1,099 replies to this topic
RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

thanks dude. :)

You're welcome! I look forward to your comparisons.

toasty030
  • toasty030

I Like Toast

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:10 PM Edited by toasty030, 14 October 2013 - 04:31 PM.

Sorry about the size difference.jm9Kp7i.jpg

72BKAyX.jpg

• Muhammad Hamdan likes this

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Sorry about the size difference.

PQ6YVUN.jpg

MtQqCvZl.jpg

Here you go. That's a pretty accurate comparison. But did you take the picture before the game update? I'm asking that because it has a filter that was removed after the first game update.

Anyway, nice comparison. Keep them coming! :)

• toasty030 likes this

toasty030
  • toasty030

I Like Toast

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:37 PM Edited by toasty030, 14 October 2013 - 03:49 PM.

Yeah, i might take an up to date version later on :)

EDIT: Just waiting for the right time of day and i should upload very soon :^:

toasty030
  • toasty030

I Like Toast

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

I waited for morning too break through to get the Lighting correct, but it started to turn foggy so i'll upload 2 photos that i have. Sorry they're not much better. I couldn't use the weather cheat either because i was online.

jm9Kp7i.jpg

xFtvEDq.jpg

Cx13Na6.jpg

C_G_R
  • C_G_R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

:)

JhU8ZWI.jpg

e5i46Kz.jpg

pWZqGzI.jpg

ae7H7Pk.jpg

• crisissasix likes this

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

Kudos to you both for this comparisons. While others only see the amount of trees removed in that image, I see the amount of patience you had to take a such an accurate shot (that one with the train). Great job. I stopped making such complex comparisons because most people seem to only care about the trees and trash, they don't appreciate the people who make the comparisons.

I think I'm going to make more in the next days if I have the time and I hope you continue making them too.

Note: You should resize the screenshots to 640x360 for them to be the same size as the ones you capture.

You can do that in Paint or even online. :)

gHSE6I3.jpg

e5i46Kz.jpg

• Muhammad Hamdan likes this

C_G_R
  • C_G_R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Kudos to you both for this comparisons. While others only see the amount of trees removed in that image, I see the amount of patience you had to take a such an accurate shot (that one with the train). Great job. I stopped making such complex comparisons because most people seem to only care about the trees and trash, they don't appreciate the people who make the comparisons.
I think I'm going to make more in the next days if I have the time and I hope you continue making them too.

Note: You should resize the screenshots to 640x360 for them to be the same size as the ones you capture.

thx very much! Of course i will make many comparisons in the future too. :) really cool that this thread doesn't die!

And ok, i will resize them next time :)

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

tYMCXYJ.jpg

sLvdXYM.jpg

Evidently the house was sold and the new owners didn't like the number etched on the curb.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

Lol at some people thinking the earlier screens and trailers were from PC.

sly1286
  • sly1286

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

Its Pretty obvious that the Old Trailers And Screenshots are showing the pc Version .
That doesnt mean that the console Version Looks Bad . I am a pc Gamer And im impressed how Rockstar made it Possible to Play such a beautyful Game on these Old sh*tty consoles!
Pc Version will be epic !!

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

Nice work C_G_R, very accurate, too bad you can't take them in 720p.

Lol at some people thinking the earlier screens and trailers were from PC.

I don't know about you but even with the accurate screen you can clearly see that the train rendition is very different, the assets have more quality even in the distance, but that should be obvious by now. But what i find most intriguing and I already said maybe why, it's that not only the tress were removed but also their design changed drastically, that can't be just a design decision, the old ones looked a lot better and look to the textures of the mountain and the rocks under the bridge (the draw distance is the same but not the detail).

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

major differences noted:

1. Less Trees, namely, flat textures and,

2. ( what should this be called ) Less in-game items, like roadside trashcans, light-poles, etc. basically miscellaneous decoration to give a more finished look rather simplistic overall feel. On the other hand, all the interiors are much better than outside world.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

Sorry about the size difference.jm9Kp7i.jpg

72BKAyX.jpg

This one is a good example: Hell! where are the trees? 

Sammo42
  • Sammo42

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

gb6PzmE.jpg
qwIJb23.jpg
azfGdbp.jpg
1qKn8LA.jpg
hYF0hE5.jpg
1PAcmNL.jpg
I6UHEsb.jpg
YaPMtmA.jpg

:cry: Rockstar made the Par 3 a Par 5. How dare they!

• crisissasix likes this

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

The final product looks like a f*cking wasteland.
  • theGTAking101 and pilscy like this

toasty030
  • toasty030

I Like Toast

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

gHSE6I3.jpg

e5i46Kz.jpg

Thanks man, I agree. I waited for quite some time to get the time of day correct. 

I understand why some people are disapointed with the lack of trees and textures and so on, but imo the game still looks great and its plays really smooth, never had any trouble.

