tdavies457
  • tdavies457

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

Why are pe

tYMCXYJ.jpg

sLvdXYM.jpg

I had a feeling that scene looked too good to be true, but I never thought they were going to completely obliterate every detail. Either Rockstar highly overestimated the consoles' limitations, or they intentionally mislead us about the graphics.

The house is in a middle class suburban neighborhood. It would kind of look stupid for there to be a bunch of run down track houses to be here when its supposed to be a new suburban neighborhood. The detail is not gone, the area was just restored. The house is painted, grass greener and the interior was removed.

To be honest you've got to be joshing me if you thought the game would look as good as the first trailer. And judging by the second trailer, the trailer that actually showed how the game actually looked, your expectations should've already been shattered.

"shattered"? lol, really? the game looks almost EXACTLY the same as it did in the first trailer. You're sounding off like a bunch of spoilt little kiddies, R* give you one of the finest-looking and most ambitious games ever made and all you can do is whine over tiny amounts of irrelevant detail that isn't there...people just don't appreciate anything these days  :dontgetit:

• Faltskogian, Njale and IveGotNoValues like this

tdavies457
  • tdavies457

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

The game looks the same as the first trailer to me, the only ones complaining are typical PC gamers.

^ this

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

This makes me think that the first trailer was recorded on the PC version.

• Android and Bodge like this

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

Tried to get the best angle I could. I waited for it to reach sunset before I took the picture, when I came back it was a bit too dark but oh well.

As you can see they've moved/added a lot of things since the first trailer.

JCCEJJ8.jpg

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

My goal is to visit every place seen in the trailers. But I have never heard the words Michael are using in the first trailer. Removed? Or have anyone else heard it?

the words are just for the trailer homie

Just like Niko's words in GTA IV's first trailer.

Wrong. Niko's words in GTA IV's first trailer were not just for the trailer. They were in a cutscene.

Nope, you are wrong. Niko says parts of his phrase but not the whole thing and with the meaning that he says it in in the trailer.

• _Klebitz_ likes this

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:08 AM Edited by Red XIII, 11 October 2013 - 03:12 AM.

No. Its called development, things change. Do you expect the game to stay the same after 2 years of development?

IGhostUlt
  • IGhostUlt

LSLKS

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:45 AM

No. Its called development, things change. Do you expect the game to stay the same after 2 years of development?

No but u do expect it to look better after 2 years of development

• Strengthcamp likes this

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:09 AM Edited by FutoDriver, 11 October 2013 - 05:10 AM.

Yeah, Rockstar spent all that time developing those amazing assets to just dump them later knowing they will have to remake new ones for consoles? Those first trailers were manipulated by using a PC and it's obvious.

Consoles got the toned down version of those assets.

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:13 AM Edited by RaduG, 11 October 2013 - 07:23 AM.

Can you get a screen identical to that one, to show the light reflections in the character face? Also the detail in those hands is different from what I've seen.

This picture is also another that intrigues me, can you take a shot of this scene for comparison?

http://www.rockstarg...ot/864-1280.jpg

I'll have more if you do these and wanna do more, thanks.

I don't have a capture card so I can't make comparisons for those. I use the phone to take the shots, so the protagonists can't appear in a photo like that.

Maybe a selfie? You may ask XTREME0235 for a proper comparison.

If you have access to the blimp, it's much better for taking photos.

Thanks for the tip. It may not work in the city as the blimp is humongous, but I think I can use it for countryside comparisons.

Tried to get the best angle I could. I waited for it to reach sunset before I took the picture, when I came back it was a bit too dark but oh well.

As you can see they've moved/added a lot of things since the first trailer.

I'm glad to see you here. I hope you can help us with some comparisons of screenshots including the protagonists as you have a capture card.

Yeah, Rockstar spent all that time developing those amazing assets to just dump them later knowing they will have to remake new ones for consoles? Those first trailers were manipulated by using a PC and it's obvious.

Consoles got the toned down version of those assets.

