Photo

Why no "Cops n Crooks"?

27 replies to this topic
AtchooMatchew
  • AtchooMatchew

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

"Cops n Crooks" was about the only ranked match type I played on GTA IV when I wasn't free-roaming. And as seen on sites like Reddit.com, it was one of the most beloved and requested match types. Has anyone seen this match type yet? I haven't. It's actually very disheartening.

Terminus
  • Terminus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Apparently its available for 30+ ranked players in GTAO.  I'm 26 so I'll know soon enough. I cannot believe how low ranked the general GTA population is.  I was online about 2 days after everyone else cause I wanted to do SP right, and within the next 2 days I was in the top 10% rank of all the people I play with.

Resin Glazed Donut
  • Resin Glazed Donut

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

Glad to hear its in there somewhere.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

Made my day. Thanks

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Apparently its available for 30+ ranked players in GTAO.  I'm 26 so I'll know soon enough. I cannot believe how low ranked the general GTA population is.  I was online about 2 days after everyone else cause I wanted to do SP right, and within the next 2 days I was in the top 10% rank of all the people I play with.

Because some characters don´t save. Like mine, i was 22 and it disappeared and now i am rank 9. f*ck this sh*t.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

I hope you are right about CnC. I don't see how it fits though, as everything I've seen so far is played with your custom character. In IV, this was not the case for Turf War, CnC and the Co-op modes, where you didn't play with your personal model. As for the reason there's a low average rank I would suspect is a lot of people have had their characters mysteriously vanish/deleted due to some technical problem with R*'s cloud, as yet unknown/unadmitted. I was at rank 19 when I lost mine and not feeling particularly inclined to go through it all again at the moment.

AtchooMatchew
  • AtchooMatchew

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

I'll take CnC over this any day. You know that feeling you get when you hit a plateau in a game and you think, "What now"? Now that I have my nice apt. and some cars, I kinda just wanna lose myself in CnC and forget about the rest.

• 2281 likes this

hierbamala
  • hierbamala

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

Overrated hope it's not in it

Rich.
  • Rich.

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:19 AM Edited by Rich., 10 October 2013 - 03:20 AM.

They were very detailed about it in the build log. It's most likely one of the updates planned for the future.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

Overrated hope it's not in it

Well the way I see it is that just because a few idiots like yourself didn't like it, it is no reason not to have it in.    Was one of the most popular modes in gta iv, and Rockstar better be putting it or something better in soon.

lasagna
  • lasagna

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

crooked cop and the biznss man who gets the limo are close to cnc

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:50 AM Edited by ASIAN LAWYER, 10 October 2013 - 05:52 AM.

i'm pretty sure it's in one of the mission match types. you can actually get some real interesting modes. i got a match that was called bodyguards vs assassins (?) or something like that. it was an 8v8 matchup and i was on the bodyguard team driving the limo, whilst the other 7 were seperated in the two cars aimed to protect me. one followed behind and the other lead me in front. it was all done like a genuine bodyguard setup. sadly we lost, but it was great fun and real intense.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

They were very detailed about it in the build log. It's most likely one of the updates planned for the future.

Where's the build log?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:27 PM Edited by 2281, 19 November 2013 - 10:34 PM.

Not true. You are thinking of the Crooked Cop mission in GTAO. In Crooked Cop, you are separated into two teams with the goal of one team stealing and delivering some package from someone and both the opposing team and the LSPD attempting to stop you. Being only level 28, I haven't had the chance to play it yet (or maybe I can't find it).

However, there are a few Youtube videos on it - keyword: "few". It seems that it's not as popular as the beloved "classic" Cops & Crooks mode in IV Multiplayer.

As for the original question (Why no Cops & Crooks?), Rockstar likely took this mode out in order to sell it to you afterwards. It was arguably the most popular mode in IV Multiplayer, I don't see why it was not expanded upon in GTAO.

• StormerBoy and Day Reaper like this

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

i loved cops & crooks.  :cry:

• StormerBoy, 2281 and PrestoWater like this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

Because Rockstar doesnt want to look like IV because SA fanboys whined too much that it was too boring.
  • 2281 likes this

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

One word: DLC $$$

• 2281 likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

One word: DLC $$$

If it is DLC, does that mean there won't be a lot of people that bother to buy it?

AirWolf856
  • AirWolf856

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

Cops N Crooks was an amazing mode in GTA IV.  But after people play it for a while, the getaway spots were all known and the cops would just run to the getaway spot and either destroy the getaway vehicle or wait for the crooks to arrive.  I really hope R* fixes this by completely randomizing the getaway spots so they can't be predicted and force no flying vehicles available during that mode. 

sportboz
  • sportboz

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:39 PM

http://www.reddit.co...s_lobby_coming/

Cops and Crooks is probably coming. But not the way you expect it. If you played Cops and Crooks in GTA, you should probably know about LCPDFR. It's a mod for GTA4 that allowed you to become the cop (lcpdfr.com). I'm surprised that of all the people that use this mod for GTA4, none of them have said anything about this Cops and Crooks mode coming to GTA5. And besides, if they were gonna add a Cops and Crooks mission like the one from GTA4, honestly it would probably take less than 4 hours to make it (maybe longer depending on how many alternate routes or drop offs there would be). But Rockstar has had countless hours to have added this in, or complete it. Which leads me to believe that this Cops and Crooks mode is going to be way more in-depth, and it may even tie in with Heists, but i'm not gonna get my hopes of about that one.

• StormerBoy likes this

Cripto136
  • Cripto136

Alpha Team

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:52 PM

Cops and Crooks is probably coming. But not the way you expect it. If you played Cops and Crooks in GTA, you should probably know about LCPDFR. It's a mod for GTA4 that allowed you to become the cop (lcpdfr.com). I'm surprised that of all the people that use this mod for GTA4, none of them have said anything about this Cops and Crooks mode coming to GTA5. And besides, if they were gonna add a Cops and Crooks mission like the one from GTA4, honestly it would probably take less than 4 hours to make it (maybe longer depending on how many alternate routes or drop offs there would be). But Rockstar has had countless hours to have added this in, or complete it. Which leads me to believe that this Cops and Crooks mode is going to be way more in-depth, and it may even tie in with Heists, but i'm not gonna get my hopes of about that one.

Pretty sure I heard somewhere here that its cut content.

sportboz
  • sportboz

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

Apparently they added more stuff back into the game relating to this mode. I really hope it isn't cut from the game! LCPDFR is the only reason I play GTA4...

Also: This code and the images were found the same way everybody found the other DLC's, so more than likely it's real.

• StormerBoy likes this

IanE55
  • IanE55

Ironic Hipster.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

We still have Top Fun, right?

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

Is that a f*cking joke?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:55 PM Edited by 2281, 08 August 2014 - 06:57 PM.

Is that a f*cking joke?

INB4 "Crooked Cops" :p

Edit: Who bumped this thread?  :blink:

• StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:26 PM Edited by StormerBoy, 08 August 2014 - 07:26 PM.

Don't know, but it needed bumping. Why no one ever talk about what was the best game mode in town?

• 2281 likes this

Flexusen
  • Flexusen

Snitch

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:28 PM

You guys realise this thread is from october, right?

MythicRare
  • MythicRare

Twisted Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

Did you seriously necro this thread?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users