GTA V Then and Now

1,099 replies to this topic
one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

great thread!

seriously, i don't understand how anyone can complain about how different the game looks between the trailers and gameplay. They look pretty much identical! Yeah, gameplay shots do have less peds/vehicles but what do you expect? Big deal, get over it.

If someone had shown me these comparisons before the game came out then I would have called total bullsh*t. I would have said that there's no way the game would look like that on our PS3 or 360 BUT it does...

Rocknroll85
  • Rocknroll85

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

At least the bicycle is still there.

31kIQwr.jpg

can you explain to me why the house looks so different in this screenshot? different consoles? or different houses?
sLvdXYM.jpg

Because someone thought maybe that house should look like a clean house instead. There are other houses you know, that looks like the trailer house version. You know the Ps3 is old, but it can handle three recle bins, a sale sign and the car they removed. Someone just changed this particular house and people thinks the game now sucks..? Ok, good luck in life...

tdavies457
  • tdavies457

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

The game looks the same as the first trailer to me, the only ones complaining are typical PC gamers.

^ this

How can this look the same to you?

HOW!?

Really, If you can't see the difference then you must be in denial or something.

Because it doesn't look the same.

And people should complain because then the developers will think it's ok to build gamers hype by selling them

false hope, and I think we all hate that, but only some admit it.

That's the reason why people ate starting to hate this game, because they were expecting much more.

So it's better to tell the truth no matter what, at least people wont be disappointed then.

please EXPLAIN the differences to me then instead of bitching all the time about nothing, what exactly are you seeing in the first trailer that is so different about the finished game? what were rockstar giving you false hope of? the only people hating on the game already are spoilt little trolls like you...no offence fella

tdavies457
  • tdavies457

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

great thread!

seriously, i don't understand how anyone can complain about how different the game looks between the trailers and gameplay. They look pretty much identical! Yeah, gameplay shots do have less peds/vehicles but what do you expect? Big deal, get over it.

If someone had shown me these comparisons before the game came out then I would have called total bullsh*t. I would have said that there's no way the game would look like that on our PS3 or 360 BUT it does...

^ what this man just said right here

tdavies457
  • tdavies457

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

There is a big difference between the trailer and the game in terms of pretty much everything like the guy said above me, people that don't see the difference are in denial.

The trailers were most likely rendered frame by frame then composited together with depth maps and effects added after that. Each scene was probably separated from the rest of the world and everything was basically turned up to 11 is the easiest way to explain it. With no need to run it in real time they were able to do this and make it look amazing similar to animated films and shows you see before you today.

but anyway that's just my two sense on whats gone on, but its nice to see a thread that's comparing the shots :beerhat:

I don't know how many times I can repeat this but I'll say it one last time...people whining how different it looks need to explain exactly what they think is wrong with the finished game in relation to the trailers, to me they look exactly the same and we should be amazed by that, not bitching about the odd bin/tree missing here or there

• Faltskogian likes this

JRolly
  • JRolly

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

At least the bicycle is still there.

31kIQwr.jpg

can you explain to me why the house looks so different in this screenshot? different consoles? or different houses?
sLvdXYM.jpg

Because someone thought maybe that house should look like a clean house instead. There are other houses you know, that looks like the trailer house version. You know the Ps3 is old, but it can handle three recle bins, a sale sign and the car they removed. Someone just changed this particular house and people thinks the game now sucks..? Ok, good luck in life...

It's not only about this f*cking house you know??? It's just an example.

cldd
  • cldd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:14 PM Edited by cldd, 11 October 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Are people still complaining about the house? Tell me, what would you do if they had been there? Knock the trashcans over, play in the grass?

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

Hum nice shots XTREME0235, could you take a screen that I mentioned in page 3, the one with the colored lights and the one with the 3 protagonists?

Yeah sure, I can have a crack at them.

If you can remember what that mission was, it would be very helpful. I'm sure it was the planning cut scene in the strip club with Michael, Trevor, Franklin and Lester but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

HaciSerkanOsman
  • HaciSerkanOsman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

Wow, didn't expect to see such interest on this topic, THANKS GUYS!

In celebration of this (this is my first topic so im obviously a noob)

Here's 2 new comparisons
(Again, sorry for the aspect ratio of the screens, I will be getting a flatscreen shortly so hopefully the aspect ratio would be fixed)
mDLv1wy.jpg
6HE7Q3Y.jpg
oRDRet0.jpg
F13dbio.jpg

Haha shiiiit R* u fackn fags... so many people there and real game 0 peds...what means less fun

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:31 PM Edited by RaduG, 11 October 2013 - 04:38 PM.

Haha shiiiit R* u fackn fags... so many people there and real game 0 peds...what means less fun

Do you even have the game?

7QmyTVp.jpg

Hum nice shots XTREME0235, could you take a screen that I mentioned in page 3, the one with the colored lights and the one with the 3 protagonists?

Yeah sure, I can have a crack at them.

