Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:50 PM Edited by Ash_735, 19 January 2014 - 04:54 PM.

which is exactly why i hate console fags, They're happy with an inferior game.

*sigh* And this is why I hate CERTAIN types of PC Gamers, they always play that oh so superior card and HAVE to bash console gamers.

While I think anyone who uses fag as an insult is an idiot, I think he sort of makes a point. I've looked through this thread and noticed that you kept calling the optimizations "stylistic choices." Changing the color and textures of the 2405 house was a stylistic choice not removing the overgrown flora and trash. The comparison someone posted showing that very house with a plant vase, broken bicycle, and hose reel in one picture and one without those things just show the game was optimized differently for each console.

You can look at an optimization negatively or positively but it's still an optimization.

Because they're dynamics, the damn hose reel changes position in the garden. Trash cans are dynamics and appear on certain days EXCEPT that street for some reason, the for sale signs appear in the next neighborhood over, hell I even posted a picture from my game that showed a house in the next area WITH Trash outside the front AND the For Sale sign.

THAT'S why I hate the 2405 picture, PC Gamers THINK Trailer 1 is going to be the PC version, when it's not, it was changed to look cleaned up, that has become a high class area in the game, the other stuff like Trash, For Sale Signs, Overgrown grass, etc, appear elsewhere in the game.

And the annoying thing is, there's no real way to prove it, as when the PC version arrives and 2405 is still looking the same, then some guys will just bitch "OHLOLOLO ANOTHER sh*tTY CONSOLE PORT FROM COCKSTAR!!!".

If you look at most other screenshots, there arn't huge changes outside of tree's being removed and different shadow techniques. It's JUST THAT ONE DAMN AREA, that keeps getting brought up as bait for PC Gamers to try and gloat over Console Gamers and bitch at them for "ruining" the game, etc, or some bullsh*t like that.

Funny thing is, since this thread, I've actually had time to look through the games files, a f*ck load of stuff was planned, cut, changed, etc, so it just falls in line with whatever the hell Rockstar thinks best at the time.

edit: And just for the proof, here's the pics I posted in the thread...

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• Spider-Vice, jamieleng, Officer Ronson and 7 others like this

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:48 PM Edited by boxmonster, 19 January 2014 - 05:48 PM.

@ Ash_335:

I don't know why you keep saying that trash cans in other places of the city are proof that the game will still run smoothly had other trash cans not been removed. It makes no sense. Maybe Rockstar had strict criteria as to how well the game should run and removed those few cans. You can see in other shots a lot of extra trash was removed, but according to you the trash that wasn't removed makes up for it? What? No it doesn't, it is the remaining trash that wasn't removed, it isn't anything more.

You may like cleaner streets, other people may feel cheated that trash isn't there but it is an optimization. It isn't more as you make it out to be, it is less. You may like less but it is still less. It doesn't really change how great the game but most of these objects are interactive and may affect gameplay. someone will like the extra thing because they can use it for cover, someone else may prefer it not to be there so they wont crash their car but the thing is something was originally supposed to be there. It all comes down to personal preference really but it bothers me that you say it was all done for style.

Also those are lower middle class houses, I have seen much worse than what Rockstar originally had in my neighborhood.

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

While I think anyone who uses fag as an insult is an idiot, I think he sort of makes a point. I've looked through this thread and noticed that you kept calling the optimizations "stylistic choices." Changing the color and textures of the 2405 house was a stylistic choice not removing the overgrown flora and trash. The comparison someone posted showing that very house with a plant vase, broken bicycle, and hose reel in one picture and one without those things just show the game was optimized differently for each console.

You can look at an optimization negatively or positively but it's still an optimization.

This comparison is made by me in the singleplayer. I think the other one was made in GTA Online and that's why there are less props.

31kIQwr.jpg

sLvdXYM.jpg

Because they're dynamics, the damn hose reel changes position in the garden. Trash cans are dynamics and appear on certain days EXCEPT that street for some reason, the for sale signs appear in the next neighborhood over, hell I even posted a picture from my game that showed a house in the next area WITH Trash outside the front AND the For Sale sign.

THAT'S why I hate the 2405 picture, PC Gamers THINK Trailer 1 is going to be the PC version, when it's not, it was changed to look cleaned up, that has become a high class area in the game, the other stuff like Trash, For Sale Signs, Overgrown grass, etc, appear elsewhere in the game.

