Why hate on those who do........don't answer this because I don't care. /thread.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

I understand what you're saying, but I'm a little confused by the context.  

First, free aim is a great option and you should use it if you find it more compelling to play, but if you're saying that you need to see all the blips then I'm not seeing where you want more challenge.  That to me means you want it so that you want a benefit where you feel your skills are better suited and that you will perform better.  You don't like that this job type caters to your benefit so you're complaining.  

To all the hunters out there, if you really are hunters then you understand moving in stealth/cover and should love the idea.  I personally use it constantly and kill campers on a regular basis.  Their dots show on my screen when I see them and since I'm max stealth they don't see me.  I love hearing, "where did that come from!" or they take cover and they're on the wrong side thinking they were hit from the red blip in front of them and might as well offer up their loss.

This is also the divide between true tacticians and joystick commandos.  The word is camping.  Anyone who has ever been a true military tactician would ask why you didn't take and hold a position of tactical superiority.  Still young kids want to go in a room, run across an open field and then whine when they get gunned down by a sniper.  Sure there are shock troops, but they'll run in one or two man groups using max stealth and cover to sneak up and flank their opponent.  Best used for snipers.  If you're complaining about these tactics that tells me they work and it's usually when I see someone with a 9:0 k/d.  

This to me seems like someone saying they have "mad skills" but they want the game to spoon feed them the advantage and if they can't have the win handed on a silver platter then the mode must suck.  That's not skill.  I don't think it's a fair summation to say a game sucks because it doesn't work in your favor.  A true tactician adapts to the situation and excels regardless of the rules presented.  

• calambos and MysterBeefy like this

dzian
  • dzian

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

You can move press the left stick go into stealth mode you can move around use silenced weapons and obliterate players.

Theres not much more fun than sneaking up and stabbing some guy camping behind a wall completely oblivious to your presence cos theres no blip on his radar.

My only wish is that stealth worked in frer roam. Oh I could really fk over some tanks then.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

This is also the divide between true tacticians and joystick commandos.  The word is camping.  Anyone who has ever been a true military tactician would ask why you didn't take and hold a position of tactical superiority.  Still young kids want to go in a room, run across an open field and then whine when they get gunned down by a sniper.

I HATE players that complain about campers.  As if the camper should have to move around and run out in the open just so "they' can get an easy kill.

• vipprimo likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

I played exactly 10 minutes of Deathmatch and it was a horrible experience. I'm a decent player, but I felt so out of my zone in the DM and got my read-end handed to me.

I've been dying to get back into it, but everytime I join a Quick DM, I either get booted out or it's just me and the host.

Suggestions?

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

I played exactly 10 minutes of Deathmatch and it was a horrible experience. I'm a decent player, but I felt so out of my zone in the DM and got my read-end handed to me.

I've been dying to get back into it, but everytime I join a Quick DM, I either get booted out or it's just me and the host.

Suggestions?

Whenever you find a lobby for a DM that ends up being a decent game add as many people from that lobby as you can. That way you willget iinvites and you can add them when you host. Most of my friends list are people I met in DMs or I met from the free aim topic in 'Find groups and meetings' section.

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:48 PM Edited by JohnTaper, 07 January 2014 - 09:49 PM.

Pls Rockstar, delete autoaim... its unfair and it sucks. And why its unfair? Cause the first who aims gets the kill. 

Don't know if you have played many shooting games but usually the first person to aim does get the kill... And although this GTA auto-aim is very exaggerated, every shooting game uses some type of aim assistance. I know all the badasses out there getting kills in call of duty think they are amazing, but it would be funny to see them play a shooter without any type of aim assistance.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:53 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 07 January 2014 - 09:55 PM.

DM/TDM on free aim (which a lot of people don't even know exists) is a f*cking blast and I've personally had some some of my most intense game time spent in matches. It's responsible for me becoming addicted to making deathmatches in the CC. Maybe a big difference has to do with me mostly playing with friends and avoiding randoms/quickmatch and people without mics.  

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Suggestions?

Whenever you find a lobby for a DM that ends up being a decent game add as many people from that lobby as you can. That way you willget iinvites and you can add them when you host. Most of my friends list are people I met in DMs or I met from the free aim topic in 'Find groups and meetings' section.

This, and here is a link, free aimers unite, because the match making is shockingly poor.

http://gtaforums.com...im-topic/page-3

Free aim is the best.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Avtomat Kalashnikova

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

Suggestions?