If you can remember what that mission was, it would be very helpful. I'm sure it was the planning cut scene in the strip club with Michael, Trevor, Franklin and Lester but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

It's from

Spoiler

I made this quick comparison.

7wLUq08.jpg

• Deadly Target and MichaelPayneV like this

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:45 PM Edited by XTREME0235, 11 October 2013 - 04:47 PM.

Okay S1LV3R_W0LF so I got the one with the lights on the building, unable to get the exact angle for obvious reasons. There are definitely lighting adjustments made in the official screenshot.

I'm unable to do the cutscene comparison because when I replay the mission (found it) it only replays from where you make the A or B decision and not the full cutscene.

m3YrjlS.jpg

• MichaelPayneV likes this

Strengthcamp
  • Strengthcamp

Employee

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

Here's my contribution, I'm not too great at this stuff.

ftBN266.jpg
DXmK2x2.jpg
NyA6BWl.jpg
wjzEhAw.jpg

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Awesome thread  :^:

And here was me thinking this forum had just turned into a bitching and whining centre.

Good to see we can still have interesting threads among the flooding of tantrums. I only hope it doesn't get buried.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

good topic :^:
By comparison the game looks better than it looks in the  first trailer

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Okay S1LV3R_W0LF so I got the one with the lights on the building, unable to get the exact angle for obvious reasons. There are definitely lighting adjustments made in the official screenshot.

You can get a similar lighting effect if you stand near the lights on Del Perro Pier. But on the location in the screenshot the lights are too high up so they don't light the character.

My guess is that Rockstar added one light to the left and one behind Michael so it looks more interesting. Or as "brian." would say: DX11 exclusive feature.

• Lazyboy. likes this

Strengthcamp
  • Strengthcamp

Employee

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

gb6PzmE.jpg
qwIJb23.jpg
azfGdbp.jpg
1qKn8LA.jpg
hYF0hE5.jpg
1PAcmNL.jpg
I6UHEsb.jpg
YaPMtmA.jpg
  • Rocknroll85 and MichaelPayneV like this

KiiWiiDeee
  • KiiWiiDeee

Liberty City's finest.

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

This is the pc build the consoles got the dumbed down edition.

Yeah, just keep telling yourself that...

• pilscy likes this

cldd
  • cldd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

I honestly feel like Rockstar had so much vegetation in the trailers/screens because they were trying to hide things in the distance =/

• Deadly Target and Pyroshox like this

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

Don't hate, appreciate.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Bump

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

nice job guys! these comparisons are interesting!

i'll see if i can contribute some comparison shots.

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

Very interesting topic and some nice comparisson shots. Various game props obviously changed/moved, because it was still in full development back in 2011, lot things do change in this process. Changes for sake of gameplay, performance and relevance.

Fortunately final game pretty much retains most of elements we saw back then and so far I'm happy with the game we got.

hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

you guys are forgetting that in the trailer they used the perfect timing and weather for the most awesome looking lightning..

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

d5ctFRh.jpg

• †BULLET†, _Kindled_, tikhung01 and 6 others like this

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

d5ctFRh.jpg

:^:

Wyattsawesome
  • Wyattsawesome

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

tYMCXYJ.jpg

sLvdXYM.jpg

I had a feeling that scene looked too good to be true, but I never thought they were going to completely obliterate every detail. Either Rockstar highly overestimated the consoles' limitations, or they intentionally mislead us about the graphics.

What're you guys even talking about? It still looks great. Ridiculously high standards, jeez. I can barely see a difference, just the lighting and what's going on in the picture. There isn't an address or for sale sign, big deal. That's not them being misleading.

lightningun
  • lightningun

...Rage...

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

I made these yesterday, the first one was a hard to get because even the blimp can't stay still long enough.
Let's not let this thread die I'll be making some more later.
1566534.jpg

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

I made these yesterday, the first one was a hard to get because even the blimp can't stay still long enough.
Let's not let this thread die I'll be making some more later.

Nice comparisons! I think I am going to make some more too, so if anyone wants some specific shots, ask me and I'm gonna try to make them tomorrow.

B1T8
  • B1T8

(8 BIT)

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:17 PM Edited by B1T8, 12 October 2013 - 05:17 PM.

Some more for you guys. These are actually really fun to make, but you can only do so much.

NEfdIwL.jpg

??? this comparison can't be true :(

Sergio2007
  • Sergio2007

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

damn the deleted SO MUCH trees. sad, the game would look even more beautiful with them. just look at trailer #1, the game looked fantastic, but yeah.. limitations.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:51 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 12 October 2013 - 05:56 PM.

Some of the deleted trees (Not all) I'm thinking were more geared towards artistic decision than console limitations.

And can anyone find the right spot for the Mt. Chiliad scene from Trailer 1? I looked all over and can't find the right area. Possible Rockstar altered this part of the terrain. (Where the hikers are standing etc.)

gtav8_by_xbulletz-d6f8z25.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users