Photo

GTA V Then and Now

1,099 replies to this topic
vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

I'm sorry but anyone who thought the final version would look like the first trailer is very naïve, considering GTAV was only a year into development when the first trailer came out. Games change throughout development, and its your own fault for assuming graphics get better the further they get into development.

you are right.

But most of the people tried to kill all the others who said that most of the screens were "bullshots"

tdavies457
  • tdavies457

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

The first trailer is the GTA V I wanted to play. Oh, well, there's always the PC version. :^:

it looks almost exactly the same...what are you seeing that i'm not seeing?

tdavies457
  • tdavies457

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

At least the bicycle is still there.

31kIQwr.jpg

can you explain to me why the house looks so different in this screenshot? different consoles? or different houses?

sLvdXYM.jpg

angle, time of day, weather

• MichaelPayneV likes this

Faltskogian
  • Faltskogian

Apoccy R.I.P.

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

Referring to the "House For Sale" it could have been sold between the time of the trailer and the game's release.

I'll get me coat...  :sarcasm:

• lol232, theGTAking101, Jeremiah239 and 3 others like this

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

can you explain to me why the house looks so different in this screenshot? different consoles? or different houses?

What's so different? It's the same house. Do you mean that in that picture there are things missing?

bensons
  • bensons

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

They did the same thing with san andreas and gta 4 so I always knew it wouldn't look the same as they show it. As they say, you can't bullsheet a bullsheetter!

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:12 PM Edited by RaduG, 10 October 2013 - 02:14 PM.

My version of the "GTA IV with palm trees" screenshot. I'm glad this thread didn't die while I was asleep.

o8a2any.jpg

tdavies457
  • tdavies457

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

They did the same thing with san andreas and gta 4 so I always knew it wouldn't look the same as they show it. As they say, you can't bullsheet a bullsheetter!

but it DOES look the same as they presented it, wanna give some examples of what looks so different to you?

Detained
  • Detained

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

This is the pc build the consoles got the dumbed down edition.

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

but it DOES look the same as they presented it, wanna give some examples of what looks so different to you?

It looks different. Look at my comparison. There is no 3D grass, the window is not open, there is no trash, etc. Overall is not that different.

But that's the way development works (at least on consoles). As they add more things, they need to remove others to maintain the performance.

You can see in the trailer screenshot that even the background is different as the map wasn't finished.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

My version of the "GTA IV with palm trees" screenshot. I'm glad this thread didn't die while I was asleep.

o8a2any.jpg

Thats a hard screen to take (as you could see my attempt in the first page)

Because there is a freaking wall in the way!

Nice shot though :D

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Thats a hard screen to take (as you could see my attempt in the first page)

Because there is a freaking wall in the way!

Nice shot though :D

Yeah, that's why it isn't as accurate as the other ones I made. Thanks.

tdavies457
  • tdavies457

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

It looks different. Look at my comparison. There is no 3D grass, the window is not open, there is no trash, etc. Overall is not that different.

But that's the way development works (at least on consoles). As they add more things, they need to remove others to maintain the performance.

You can see in the trailer screenshot that even the background is different as the map wasn't finished.

we're nitpicking aren't we...the game looks damn fine as it is

• JRock462 likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

Why are people so negative, what about the POSITIVE changes, i don't see anyone talking about them.

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by RaduG, 10 October 2013 - 03:06 PM.

we're nitpicking aren't we...the game looks damn fine as it is

Hey, I'm not nitpicking. I like the game as it is. I'm just pointing the differences others complain about.

You can see other comparisons of mine in which the game looks the same if not better than trailer one.

Why are people so negative, what about the POSITIVE changes, i don't see anyone talking about them.

This is a good example. I remember when this screenshot was released. So many people complained about those hedges... :lol:

77fVxqd.jpg

B1GB0SS
  • B1GB0SS

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

If there is anyone who thinks that there is a big difference in the trailer and gameplay of THIS game, check out the first trailer for Saints Row the Third and compare it to the gameplay.

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

I feel as if Gta 5 was going to be similar to Gta 4 so they focused heavily on detail. But later on they added a lot more stuff so they had to remove certain details to make more space for the other things.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

What's so different? It's the same house. Do you mean that in that picture there are things missing?

well yeah, the "things" missing are called details. In Trailer 1 there were trashcans and what not. Small details but lots of em that made it feel vibrant and alive. The second shot was several details missing but still ok - but the 3rd I posted looks dull.

