» «
Photo

GTA V Then and Now

1,257 replies to this topic
jelknab
  • jelknab

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:58 PM Edited by jelknab, 10 October 2013 - 10:59 PM.

I really want to join in but I have no way of uploading photos to my computer, I don't have xbox live either.

Anyone want to find these locations and compare them. I don't understand why rockstar cut out all them trees, maybe cause of really bad pop in?
271.jpg

V-8-1280.jpg

Trees have a lot of poligons and an expensive hitmodel. Consoles would be unable to have a stable and average fps with trees around.

I haven't played the game as i am a pc user, but i assume trees have dynamic shadowing. Just think of all those leaves it would have to calculate the shadow through.

Same is for the house scenario, all the objects seen in the trailer seem physical, if every house had that many physical props, the hardware would not be able to keep up.

However I expect next gen consoles and good pc's to have more detail to the map.
  • BlackScout likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

I'm in the area, THE HOUSES HAVE TRASH IN FRONT OF THEM, where is the exact house, let's prove this sh*t once and for all!

• ASIAN LAWYER likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

WHERE, is, the, house?

0_0.jpg

• ASIAN LAWYER likes this

NikDelgad
  • NikDelgad

GodFather

• Members
  • Croatia

_somewhere_

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Rockstar, you NEED to push forward!

• Members
  • Brazil

Now, stop and think...
Don't you think that, the trailer was made on a PC version??  :panic:  :panic:   :r*:

kasper2212
  • kasper2212

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

THEN

7QxsMYy.jpg

NOW

rgqASpD.jpg

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

Where is it, I'll get a pic with the trash in front of it so it's more fair.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:08 PM Edited by Murad96, 10 October 2013 - 11:09 PM.

Edit: I'm wrong.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:13 PM Edited by Ash_735, 10 October 2013 - 11:13 PM.

Found a house with a For Sale Sign and Trash in front of it, not the 2405 house though.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

Why are pe

tYMCXYJ.jpg

sLvdXYM.jpg

I had a feeling that scene looked too good to be true, but I never thought they were going to completely obliterate every detail. Either Rockstar highly overestimated the consoles' limitations, or they intentionally mislead us about the graphics.

the interior was removed.

How the hell would you know if the interior was removed, or if there even was an interior?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

OK, found it:

0_0.jpg

Weird thing is, none of the houses on this row have any trash outside them. Yet the consoles can handle it, here's pic of similar from the same area, including overgrown grass in an abandoned patch:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Basically, they cleaned the area up and moved the other things to different areas, nothing to do with limits! Sadly i doubt this will stop the WOW CONSILES SUX posts and other mis-information when that screenshot is always brought up.

• pilscy likes this

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

That guy who eats pizza at flea markets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

OK, found it:

0_0.jpg

Weird thing is, none of the houses on this row have any trash outside them. Yet the consoles can handle it, here's pic of similar from the same area, including overgrown grass in an abandoned patch:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Basically, they cleaned the area up and moved the other things to different areas, nothing to do with limits! Sadly i doubt this will stop the WOW CONSILES SUX posts and other mis-information when that screenshot is always brought up.

Give me the location

• fac316 likes this

xreppiz
  • xreppiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:38 PM Edited by xreppiz, 10 October 2013 - 11:39 PM.

the different is only the palm tree,

trailer has, actual game doesn't have

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

The first trailer is the GTA V I wanted to play. Oh, well, there's always the PC version. :^:

This right here so much. Rockstar needs to stop giving everyone false hope. Leave the good screens/trailers to the PC version. 

I cannot stand the retardness of this comment. As most people know, a development process is a development process, some things go, some change etc. etc. And I very clearly remember when Rockstar when it was asked by an interviewer, that they don't want to give away too much info/screens whatever in the beginning(talking the first articles after the 1st trailer of the game), because a lot of things will change, everyone was crying and bitching about Rockstar withholding info, and know they cry because instead of 3 palms there is 1, instead of house for sale sign, with garbage bins outside etc, and now it's just a house which doesn't have the for sale sign and bins outside. I mean come on, how stupid must you be, maybe someone who hasn't done any creative work in their lives, to not understand that, in art and other forms of creative processes, may it be songs, films, paintings, music whatever, there are things you change, replace, delete, add, etc. etc. But no, them stupid c*nts, I'm really annoyed actually :D, come around and start whinging, NOT because they care that there are fewer trees or whatever, but just because they can, or/and are annoyed at Rockstar for online, or some other things, that didn't meet they stupid expectations. To all of you f*ck YOU! Thanks for your time.

• Red XIII and _Klebitz_ like this

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

Another thread where people bitch about things removed, hey, look at the first screenshot, the beach hut, yeah the surboard is gone, but look at the ground, they added grass coming up from the stumps. Things change, some for technical, others for just, hey, let's change it, like the signs in the above screenshot.

Hey, don't be a jackass.

They're comparing screenshots from then and now, and stating the differences.

• Smaher. likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

OK, found it:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Give me the location

West Mirror Drive, south of the race track:

tk8p.jpg

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

Another thread where people bitch about things removed, hey, look at the first screenshot, the beach hut, yeah the surboard is gone, but look at the ground, they added grass coming up from the stumps. Things change, some for technical, others for just, hey, let's change it, like the signs in the above screenshot.

Hey, don't be a jackass.

But people never state the positive differences, just bitch about what's changed or removed. Which then results in blah blah consoles, blah blah PC, etc.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:54 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 10 October 2013 - 11:58 PM.

