Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar's strategy to get us to buy $$$$?

16 replies to this topic
alexkfr
  • alexkfr

Niko Belic

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by alexkfr, 08 October 2013 - 06:52 PM.

FIrst of all i'm not saying it is good or bad, neither i'm accusing them, this is just what i feel and after 25hours of online played i found out something.

I'm level 18 right now and i'm finding it really hard to stack money. Not impossible but kinda hard, if you still want to have fun and free roam.

1. Everything is so expensive, i mean 10 000 for a tattoo... 40 of these and you get the best apartment...  (with 50000 in real life you could ink your whole family in real life :p )

2.There is no logic when you loose money, putting it in the bank is useless i feel because when you die you loose from both stacks (cash and bank)

3.An option where you could take your money in cash in a bag from the bank to your place (where it is safe) and be vulnerable from point A to B could be nice don't you think??

Missions are sometimes so hard it feels like it is scripted that you are going to die, with gangbangers aiming from 3km and hitting you, and let's not talk about the police...

It's kinda hard to have fun in free roam and not care about your money, i started a session with 50 000 and 1h later i had 30 000, it just goes so fast with mods, healthcare, ammo, clothes...

Again, i really love this experience i really can't stop playing, but i feel that they planned some thing for us to buy cash saying "mmm okay 13$ are not going to kill me" but multiply it by the millions who play it.

If you're still here thanks for reading and feel free to tell me what do you think about the "money mechanic" in the game.

:lol:

podyx
  • podyx

Money Maker

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:52 PM Edited by podyx, 08 October 2013 - 06:53 PM.

it will be easier to make money in the later levels, and when hesists come, even easier

edit: i think the money system is great in this game. its not to hard to get and not to easy

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

I know how to throw a wrench in their plans. Don't give them your money so you can drive a fast car that you can earn in 2 hours anyway.

Trentg89
  • Trentg89

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

I think that once heists are introduced money won't be an issue

alexkfr
  • alexkfr

Niko Belic

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

it will be easier to make money in the later levels, and when hesists come, even easier

edit: i think the money system is great in this game. its not to hard to get and not to easy

thanks for your answer, yeah i guess with heists it will be better but without them people are already getting the most expensive apartment, i hope they keep that content coming ^^

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

I have no way of knowing but I have a feeling that's not going to happen for a very long time. Well, long time meaning 5 months or so.

alexkfr
  • alexkfr

Niko Belic

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

I have no way of knowing but I have a feeling that's not going to happen for a very long time. Well, long time meaning 5 months or so.

yep does not seem like a 1 month thing to me either

bnicmc
  • bnicmc

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

I think R* original hope for most normal players (ones that dont grind endlessly) was this:

1) Obviously they wouldnt have as many issues online

2) People would just spend some time the first few weeks to get acclimated to the system and slowly build up their RP and money.  Maybe buy a cheap apartment and car, etc.

3) Release heists and more higher level missions that earn you some serious bank and THEN players start buying the $1M+ cars, planes etc.

beermouse
  • beermouse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

I generally agree with your points. However it is incredibly easy to get money.

The main issue is with people wanting things now and not wanting to wait to earn it/grind and that's what R* rely on . I'm more than happy for it to take me a week to earn enough for an apartment or car.

Its good business sense . For me personally it just makes the game longer but agree if you just want to free roam you better be willing to pay.

alexkfr
  • alexkfr

Niko Belic

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

I think R* original hope for most normal players (ones that dont grind endlessly) was this:

1) Obviously they wouldnt have as many issues online

2) People would just spend some time the first few weeks to get acclimated to the system and slowly build up their RP and money.  Maybe buy a cheap apartment and car, etc.

3) Release heists and more higher level missions that earn you some serious bank and THEN players start buying the $1M+ cars, planes etc.

Yeah that is what it feels like, because doing over and over again the same job endlessly just to buy a car is not what i call fun (sounds like MY life, and it is not fun) ^^

• Wikiderr likes this

Wikiderr
  • Wikiderr

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

I hear what your saying op but they say they designed this game with it lasting for years so keep that in mind
. And hell yeah they want you to buy money. It is frustrating but they don't want too many millionaires running around within the first few weeks then everyone would get bored and stop playing. I just want the heists

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

M'eh....with the money, I have no need to obtain at an insanely quick pace. I, unlike others, will not be buying another game for a very long time, so I've got plenty of time to f*ck around in freeroam and get my money.

As for the gangbangers killing you from 3Km, well, why should I be able to kill them and they can't kill me? I'm not special.

Game money is fine, R* isn't trying to force or trick anyone into buying cash cards, they're providing it as an option to people. They know that people will buy them. Some people want the cool things and literally don't have the time to put into the game or the brain numbness to repetitively grind the same mission. 

• Goldstein likes this

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

I don't get the having to deposit money thing. It seems so pointless. You just go into your phone after a mission to deposit money (which makes absolutely no sense anyway). Why not just take out this tedious feature and have the money go straight to your account?

bongoclock
  • bongoclock

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

I think the game generates more than enough cash. I haven't once felt like I didn't have the money I needed to play the game. That being said I also haven't felt the urge to spend money on anything other than Ammo, Armor, and smokes.

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

It needs to be made a bit easier. The meth'd up mission is pretty hard for about $6000

Cooperal1012
  • Cooperal1012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

Throw real world logic aside on this one. Money is scaled to meet an intended balance. GTA Onlines cash doesn't even have the same scalings as GTA V.

Considering the high price you get paid for a couple in-game hours work (as high risk as it may be), I wouldn't be too upset. May as well take a zero off the end of everything to start seeing it more realistically.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

I believe the point is to have longevity over a long span of time.  So it might take months of playing to earn enough to buy the best apartment.  To me, farming is one of the worst ways to play - you ended up burning out on the game, or complaining that there's nothing to do.  Personally I'm liking the cash packs idea - I read an article that said it was about $15 for a $1.2 million cash pack.  I'd much rather just pay $15 then spend 5 hours playing the same Job over and over.  Plus, I want GTAO to keep growing for years and years, and I'm amazed R* hasn't made us may a subscription fee, so I'm fine with paying for cash packs.  I just think of it as "fancy apartment DLC" or whatever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users