Photo

badsport should be threw vote...

17 replies to this topic
willinjapan
  • willinjapan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

soo i just got badsport in gta 5, because i accidentally blow up friends rides when doing the mission to steal the titan just because their car was in the way, and blowing up a couple people with bombs because they were ganging up on me(aka self defense). instead of getting bad sport for blowing up vehicles it should be for being reported by players for constant griefing...

ScamPictures
  • ScamPictures

Pro-Strategist

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

And then douchebags would report random players.. Good system, or maybe you should just refrain from blowing up personal vehicles.

• SpaceRobot likes this

willinjapan
  • willinjapan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

And then douchebags would report random players.. Good system, or maybe you should just refrain from blowing up personal vehicles.

the system wouldn't been just vote and they get banned. more like how in free roam you see players kill you and you got a score comparison of how many times you killed each other. so lets say random guy kills me 10 times and it shows 10v0 in free roam, i would then have the option of report for bad sport. or player x destroyed your vehicle x times would you like to report bad sport, that way it would prevent players from being placed as a bad sport.

SetPixels
  • SetPixels

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

They could easily make it so you can't just report everyone... put a limit on how many or how often you do it. Here's a post I made earlier addressing this issue:

It would be better if there was an easier way to quickly change your settings on other players to avoid them in the future. The current setup has you in the menu system for awhile. Would be nice if there was an easy way to just "avoid" the last person who killed you in the future with a quick two click visit in the menu. Maybe they could use "avoids" to determine bad sport players... or a combination of avoid and activities so people couldn't game the system to grief a person into bad sport status. Avoid works for future games, but not the game you are in - however, it would simultaneously mute the player and give them a negative report so they couldn't follow you into the next session if you jump and you wouldn't have to deal with them again. I would use the feature all the time if it was easier and I would be able to get rid of young children yelling f**got and n***er. Rockstar could start grouping kids together and adults together and separate people who want to just run around and lobby kill from people who want to explore and cooperate.

Or even give us a system more direct and meaningful than mood - like "run and gun" or "friendly" or "adventure" or "mission" to group people better than they are grouped now. Their system will probably evolve as the community does.

ScamPictures
  • ScamPictures

Pro-Strategist

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

the system wouldn't been just vote and they get banned. more like how in free roam you see players kill you and you got a score comparison of how many times you killed each other. so lets say random guy kills me 10 times and it shows 10v0 in free roam, i would then have the option of report for bad sport. or player x destroyed your vehicle x times would you like to report bad sport, that way it would prevent players from being placed as a bad sport.

How exactly is, killing you 10 times, bad sport? You could've just left after the 5 times.. This game is about killing, earning money, and doing jobs.

Itislupus
  • Itislupus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Would only change the demographic being effected. From those ruining people's time to the victims.

z0mb1esteve
  • z0mb1esteve

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

This system is terrible and should be removed or like you said through a voting system if many people find this play spawn killing not something stupid for blowing up their car i mean you already have to pay their insurance and sometimes it can get pretty expensive.

willinjapan
  • willinjapan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

How exactly is, killing you 10 times, bad sport? You could've just left after the 5 times.. This game is about killing, earning money, and doing jobs.

that was simply an example.

let me rephrase it then. player kills repeatedly 2+ times or blows up your vehicle 1+ times, if you feel it was unjust you can simply vote player as a bad sport.  but to prevent this from being abused the system can check how often players are killed (time frame of couple seconds- minutes to 5mins+) to see if your doing it frequently or not. 

also the 2 full days of being unable to player with players is excessive. maybe what can be done instead is a temporary bounty on the persons head, that wont go away until a certain time limit. and the more griefing you commit the higher the bounty. so lets say i kill someone 10 times/ blow up there vehicle a couple times. instead of being restricted in gameplay i would get a 1k bounty for 2 days, and if i keep griefing the bounty will be raised to 5k and 10k ect...

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

Voting could be nice but unfortunately it could lead to this situation.

Crew leader: report that player.

Crew members: Hell yeah.

Or something close enought.