Anyway: The game still looks great - for an old hardware. But I hate it that R* is advertising with bullshots and if someone said "it will never look like that" they always said that what they show is footage from the PS3 - I guess they have a PS3 with alien technology or something. 

EscobarVice
  • EscobarVice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

SfWlMWF.jpg

Where is that? Is it in the hills?

I think it's Mirror Park, in East Vinewood.

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:55 PM Edited by RaduG, 10 October 2013 - 03:56 PM.

well yeah, the "things" missing are called details. In Trailer 1 there were trashcans and what not. Small details but lots of em that made it feel vibrant and alive. The second shot was several details missing but still ok - but the 3rd I posted looks dull.

Anyway: The game still looks great - for an old hardware. But I hate it that R* is advertising with bullshots and if someone said "it will never look like that" they always said that what they show is footage from the PS3 - I guess they have a PS3 with alien technology or something. 

I know what you mean. But in the first trailer the game wasn't finished. As they added more things, they needed to remove some of the details.

Those kind of details are present in Franklin's hood for example.

Anyway, does anyone have a request for a comparison?

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

tYMCXYJ.jpg

sLvdXYM.jpg

I had a feeling that scene looked too good to be true, but I never thought they were going to completely obliterate every detail. Either Rockstar highly overestimated the consoles' limitations, or they intentionally mislead us about the graphics.

They mislead us. Obviously. But also they love taking stuff away from us. Especially detail that had no reason to be removed. Such as that, they could have easily kept every detail there.

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

5fLKcUS.jpg

• Wayne Kerr and pilscy like this

GodWaffle
  • GodWaffle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

I think it's safe to say that these screenshots and the trailers are from the PC/Next Gen version of the game, there is no way those were rendered on current-gen consoles, which has me really excited for the PC release.

• lol232 and MichaelPayneV like this

GodWaffle
  • GodWaffle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

On from my previous point, things like dynamic NPC's (they told us that NPC's would go about their day, though from what I've seen they are the same as in GTA IV) and all the little details + more interiors are probably being saved for the next-gen and PC versions, perhaps they had to cut things due to performance issues on consoles (individual pedestrian AI for example, that would surely cause a huge load on the console, and interiors and extra detail would add to those)

So I think we're seeing a watered down version, and the true GTA V from the trailers will come out later.

Needless to say, the current-gen version is fantastic as is.

Konstelation
  • Konstelation

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

1cSx1fL.jpg

At least the bicycle is still there.

31kIQwr.jpg

I do like how one picture has a hose outside in the yard and the other doesn't... NPC's may do there own thing, and is there a trash day on GTA that we/I I don't know about? lol that could explain the trash being out.

• pilscy and JRock462 like this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

My goal is to visit every place seen in the trailers. But I have never heard the words Michael are using in the first trailer. Removed? Or have anyone else heard it?

Michael's "why did I move here?" line was most likely just produced for the first trailer, hence his different tone of voice.

RaduG
  • RaduG

Is it fall yet?

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

I do like how one picture has a hose outside in the yard and the other doesn't... NPC's may do there own thing, and is there a trash day on GTA that we/I I don't know about? lol that could explain the trash being out.

If you look at it that way, there aren't many differences. The hose is rolled up, the grass has been trimmed, it isn't trash day, and the house isn't for sale no more.

• BlackScout likes this

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

My goal is to visit every place seen in the trailers. But I have never heard the words Michael are using in the first trailer. Removed? Or have anyone else heard it?

the words are just for the trailer homie

Just like Niko's words in GTA IV's first trailer.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

If you look at it that way, there aren't many differences. The hose is rolled up, the grass has been trimmed, it isn't trash day, and the house isn't for sale no more.

There are PLENTY of differences.

fac316
  • fac316

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

I love these comparisons, nostalgia of "waiting" lol. This screen shows me how badly R* was affected by the limitations of the current generation hardware. The first trailer easily had the best graphics, and more life in LS (based on this screenshot below), Look at the part in the trailer with the plan and then see how its executed in the game. This happens to every GTA game though, SA was sposed to have a sh*tLOAD more interiors then it had, and hot coffee o course, VC was sposed to have the Everglades. Its not that R* didn't want to put that in the game they just worked the best w/ what they had available.

tYMCXYJ.jpg

sLvdXYM.jpg

Look at this, just look at it! I feels unfinished and dumped

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users