Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V Then and Now

1,715 replies to this topic
Tuskin38
  • Tuskin38

Be Yourself is best advice anyone can give.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:49 AM Edited by Andreas, 13 August 2014 - 03:11 PM. Removed IMG tag.

car crashes

http://i61.tinypic.com/dzfq6f.gif

in the trailer cars had more damage and actually bounced realistically. maybe that is the damage we will get for the ps4/xbox one

Or you know, that shot was scripted for the trailer.

Not everything you see in video game trailers is done in game, some times things are scripted for dramatic effect or promotional purposes.
  • TrustedInstaller and Lowi like this

GtaV Is Coming To Pc
  • GtaV Is Coming To Pc

The Game Is Out

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:06 AM Edited by Andreas, 13 August 2014 - 03:12 PM. Removed IMG tag.

car crashes

in the trailer cars had more damage and actually bounced realistically. maybe that is the damage we will get for the ps4/xbox one

Not everything you see in video game trailers is done in game, some times things are scripted for dramatic effect or promotional purposes.

Yep, pretty much everything was scripted in the first two trailers.

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:06 AM Edited by Andreas, 13 August 2014 - 03:13 PM. Removed IMG tag.

car crashes http://i61.tinypic.com/dzfq6f.gif in the trailer cars had more damage and actually bounced realistically. maybe that is the damage we will get for the ps4/xbox one

Or you know, that shot was scripted for the trailer.Not everything you see in video game trailers is done in game, some times things are scripted for dramatic effect or promotional purposes.

Almost everything was either scripted for the trailers or bullshotted for the screenshots.

Its not too far fetched to wish for damage like that on next gen since gta 4 had damage similar to the trailer
  • TheKillerDonuts and theGTAking101 like this

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

GTA IV Help & Support [PC]

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

Why do I feel like the released game looks a bit deserted when compared with the trailers?  :panic:

Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait and see how the PC/NG version will look like when it's released. 

Krysalis
  • Krysalis

Hustler

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:05 PM Edited by Krysalis, 13 August 2014 - 03:14 PM.

And that my fellow console gamers is what happens when you worship ancient hardware. 

• Lucario 2.0 likes this

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:39 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 13 August 2014 - 03:40 PM.

Hafl of the trees are cut, quarter of them is replanted and the rest is in the same place.
It looks like originally there were more trees, but not as much as it is on rockstar promotional screenshots.
IMO

Spoiler

Spoiler

This comparison is brilliant, its clear that the promotional shot was from CG, no way in hell that was taken from a LG console not even a developer kit, that screams DX11 all over, the filters, the textures, the effects and on top of that those clouds look volumetric and the trees aren't copy past models some of them are different from the others and that level of AA...

So yeah R* didn't change the game they had, they promoted another version and didn't actually had all that work to later remove them for artistic impressions.
  • Choco Taco, IceAidem and Voggs like this

Voggs
  • Voggs

Elevator's not worthy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

^^^

tumblr_n9j68ayPHK1t2nn6zo2_250.gif

I wish that turns out to be true... I want the game they hyped me with.

v17
  • v17

Contractor

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:54 PM

I love these comparisons, nostalgia of "waiting" lol. This screen shows me how badly R* was affected by the limitations of the current generation hardware. The first trailer easily had the best graphics, and more life in LS (based on this screenshot below), Look at the part in the trailer with the plan and then see how its executed in the game. This happens to every GTA game though, SA was sposed to have a sh*tLOAD more interiors then it had, and hot coffee o course, VC was sposed to have the Everglades. Its not that R* didn't want to put that in the game they just worked the best w/ what they had available.

tYMCXYJ.jpg

sLvdXYM.jpg

Look at this, just look at it! I feels unfinished and dumped

I'm just going to leave this here...

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

Can't wait for the PC/NG version where 2405 WILL BE EXACTLY THE SAME and laugh at how all of you are going to cry and scream at Rockstar like babies for it not looking exactly like Trailer 1 and then bring up "but but, console limitations, that's why it changed, not even PS4 and Xbox One can handle the holy land greatness of 2405".

Seriously that ONE f*ckING HOUSE has caused so many arguments on here it's beyond insane. Mirror Park is a nice area in the game, in Trailer 1 it looks like a sh*t hole.
  • Fuzzknuckles, TheAdmiester, Kalvin and 2 others like this

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

Max Payne Express™

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Champion Guinea Pig [GTAFMC]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:06 PM Edited by Kalvin, 13 August 2014 - 06:07 PM.

kA13H.jpg
Grass positioning + shape obvs changed because console limitations.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:07 PM Edited by Xerukal, 13 August 2014 - 06:11 PM.

It'll look even better than the first trailer, once that hideous texture in front of the front lawn gets fixed up. The only problem with 2405 itself is that the green looks lifeless as sh*t. The tessellation and better lighting of the new versions will help it tremendously, without the need for garbage bins/bags and the other little touches that were there BEFORE the house got purchased/cleaned up.

We've already seen what the tessellation can do to vegetation. It makes it more... fat? Dense? I don't know. But it looks a lot better and much less dry/paper-like. 

It will still look good, but not lived in or "poor" in condition.

• TrustedInstaller likes this

TrustedInstaller
  • TrustedInstaller

whoopy-dee-doo-hypocrite

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:24 PM

The 2405 discussion is a kinda polemic topic, I think it's pretty much pointless.
Let's just wait the game to come out, so the first thing we do is head towards this house and take a screenshot and post here...

