Quantcast

» «
Photo

So.. apparently it's okay to use the alternate slot!

18 replies to this topic
mupp3tz
  • mupp3tz

Xbox 360

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

From Rockstar: http://support.rocks...HAD-IT-DELETED-

.. which is good news, but I wish they could have confirmed this earlier.

• GTA3Rockstar likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

I've been using the alternate slot since the first day. Never had any issues at all. 

• psychadelic145 likes this

psychadelic145
  • psychadelic145

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

To all of the forum people, they have been responding and here's the source. ^^^^^

mupp3tz
  • mupp3tz

Xbox 360

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

I opted to wait because people were saying they were told not to make a new character period. Shame.. couple of days wasted, but at least I can get online and play while they figure out restoration issues.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

Good to know, since I just made one in slot 2.

Sammmm
  • Sammmm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:13 PM Edited by Sammmm, 08 October 2013 - 06:13 PM.

I'm unable to. 

When my character deleted and it took me to the blue character selection screen, my account had duplicated for some reason.

Both are identical, they have the exact same amount of cash in the bank when I scroll through both which is weird.

Sucks, because I can't really make a 2nd account in fear of completely losing my main. I don't really see the point anyway seeing as it'd be a waste of time IF we got our original accounts back. 

I've not actually heard anyone else have this issue that I have. :/

Xavier Horovitz
  • Xavier Horovitz

Yolo Swaggins

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

Only the heavily autistic were saying that using the other slot would overwrite.

• psychadelic145 and Levano like this

mupp3tz
  • mupp3tz

Xbox 360

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

I'm unable to. 

When my character deleted and it took me to the blue character selection screen, my account had duplicated for some reason.

Both are identical, they have the exact same amount of cash in the bank when I scroll through both which is weird.

Sucks, because I can't really make a 2nd account in fear of completely losing my main. I don't really see the point anyway seeing as it'd be a waste of time IF we got our original accounts back. 

That... is really weird. First time I've heard of that issue. What did Rockstar say to you?

Nwfd22
  • Nwfd22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

I'm unable to. 

That... is really weird. First time I've heard of that issue. What did Rockstar say to you?

i also have this problem, first i lost my $319k apartment, all my vehicle mods and weapons and money, then the next day my character was gone.... but same as you, my slot 1 and 2 look identical, same amount of cash and zero rank....was rank 28.  honestly i have lost any urge to play this game, i worked my ass off to get what i HAD before these worthless cloud servers screwed up and lost my stuff.   i guarantee all of this could have been averted if we could just save our save game stuff on our own damn hard drive!

m33ts4k0z
  • m33ts4k0z

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

I lost my character on Sunday morning. Today after I noticed that Rockstar has actually given instructions and apparently has done some server side work, I decided to start a new character on slot 2 for the first time. So far, it's all good. I had a lot of money in bank since my first deletion and I lost about 300k including appartment and weapon investements. I had 2 cars that I got for free and I didn't even spend a dime on them so the impact wasn't THAT catastrophic. I really don't expect to get my character back and that's ok for me as long as the second one I made won't get deleted, doesn't matter that the first one was rank 25.

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

I used the other slot when I lost my character and I'm getting close to the rank I was on before so it won't make much difference to me but good news for the guys that lost level 50+ if they can get it back.

DSouza
  • DSouza

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

But my character deleted was created in slot 2, can I create a new one in slot 1?

Mr Brightside
  • Mr Brightside

Look CJ, NITRO

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

The info on loading screens online says not to create one.

What a farce this is.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

What button do I use on PS3 to do the alternate shot?

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

#1 Dinka Thrust Fan

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Only the heavily autistic were saying that using the other slot would overwrite.

Autism isn't a f*cking joke. Get some class.

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

I got tired of waiting for a restoration so I just made a new character on slot 2,  and have surpassed slot 1's stats , rank and money.  I dont care about getting slot 1 restored anymore

TiraTequila
  • TiraTequila

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

It's fixed? :/...

m33ts4k0z
  • m33ts4k0z

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

The info on loading screens online says not to create one.

What a farce this is.

Read carefully... It says not to create one on the same slot as the character you lost.

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

Autism isn't a f*cking joke. Get some class.

lighten up, this is a video game message board, not a sensitivity message board, stop trying to be the word police, let ignorant immature people be ignorant and immature.

it amazes me every time i see someone on here whining about someones language, do you know what game you are playing?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users