The PC version may or may not include improved assets. It's up to Rockstar. Look at the Far Cry 3 E3 gameplay video. Although that was the PC version with a higher density vegetation,

the final PC version had the same amount of vegetation as the consoles. As a PC gamer, I hope the PC version will include at least the DX11 features that Max Payne 3 has.

I look forward to the PC version as much as you do, but please don't start a flame war in this thread.

This one is for those concerned about the number of peds.

7QmyTVp.jpg

• MichaelPayneV likes this

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

I just wish there was more forest area, Paleto forest is very small. Also the areas there are trees are so god damn sparse.

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

I crashed my blimp capturing this one.

tav7RL1.jpg

• Deadly Target likes this

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

Idk bout you guys but I think the final game is just as detailed as the trailers. Maybe some things where rearranged or bits and pieces where taken out at certain areas but the whole world is still detailed as f*ck!

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

Here are some more for you guys. Tried my best with the angles and correct weather/time of day, getting certain shots requires a helicopter and it's a real task when you have the new physics preventing it from being completely still for longer than 2 seconds... even as Trevor.

Enjoy.

VCM3gKE.jpg

ODGX9wu.jpg

24SVTo5.jpg

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:19 AM Edited by RaduG, 11 October 2013 - 09:21 AM.

Here are some more for you guys. Tried my best with the angles and correct weather/time of day, getting certain shots requires a helicopter and it's a real task when you have the new physics preventing it from being completely still for longer than 2 seconds... even as Trevor.

Enjoy.

Nice job! You should try using the blimp aswell if you have it.

I'm proud of this one:

b2hkmBW.jpg

I remember this being called a bullshot. :lol:

• Duxfever and MichaelPayneV like this

Marcuskac
  • Marcuskac

Nobody tells me what I want.

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

The game looks the same as the first trailer to me, the only ones complaining are typical PC gamers.

^ this

How can this look the same to you?

HOW!?

Really, If you can't see the difference then you must be in denial or something.

Because it doesn't look the same.

And people should complain because then the developers will think it's ok to build gamers hype by selling them

false hope, and I think we all hate that, but only some admit it.

That's the reason why people ate starting to hate this game, because they were expecting much more.

So it's better to tell the truth no matter what, at least people wont be disappointed then.

• SilverRST likes this

JmanBassman
  • JmanBassman

Wheelman For Hire

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

There is a big difference between the trailer and the game in terms of pretty much everything like the guy said above me, people that don't see the difference are in denial.

The trailers were most likely rendered frame by frame then composited together with depth maps and effects added after that. Each scene was probably separated from the rest of the world and everything was basically turned up to 11 is the easiest way to explain it. With no need to run it in real time they were able to do this and make it look amazing similar to animated films and shows you see before you today.

but anyway that's just my two sense on whats gone on, but its nice to see a thread that's comparing the shots :beerhat:

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

Enjoy.

Thanks! More coming soon.

As soon as I read that, I went to see if I could re-activate my blimp code because for some reason it wouldn't register that I submitted it. I re-downloaded it and now I'm having a lot of fun with it. :lol:

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

Enjoy.

I'm proud of this one:

b2hkmBW.jpg

I remember this being called a bullshot. :lol:

Congratulations ;D In the right position...
Hmmm, R* reduced terrain quality and dam details...

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Nice thread.

In the above screen, the terrain pic before release seems to have some tesselation, doesn't it?! And the Dam has more detail on the overpass going through it

As for general vegetation and/or prop detail amount as well as traffic/ped density, PC may have options as sliders that specify those amounts(kind of like NVIDIA PhysX adds some detail in Mirror's Edge for example)

• BlackScout likes this

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

Congratulations ;D In the right position...
Hmmm, R* reduced terrain quality and dam details...

Thanks!

Nice thread.

In the above screen, the terrain pic before release seems to have some tesselation, doesn't it?! And the Dam has more detail on the overpass going through it

As for general vegetation and/or prop detail amount as well as traffic/ped density, PC may have options as sliders that specify those amounts(kind of like NVIDIA PhysX adds some detail in Mirror's Edge for example)

I don't know if it's tessellation or not. The difference is not that big anyway in my opinion so Rockstar didn't "bullshot" me. I look forward to the PC version too, but the console version is not as bad as PC elitists think.