Let be honest people, would you all really care about the damn trees if they were still in? I agree it does look a little bare in places without them but so what. If you're letting a few trees and textures spoil a game for you, then you should learn to be more great-full. Some of you people are seriously over-reacting.

TJGM
  • TJGM

James May is the best May!

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:47 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 15 October 2013 - 05:50 PM.

I've read about 4 pages of this topic and people REALLY seem to think that the PC version of GTA V will be just like the first trailer. It doesn't work like that sadly.

Of course you'll get all these better draw distances, anti-aliasing, more peds, traffic, etc.. but you won't get the details that you had in the first trailer. The trees, bins, signs, grass, etc.. will all be the same as the console version, with a higher draw distance of course depending on your settings.

• toasty030 likes this

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

At least the bicycle is still there.

31kIQwr.jpg

can you explain to me why the house looks so different in this screenshot? different consoles? or different houses?
sLvdXYM.jpg

The empty one is GTA Online, the other one is GTA V SP
so online is even more dull than SP :-/

Anyway: thx for the info

Longtonguehuey
  • Longtonguehuey

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by Longtonguehuey, 15 October 2013 - 07:49 PM.

If someone gave me a big bag of grumble vids for £35 quid, I wouldn't complain because the bag had a hole in it.

Even if I was promised a new bag.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

The trees, bins, signs, grass, etc.. will all be the same as the console version, with a higher draw distance of course depending on your settings.

But those details ARE in the console version! They just appear at certain time points, Trash only appears on Thursdays, there are houses and buildings that have those For Sale, signs, etc, people keep bringing up the 2405 House as some sort of proof about how downgraded the consoles are and how the PC version would be able to handle those things, but it's bullsh*t, it's cleaned up as a design choice:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

TJGM
  • TJGM

James May is the best May!

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:00 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 15 October 2013 - 07:01 PM.

Yeah but Ash, the grass and all the trees won't be there, which is what people are expecting.

Personally, I don't really care because I know someone will add much more with mods, but people are expecting Rockstar to add everything back for them.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

pWZqGzI.jpg

ae7H7Pk.jpg

sh*tty consoles, Rockstar had to remove the flags because consoles couldn't handle them LOLOLOL.

Oh Wait, it's a design changed, and they actually ADDED the flags, see how that works?

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Clearly from what I'm seeing, the majority of the game actually as good as the trailers showed off. Some things were removed, but thats no surprise because games go through big changes to keep bugs minimal and the game running smoothly.

The only real difference I'm seeing (other than the obvious lack of trees) is generally the time of day+weather combinations. Obviously its the R* promoter's job to find the perfect time+weather combinations to get the right lighting/shadows/coloration on each image. 

packardcaribien
  • packardcaribien

Let's blow some *&%# Up!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

tYMCXYJ.jpg

sLvdXYM.jpg

I had a feeling that scene looked too good to be true, but I never thought they were going to completely obliterate every detail. Either Rockstar highly overestimated the consoles' limitations, or they intentionally mislead us about the graphics.

I think this in case has more to do with the neighborhood revision than anything else. In the trailer it looks like a slum, more like where Franklin starts out, whereas in the game it is in Mirror Park, a pretty gentrified and affluent suburb full of hipsters. Perhaps R* decided to change what the neighborhood was like during development, and the house reflects that: greener lawn, less garage, no for sale sign, less junk everywhere.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

Is it just me, or do those pre-release screens look like they have AO in them?

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but what what does that mean?

• theGTAking101 and Smaher. like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Ambient Occlusion. 

Or maybe the more widely used term would be SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion).

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

Ambient Occlusion. 

Or maybe the more widely used term would be SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion).

Got an example of that in one of the screens?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:50 PM Edited by brootalperry, 16 October 2013 - 11:55 PM.

Got an example of that in one of the screens?

gHSE6I3.jpg

e5i46Kz.jpg

In those two I'll try my best to explain.

Look at the the shadows right under the tracks on the bridge in the first picture. They are dark and more profound, and every piece of beam/steel of the bridge casts a shadow, but on the second picture there aren't really any shadows except for maybe the tracks. SSAO would simulate the position of the Sun and shadows cast by it as realistically as possible. In other words it makes lighting more realistic. But not just for the Sun, but other light sources in the game as well.

There are more examples like the shadows on the trees and the lighting on the rocks. That all looks like SSAO to me. If you have The Witcher 2 or Arma 3, you can toggle SSAO and see for yourself how it looks like. 

Edit: Also look at the train itself in the first picture. The last part (the red tanker) look at the two rails on top of it. They cast their own shadows. That just screams SSAO. And the way the lighting affects the rest of the train. In the second there aren't any shadows on the tanks of the train, but on the first screenshot there is.

• _Kindled_ likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users