Photo

GTA V Then and Now

1,752 replies to this topic
CrzChris4
  • CrzChris4

The Lost MC

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

My goal is to visit every place seen in the trailers. But I have never heard the words Michael are using in the first trailer. Removed? Or have anyone else heard it?

the words are just for the trailer homie

Just like Niko's words in GTA IV's first trailer.

Actually Niko's dialogue is heard during one of Faustin's missions when Niko is talking to his wife.

• UltraGizmo64 and Jeremiah239 like this

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Another one made by me.

r1Ticz5.jpg

Nice. Had to do a double take to realize which was which.

This topic is the reason I visit this place & almost makes up for the trolls.

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

On from my previous point, things like dynamic NPC's (they told us that NPC's would go about their day, though from what I've seen they are the same as in GTA IV) and all the little details + more interiors are probably being saved for the next-gen and PC versions, perhaps they had to cut things due to performance issues on consoles (individual pedestrian AI for example, that would surely cause a huge load on the console, and interiors and extra detail would add to those)

So I think we're seeing a watered down version, and the true GTA V from the trailers will come out later.

Needless to say, the current-gen version is fantastic as is.

Holy crap, The activities cycles for peds was in V just as it was in IV. Compare locations during different times of day.

• RyanM1995 likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

I'm going to try visiting every place from every trailer

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

My goal is to visit every place seen in the trailers. But I have never heard the words Michael are using in the first trailer. Removed? Or have anyone else heard it?

Actually Niko's dialogue is heard during one of Faustin's missions when Niko is talking to his wife.

No, it's slightly different. Not the same. Not enough to say he says the same thing.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

What if all the stuff that was removed is included in the PC version, I'm saying this because a console has it's maximum limit of things to load, and for the PC it's a total different ball game.

• GAMIR_GTA and MichaelPayneV like this

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

Thanks. It's sad that this kind of topics are buried after a few days. If you have any requests, feel free to ask. I'm going to make more tomorrow.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Tech Knight

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

Yeah, but the last part "Perhaps here, things will be different" I never heard.

ShaolinMaster
  • ShaolinMaster

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

So do you guys think that the PC version is going to be different than the XBOX360/PS3 version? I mean are they going to add more interiors and details for the PC version, or is it going to be the same as the GTA V for the consoles?

Xx-ADITYA-xX
  • Xx-ADITYA-xX

Blazing Wolves - Crew Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

The first trailer had some VIBE, now the actual game just feels like some Saints Row game, STILL GOOD, but dat VIBE! It's not there...

• Wavesittich likes this

Francis44
  • Francis44

WRC!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

It's going to be the same for the PC version unfortunately. Ofcourse the PC hardware can deal with a lot more objects but knowing R* previous PC ports it will just have a little more detailed textures and smoother framerate, and the latter is a big question mark, because it wouldn't be the first time R* screws the PC port.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:21 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 10 October 2013 - 07:26 PM.

two new comparisons I made. (on my Mt. Chilliad pic it began to rain, sorry!)

NSFbrb0.jpg

3tnBrGo.jpg

Ahaha, wow.

Your shot could have been farther away. Way too close. Most of the trees are out of the shot. But good effort :p

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:24 PM Edited by jamieleng, 10 October 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Thanks. It's sad that this kind of topics are buried after a few days. If you have any requests, feel free to ask. I'm going to make more tomorrow.

I wouldn't mind seeing a side by side shot of the Three Wise Monkeys pose from trailer 2. I actually haven't reached that part in the story yet, so I assume it's still in the game as a cutscene.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing a side by side shot of the Three Wise Monkeys pose from trailer 2. I actually haven't reached that part in the story yet, so I assume it's still in the game as a cutscene.

Yea it is in the game :D

Mine looked funny because it is a shot your brain is fully aware of and instantly picked out.... but my 3 looked different to the trailer (other than Michael)

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

Here you go. It's not captured by me as I don't have a capture card. I use the phone to capture the shots, so there are a lot of limitations.

6DEmL2N.jpg

• TimeLordDoctor likes this

TheGTAone
  • TheGTAone

Piβwasser Founder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

Bump.

And this? :/

gta-5-review-5.jpg

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

@RaduG

I see they brought Franklin forwards, so he's side by side with the other two. Graphics aside, I prefer the framing of the scene in the trailer's version.

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

At least the bicycle is still there.