Marcuskac
  • Marcuskac

Nobody tells me what I want.

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

Nice thread.

As for general vegetation and/or prop detail amount as well as traffic/ped density, PC may have options as sliders that specify those amounts(kind of like NVIDIA PhysX adds some detail in Mirror's Edge for exampYY

Yea it seems like it has more detail to it.

But the lightning in the screenshots are different, although the sun is in the same position.

Maybe that's the reason why the cliffs look different, but they do look more smudgy,

But the details on the dam are obviously removed due to performance on consoles.

Sergio2007
  • Sergio2007

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

awesome thread!

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Another one...

MODkc87.jpg

• Duxfever and BlackScout like this

Sergio2007
  • Sergio2007

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

Keep it up, great work!

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

Why are pe

tYMCXYJ.jpg

sLvdXYM.jpg

I had a feeling that scene looked too good to be true, but I never thought they were going to completely obliterate every detail. Either Rockstar highly overestimated the consoles' limitations, or they intentionally mislead us about the graphics.

the interior was removed.

How the hell would you know if the interior was removed, or if there even was an interior?

I don't know. You have eyes don't you? Look at the frikkin first picture of the house and tell me.

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Some more for you guys. These are actually really fun to make, but you can only do so much.

NEfdIwL.jpg

mKEOFta.jpg

sngSkfx.jpg

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

Wow, so the majority of screens DO look the same, but people are still bitching about 2405 House and screaming PC TEH PC.

Look morons, look at the pics I've taken, the game CAN handle those extras, they DO spawn in the game, it's a DESIGN CHOICE that Rockstar made to clean that house/street up, things DO change after working on them for two years, look at the original again from Trailer 1, Downtown isn't even finished!

• Ferocious Banger, Android and maxrogers like this

Skizzo45
  • Skizzo45

The American

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

I just wish there was more forest area, Paleto forest is very small. Also the areas there are trees are so god damn sparse.

Yeah, that is just very sad. The whole of Blaine County is just a couple of trees here, a couple more there and that's about it with the forests, no deep and secluded places in dark forests and stuff. They used a very startegic way to enlarge the map by adding on a lot of big, narrow and empty mountains

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

xT4RDJo.jpg

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Hum nice shots XTREME0235, could you take a screen that I mentioned in page 3, the one with the colored lights and the one with the 3 protagonists?

Anyway I spot a few differences and even if not huge they give a few hints.

1 - In the screen with the bridge you have the exact weather conditions, although in the console gampeplay shot you don't have the projected shadows from trees, there is no grass exactly like there was in the first trailer (remember this shot was close to the final build) and the terrain textures are lower quality. The most intriguing this are the shadows to me, the objects are there but not the shadows and they remind me of the "night shadows" of GTA IV that were a killer to performance.

2 - The beach screen, it is placed in almost exactly the same position but you can see the LOD is different from their screen and the console shot, in IV PC version there was an option called "distance detail" that did exactly this, also the textures on the terrain are of higher quality in the "bullshot" then in the console (look at the detail in the sand for example). I also seen that spot in an XBOX360 and never saw so many NPC's and so varied.

3 - The "2405" screen also have some odd shadows in the trailer not in the console, what are all those projected shadows over the house? It looks like leafs or some building, but I never saw those shadows in any of the console shots.

4 - The night Vinewood shot, in the distance the LOD is also far superior in the "bullshot", the street lights project their own light source in the floor, while the console shot only have the pole light and the overall draw distance is also smaller.

So in conclusion, the game looks great I saw it on console and it's stunning, but taking into account that the shots were allegedly taken from consoles and some of them near a final build, there are many small processing details that are gone, some of them not necessarily demanding but not actually possible in such hardware. So yeah they've used deceiving pictures and not necessarely manipulate din Photoshop.

Keep up with the comparisions.

• BlackScout likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users