Find a good group or crew to play with for TDM. For regular DM just play smart. Get a kill move locations, you don't want to "camp" the same place for too long, but sometimes you have too. Don't run out in the open. Get good at timing your rolls against their rolls. IE Time your roll right after them so you make them lose the lock and you get it. A lot of it is just practice. At first you will get laid out. Don't worry. Once you get the hang of it, it gets a lot easier. 

• fw3 likes this

kingkock666
  • kingkock666

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

I dont know what they were thinking when they made this piece of sh*t...f*cking rookies have some luck and they just camp some where.

Pls Rockstar, delete autoaim... its unfair and it sucks. And why its unfair? Cause the first who aims gets the kill. 

Obviously, you sir are the rookie, considering you are letting these people stomp you....The smart person camps somewhere and picks off people one by one.....

Also you don't have to play with auto-aim....

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

People still use guns in deathmatch?

OffCutter
  • OffCutter

Get ready for a broken ****ing arm!

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

Yeah, I played a deathmatch about twice inside of this game. This style not really to me liking, still, enough good content in GTAO that im not complaining.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:39 AM

Deathmatches are the reason I play this game online. All of them except silly melee ones.
  • kingkock666 likes this

AdmiralAugustus
  • AdmiralAugustus

Kush Kloud

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:51 AM Edited by AdmiralAugustus, 08 January 2014 - 02:53 AM.

Shoot for the head (you can zoom by clicking the right stick to make longshots easier)

Roll to drop AA targeting on you. (counter roll when you get better at rolling; "read the roll")

Call Lester as much as you can (no cooldown)

Adjust your camera look speed and aim speed settings to account for your comfort level. 

Stop being a bitch.

R1 cover gets you killed. It takes you out of the action and leaves your back exposed. Roll>Cover

And to those about free aim being super awesome and really cool and way better than AA, you're elitists. I've played Free Aim lobbies for a while. All it is is HVY Snipers, Auto Shotguns, and RPGs. Yeah man, real cool, top tier sh*t.

• MysterBeefy and The Angel King like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:13 AM

LOL I love playing Deathmatch. Team or Single, doesn't matter.

I will watch people slowly, kill in stealth, move, watch again, plant bombs, attract them, blow the bomb. I use strategy even though it's Auto Aim.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:16 AM

Suggestions?

Find a good group or crew to play with for TDM. For regular DM just play smart. Get a kill move locations, you don't want to "camp" the same place for too long, but sometimes you have too. Don't run out in the open. Get good at timing your rolls against their rolls. IE Time your roll right after them so you make them lose the lock and you get it. A lot of it is just practice. At first you will get laid out. Don't worry. Once you get the hang of it, it gets a lot easier. 

Thank you!! ;)

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:24 AM

Those who hate DMs should try some of the interior maps. I completely despised DMs until the content creator came out because I didn't like the open atmosphere that the R* created maps had. But with the creator, there have been several maps created inside interiors like the FIB building and bank. Many of these are also only melee DMs (no guns). Now DMs are one of my favorite things to do. They're such a blast, especially if you can get a big lobby going.

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

All I want for Christmas is proper matchmaking. :(

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:24 AM Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, 15 April 2014 - 05:26 AM.

Lazer deathmatch and LTS all day. Those are the only deathmatches I will ever play.

Lol, everything else is pretty messy, especially with that one level +100 jackass throwing stickies and shooting RPG's at you.

EDIT 4/14/14: Now I'm that level +100 jackass. (;

sD_Killer
  • sD_Killer

Wanna get high?

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:13 AM

yea death match f*ckin blows either you get stuck with a good team or a bunch of noobs 

LukeMayhem
  • LukeMayhem

GTAO Semi-Truck driver/ Punk Drummer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:58 AM

IMHO, Anything to do with combat in GTAO fails. To have made RDR and MP3, you'd think R* would make the combat better.
Deathmatches are for 'combat oriented' game's, not open world, sand-box games. I thought GTAV was gonna make fresh, new, original mode's. Instead, all I see is copy's of popular FPS style mode's(Capture the flag, Team deathmatch).
I'll prob cop alot of bad comment's, but R* failed to bring anything original to this game that make's me want to keep playing it. Sure I like the game, and the developer's work hard. I only keep playing because I create the fun, not R*. The misson's are generic and boring. 'pick this up, now drive/fly/ride it all the way across the map'. Over it. I'll keep playing it with my friend's but when another similar 'open world game' come's out, im gone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users