31kIQwr.jpg

can you explain to me why the house looks so different in this screenshot? different consoles? or different houses?
sLvdXYM.jpg
angle, time of day, weather
Can someone please tell me where that is please? Wanna see for maself quickly.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

At least the bicycle is still there.

31kIQwr.jpg

can you explain to me why the house looks so different in this screenshot? different consoles? or different houses?
sLvdXYM.jpg
angle, time of day, weather
Can someone please tell me where that is please? Wanna see for maself quickly.

Me too. Location on map plz.

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

tYMCXYJ.jpg

sLvdXYM.jpg

Look at this, just look at it! I feels unfinished and dumped

the guy put his house up for sale, then someone bought it and cleaned it up. :monocle:

• Death2Drugs likes this

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

I hate when companies intentionally make the trailer look 5X better than the final product. 

Just comparing the trailers to the final game makes me sick.

• GAMIR_GTA, SilverRST and Wavesittich like this

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

tYMCXYJ.jpg

sLvdXYM.jpg

Look at this, just look at it! I feels unfinished and dumped
the guy put his house up for sale, then someone bought it and cleaned it up. :monocle:
Location Please?

MaxPlaysGTA
  • MaxPlaysGTA

Disabled Gamer

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:08 PM Edited by MaxPlaysGTA, 10 October 2013 - 10:08 PM.

It's going to be the same for the PC version unfortunately. Ofcourse the PC hardware can deal with a lot more objects but knowing R* previous PC ports it will just have a little more detailed textures and smoother framerate, and the latter is a big question mark, because it wouldn't be the first time R* screws the PC port.

I thinks it's funny that the some PC people think just because they're "pc master race" R* is gonna put in more interiors lol.  Just like you said,  it's gonna be the exact game consoles but it will look a little smoother than consoles.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

I really want to join in but I have no way of uploading photos to my computer, I don't have xbox live either.

Anyone want to find these locations and compare them. I don't understand why rockstar cut out all them trees, maybe cause of really bad pop in?

271.jpg

V-8-1280.jpg

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

OMG GUYS LOOK, Trash IS dynamic:

0_0.jpg

Ok, yeah still not as high quality as the first trailer, but these just appeared on the streets up in Vinewood.

• Death2Drugs, GAMIR_GTA and MichaelPayneV like this

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

I thinks it's funny that the some PC people think just because they're "pc master race" R* is gonna put in more interiors lol.  Just like you said,  it's gonna be the exact game consoles but it will look a little smoother than consoles.

I don't think it will be just like that, the PC version doesn't seem to be a port so most likely will get the same treatment that WD is getting from current and Next Gen. Reason why they had to get the current gen out, because after they do those who have a choice won't buy that version. Anyway we'll see, I believe Rockstar learned with the mistakes from the past.

-----------------------------

Anyway, does anyone have a request for a comparison?

Not from trailers, but I'm curious about some of their shots, specially this one, because I saw it in an XBOX360 and there was no light reflection and somehow looked different, but maybe it was the weather or something, but It was night and looked very identical:

http://www.rockstarg...ot/823-1280.jpg

Can you get a screen identical to that one, to show the light reflections in the character face? Also the detail in those hands is different from what I've seen.

This picture is also another that intrigues me, can you take a shot of this scene for comparison?

http://www.rockstarg...ot/864-1280.jpg

I'll have more if you do these and wanna do more, thanks.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

Why are pe

tYMCXYJ.jpg

sLvdXYM.jpg

I had a feeling that scene looked too good to be true, but I never thought they were going to completely obliterate every detail. Either Rockstar highly overestimated the consoles' limitations, or they intentionally mislead us about the graphics.

The house is in a middle class suburban neighborhood. It would kind of look stupid for there to be a bunch of run down track houses to be here when its supposed to be a new suburban neighborhood. The detail is not gone, the area was just restored. The house is painted, grass greener and the interior was removed.

To be honest you've got to be joshing me if you thought the game would look as good as the first trailer. And judging by the second trailer, the trailer that actually showed how the game actually looked, your expectations should've already been shattered.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

If someone points out where that house is I'll go and take a picture now from my game where it appears to be trash day (Thursday).

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

Anyone? I'd like to get this pic done asap, I know it's in Mirror Park but where exactly i don't want to risk the game ticking over into Friday, it's currently evening in my game so I should be able to get a good sunset pic to if I'm quick enough.

doutee7
  • doutee7

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

I'm bookmarking this.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users