Just like in reallife you must be careful about blowing vehicles up because it's considered bad of course.

willinjapan
  • willinjapan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

Would only change the demographic being effected. From those ruining people's time to the victims.

not really if you you make it so that its you cant vote with no basis

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Its funny. I go around killing people all the time and I just got a reward for good behavior lol

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

Except it seems a lot of people think that others who actually play the game within the bouderies of what's allowed by the game itself (like bounty hunting) are still bad sports. So a big hell no to the idea of bad sport in any way being in the hands of players. Kicking (in it's current form) should be done away with, too. I understand there are players out there that are total douche-bags, but the kicking system puts too much power in the hands of cry babies (which IMO is just as douchey).

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

Good.

I seriously hope that anybody who's ever blown me up in my vehicle (or blown up my vehicle after I've run inside a store) while I'm in Passive mode has been labeled a bad sport.

I really, really hope they were.

And doing it by vote?  Absolutely not.  I can see it now.  I jack a NPC car, get a 7k bounty on my head, and hide on top of a tower or fly around in a heli, and all the douchebag f*ck-ass 15 year olds who can't catch me get together and vote me a bad sport.  No.  No way.

zowert
  • zowert

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

I don't understand how they can have something like, "Bad Sport" in a f*cking GRAND THEFT AUTO game! Jesus Christ, this is pathetic. By the pussy-ass way this game is heading, 'Grand Theft Auto 6' will be more like 'The Sims' online. Where everyone has to be friendly with each other, no killing, stealing, trash talk or trolling. 

The only thing they should have for GTA Online is the 'kick' voting option. It makes it so the server's community of players can get together and kick a douchebag out if he is playing contrary to that particular game/city/server's style. Some are more laidback than others. If everyone on a server has been playing with a, "Live and Let Live" attitude, then all of a sudden a player comes in and starts random killing. That community can get together and vote to kick.

The kick option is extremely helpful at times. Just the other night, some stupid little bastard joined the server and started making the most annoying noises over his mic. Its hard to even explain, that's how ridiculously obnoxious it was. Normally I would just mute the kid, unfortunately I was in the middle of a 3 star police chase with a heli on my ass. So its not like I could stop to mute his mic. So, all I had to do was say, "Hey i'm in the middle of a chase and I can't mute this kid. Can you guys please all vote to kick him.." Less than thirty seconds later, he was kicked out. Stupid little bastard. Which reminds me of something funny I heard someone say to the annoying little brat...

"My god.. The mom and dad that bought this kid Grand Theft Auto are awful parents. Not because its an extremely violent video game, but because they have subjected us to their little snot nose bastard's squealing voice.." 

Another dude said (about the kid): "So this is what an autistic child of incest, with a horrible case of Down Syndrome sounds like.."

willinjapan
  • willinjapan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

Good.

I seriously hope that anybody who's ever blown me up in my vehicle (or blown up my vehicle after I've run inside a store) while I'm in Passive mode has been labeled a bad sport.

I really, really hope they were.

And doing it by vote?  Absolutely not.  I can see it now.  I jack a NPC car, get a 7k bounty on my head, and hide on top of a tower or fly around in a heli, and all the douchebag f*ck-ass 15 year olds who can't catch me get together and vote me a bad sport.  No.  No way.

read the thread. i stated that it should be made so you cant randomly vote people. only if they constantly kill you/ blow up your vehicle can the victem be allowed to vote the culprit as badsport...

HostilityFactor
  • HostilityFactor

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

You seem to have to blow up a lot of other players cars to be considered a bad sport. Either that or it's on a per session basis, Iv'e blown up around 15 people's cars over the last couple days, just doing random sh*t. Granted around 90% of the time it's my friends cars but still, Iv'e blown up 4 Players cars at once, and still get the good behavior award. 

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

No. People online are assholes. They will vote you as a bad sport if you piss them off in any way, regardless of how petty it may be. The system works as it is, you just need to stop blowing up personal vehicles. They shouldn't be used on heavy damage missions anyway. I know i wouldn't want my car getting wrecked.

willinjapan
  • willinjapan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:49 PM Edited by willinjapan, 08 October 2013 - 09:49 PM.

No. People online are assholes. They will vote you as a bad sport if you piss them off in any way, regardless of how petty it may be. The system works as it is, you just need to stop blowing up personal vehicles. They shouldn't be used on heavy damage missions anyway. I know i wouldn't want my car getting wrecked.

so my friends who i mess around with and blow up there vehicles will vote me for blowing up there vehicles even if we are just messing around, and i shouldnt shoot back at other players when they in a car while trying to kill me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users