Hey, don't be a jackass.

But people never state the positive differences, just bitch about what's changed or removed. Which then results in blah blah consoles, blah blah PC, etc.

RaduG, after all has been.

• Smaher. likes this

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

How did you capture this one in the air? Did you use a helicopter?

yep, I did
Nice! How hard is it to maintain the helicopter steady while taking the picture? I want to compare some aerial shots too. Great comparison, I hope you and others are going to make more so this thread doesn't die.

I feel disappointed because i thought the game would look like the first trailer.
Actually better because it took 2 years until release!
But yeah, PC version we are waiting.

It looks like the first trailer in some cases.

RDaOQMY.jpg

If you have access to the blimp, it's much better for taking photos.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:04 AM Edited by Chukkles, 11 October 2013 - 12:08 AM.

[quote name="Deadly Target" post="1063675718" timestamp="1381342631"][quote name="C_G_R" post="1063658976" timestamp="1381254837"]
tYMCXYJ.jpg sLvdXYM.jpg[/quote]I had a feeling that scene looked too good to be true, but I never thought they were going to completely obliterate every detail. Either Rockstar highly overestimated the consoles' limitations, or they intentionally mislead us about the graphics.[/quote]  

At least the bicycle is still there.

31kIQwr.jpg[/quote]
These user taken images are different.
Am I missing something.
The hose reel and the bird bath

Difference between 360 and Ps3 perhaps?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

It's dynamics, the game does it for Trash and other various objects, look at my screenshots, he hose is placed elsewhere in the garden.

TimeLordDoctor
  • TimeLordDoctor

You are pulling down heaven and raising up a whore!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

This is the best one right here, and really shows what R* has been doing.

6DEmL2N.jpg

B1T8
  • B1T8

(8 BIT)

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:46 AM Edited by B1T8, 11 October 2013 - 12:47 AM.

Wow, didn't expect to see such interest on this topic, THANKS GUYS!

In celebration of this (this is my first topic so im obviously a noob)

Here's 2 new comparisons

(Again, sorry for the aspect ratio of the screens, I will be getting a flatscreen shortly so hopefully the aspect ratio would be fixed)

mDLv1wy.jpg

6HE7Q3Y.jpg

oRDRet0.jpg

F13dbio.jpg

wow. so has anyone seen this amount of peds in the first screen at the vespucci screen

• Wavesittich likes this

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

Take screens of the "bullshots" not the trailers, those are the most interesting to be compared, textures, effects and details can't be photoshoped as many people claim.

• BlackScout likes this

tdavies457
  • tdavies457

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

I think it's safe to say that these screenshots and the trailers are from the PC/Next Gen version of the game, there is no way those were rendered on current-gen consoles, which has me really excited for the PC release.

but they WERE rendered on current gen consoles, you're whining about a couple of trees or some bins missing...you guys have just lost the ability to be rational (assuming you ever had it in the 1st place)

tdavies457
  • tdavies457

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

I hate when companies intentionally make the trailer look 5X better than the final product. 

Just comparing the trailers to the final game makes me sick.

wtf are you moaning about? have you actually played the game yourself yet? the original trailer doesn't look 5x better now does it...as far as i can see we're missing a few trees, that's it

RedAngelYardKing
  • RedAngelYardKing

Mangano

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

My goal is to visit every place seen in the trailers. But I have never heard the words Michael are using in the first trailer. Removed? Or have anyone else heard it?

the words are just for the trailer homie

Just like Niko's words in GTA IV's first trailer.

Wrong. Niko's words in GTA IV's first trailer were not just for the trailer. They were in a cutscene.

tdavies457
  • tdavies457

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

I do like how one picture has a hose outside in the yard and the other doesn't... NPC's may do there own thing, and is there a trash day on GTA that we/I I don't know about? lol that could explain the trash being out.

If you look at it that way, there aren't many differences. The hose is rolled up, the grass has been trimmed, it isn't trash day, and the house isn't for sale no more.

There are PLENTY of differences.

point them out to us then

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Life's a game...don't take it so seriously

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

The game looks the same as the first trailer to me, the only ones complaining are typical PC gamers.

• Android likes this

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

The first trailer is the GTA V I wanted to play. Oh, well, there's always the PC version. :^:

This right here so much. Rockstar needs to stop giving everyone false hope. Leave the good screens/trailers to the PC version. 

I cannot stand the retardness of this comment. As most people know, a development process is a development process, some things go, some change etc. etc. And I very clearly remember when Rockstar when it was asked by an interviewer, that they don't want to give away too much info/screens whatever in the beginning(talking the first articles after the 1st trailer of the game), because a lot of things will change, everyone was crying and bitching about Rockstar withholding info, and know they cry because instead of 3 palms there is 1, instead of house for sale sign, with garbage bins outside etc, and now it's just a house which doesn't have the for sale sign and bins outside. I mean come on, how stupid must you be, maybe someone who hasn't done any creative work in their lives, to not understand that, in art and other forms of creative processes, may it be songs, films, paintings, music whatever, there are things you change, replace, delete, add, etc. etc. But no, them stupid c*nts, I'm really annoyed actually :D, come around and start whinging, NOT because they care that there are fewer trees or whatever, but just because they can, or/and are annoyed at Rockstar for online, or some other things, that didn't meet they stupid expectations. To all of you f*ck YOU! Thanks for your time.

This is the first post I have ever liked, and I don't give likes out easy. That is exactly what I wanted to say but couldn't find the right words. kudos!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users