As Zelnick said, it'll surpass our expectations, well if we base our expectations in the first trailer it'll look better ofc...

iCynical1018
  • iCynical1018

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:05 AM

Can't wait for the PC/NG version where 2405 WILL BE EXACTLY THE SAME and laugh at how all of you are going to cry and scream at Rockstar like babies for it not looking exactly like Trailer 1 and then bring up "but but, console limitations, that's why it changed, not even PS4 and Xbox One can handle the holy land greatness of 2405".

Seriously that ONE f*ckING HOUSE has caused so many arguments on here it's beyond insane. Mirror Park is a nice area in the game, in Trailer 1 it looks like a sh*t hole.

Your ignorance is killing me

• theGTAking101 likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:47 AM

See you when the game is out on PC/PS4/XO then and where 2405 will look nearly the same just slightly better due to bump maps, etc Mr "Joined: 4 weeks ago", I'm sure you know all of the long term discussion and conflict that house has caused on here, unless you're a banned account under a different name.
  • TheKillerDonuts likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

I just noticed how the textures look in that screenshot of the trailer. They look pretty low res to me.

If trailer 1 was recorded on PC, then surely it wasn't on max settings? The trailer came out in 2011. I don't think they would've started work on the PS4 version by then. I mean...is there a possibility that trailer 1 was recorded on the PS4 and the promotional screenshots on PC?

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

See you when the game is out on PC/PS4/XO then and where 2405 will look nearly the same just slightly better due to bump maps, etc Mr "Joined: 4 weeks ago", I'm sure you know all of the long term discussion and conflict that house has caused on here, unless you're a banned account under a different name.
I think you should step away from gta forums and gta 5 as you seem to be a bit stressed and angered. Get a breather outside then come back.

GtaV Is Coming To Pc
  • GtaV Is Coming To Pc

The Game Is Out

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:16 PM Edited by GtaV Is Coming To Pc, 14 August 2014 - 06:21 PM.

The only reason people were freaking out was because of how it looked so much worse, and the first trailer had more details that were most likely on the PC version. Now that we know it is coming to PC, it's obvious that the game that they were showing us wasn't on LG. I bet you 100 percent that the house will look much better on ultra settings on PC.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:33 AM

I just noticed how the textures look in that screenshot of the trailer. They look pretty low res to me.

If trailer 1 was recorded on PC, then surely it wasn't on max settings? The trailer came out in 2011. I don't think they would've started work on the PS4 version by then. I mean...is there a possibility that trailer 1 was recorded on the PS4 and the promotional screenshots on PC?

More likely that they used the PC version but lowered the settings like textures quality, shaders, distant details, reflections, projected shadows, shadows quality and game resolution, those were possible to tweak in GTA IV. You could make the PC version look like the consoles version.

Although tweaking these settings any extra assets won't be removed like the trees, vegetation a light quality.

I don't believe that the house we so much talk about will be simple as in the LG, there is no reason for that and in the 1st trailer it seems that there were huge trees close by projecting shadows over it and the model was a lot more complex, so I don't believe that they had all that work which looked so great and decided to replace it by an empty house made of card box in a bald terrain. And the same applies to all the removed trees, it makes no sense.

• daltontigerboy likes this

Snorlax
  • Snorlax

Thug

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

It was probably from an early build which used lower quality, place holder assets.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

car crashes

Checked that in my game on Xbox 360 - bumped my khamelion into the ruiner and it bounced in the same way as in the trailer. I was pretty happy.

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

Obviously if gta v has everything on pc release that has been cut from the consoles. It's going to be a new game. Charge 200 dolla for it. cmoooooooonnnnnn.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:23 PM

Not a new game, just the game they planned since the beginning but they had to reduce for resource reasons.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:29 PM

in the trailer cars had more damage

dzfq6f.gif

I was driving an Oracle II the other day and got smacked by a pickup truck going 45 m/h. Needless the say, the car would've been totaled in real life and that was just going by the visual damage. So I don't know what the f*ck you're talking about.

CallumL
  • CallumL

I love you, but you're an asshole.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

Obviously the trailer ones look better, that's the whole point of trying to sell. I wouldn't say there is a big difference though.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

KwADpYx.jpg

There are also interesting things in the Beta Hunt thread to compare the game with how it was before and how it is now. That's from a TV ad, generally early footage, look at that vegetation. Next-gen much? ;)

Props to henry_™http://gtaforums.com...t/?p=1066114791

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:15 PM

KwADpYx.jpg

There are also interesting things in the Beta Hunt thread to compare the game with how it was before and how it is now. That's from a TV ad, generally early footage, look at that vegetation. Next-gen much? ;)

Props to henry_™http://gtaforums.com...t/?p=1066114791

LEL

PC much I would say ;)

TrustedInstaller
  • TrustedInstaller

whoopy-dee-doo-hypocrite

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:43 PM

This looks so blurry, I can't even tell if it's textures or detailed vegetation...

polaris23
  • polaris23

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

Doesn't look like vegetation to me.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:21 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 02 September 2014 - 09:22 PM.

Yeah it's a little too blurry to say. I'm trying to think what road that is in game. Is that towards the Southeast near the Dam / Power Plant?

Is there a video of that ad?

deathion
  • deathion

The_Spaniard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:51 PM

Yeah it's a little too blurry to say. I'm trying to think what road that is in game. Is that towards the Southeast near the Dam / Power Plant?

Is there a video of that ad?

its around about here

gtav_map_roadmap_huge.jpg

• NYC PATROL likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users