Those who didn't play the game shouldn't bash the game based on some screenshots. I played the game and I can confirm that you can find those kind of props in more important areas. Is the removal of those props a result of optimization or a stylistic choice? I don't know! It could be either. Only Rockstar knows that. Either way, Trailer 1 was more like a teaser for the game. The game was in an early stage when the trailer was captured so of course there are changes in the final version. I am sure certain things were removed as a result of optimization, but that doesn't mean that house is going to look in the PC version just like in the Trailer 1.

As a PC gamer, I hope the PC version is going to have more props, better vegetation, etc., but that is up to Rockstar. I am just going to wait and see when the game arrives on PC instead of bashing the console version and insulting the console owners in the meantime.

• boxmonster, stjimmy3 and Sting4S like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

To be honest, the trailer 1 "for sale" house looked like sh*t from a purely aesthetic viewpoint, rofl. I like the clean look because it fits that neighbourhood. They could've put different kinds of detail, though. The flat grass just kind of stands out as weird. 

And hey, even if the PC version isn't blessed with hundreds of more trees and trashcans, we can just do it ourselves. Drown the whole damn map in the things. 

f*ck yeah!

• A.O.D.88 likes this

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

To be honest, the trailer 1 "for sale" house looked like sh*t from a purely aesthetic viewpoint, rofl. I like the clean look because it fits that neighbourhood. They could've put different kinds of detail, though. The flat grass just kind of stands out as weird. 

And hey, even if the PC version isn't blessed with hundreds of more trees and trashcans, we can just do it ourselves. Drown the whole damn map in the things. 

f*ck yeah!

Nice to see another fellow PC gamer being reasonable with the console version. GTA V looks awesome even on consoles. I can only imagine how it would look in full hd with tessellation, 2K textures and 3D grass everywhere. F*ck yeah indeed!

• Irrational, stjimmy3, Bonnano and 2 others like this

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

f*ck yeah!

Nice to see another fellow PC gamer being reasonable with the console version. GTA V looks awesome even on consoles. I can only imagine how it would look in full hd with tessellation, 2K textures and 3D grass everywhere. F*ck yeah indeed!

163.gif

Can't wait.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

Has anyone taken into consideration that at one point in development the 2405 house was a property or a safe house, hence the reason it was more "detailed" than what we got.

Proof? The Protagonists houses are more detailed than others.

Also, that damn open window. 

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:12 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 19 January 2014 - 11:13 PM.

The game is an amazing feat of technology. The tricks they did to make it look like it does on 8-9 year old hardware is spectacular. It looks great on my TV. Think of the promo shots, trailers like a magazine shoot. They try to get the best possible lighting and angles.They also may clean up things in photoshop. Yes, it sucks they do that but they are trying to sell the game.....

.....however the future is exciting. Devs won't have to sacrifice as much due to the roof being raised

from a technological standpoint.(RAM etc.) When GTA 6 is revealed for the first time you can bet from the first day they show a screen or video it will only continue to get better looking until release. 

• stjimmy3 likes this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:58 PM

The game is an amazing feat of technology. The tricks they did to make it look like it does on 8-9 year old hardware is spectacular. It looks great on my TV. Think of the promo shots, trailers like a magazine shoot. They try to get the best possible lighting and angles.They also may clean up things in photoshop. Yes, it sucks they do that but they are trying to sell the game.....

.....however the future is exciting. Devs won't have to sacrifice as much due to the roof being raised
from a technological standpoint.(RAM etc.) When GTA 6 is revealed for the first time you can bet from the first day they show a screen or video it will only continue to get better looking until release. 

I am looking forward to one main boost from all the added RAM from next generation consoles: no more repetitive traffic. God I hate that crap nothing but SUV spawns all over the place. Or if a buffalo spawns even once then all traffic is buffalos and freaking SUV. Major annoyance.

Either way we can be sure to expect some incredible stuff next generation GTA. Even the PC version of V will pale in comparison to the console version of VI.
  • NYC PATROL likes this

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

Fait ce que Voudras

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:02 AM

tYMCXYJ.jpg

sLvdXYM.jpg

Look at this, just look at it! I feels unfinished and dumped

Maybe it was sold before the game came out!

Personally, looking at these, it kinda feels like a lot of the graphics had a much more IV-ish feel and maybe they took a lot of stuff out to combat that. Not saying that's good or bad...

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:23 AM

OFDuGjx.jpg

• Yan22, Wayne Kerr and Mintal like this

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:48 AM

Spoiler

Nice one! I forgot about the viewfinder screenshots.

Tip: You should resize the pics to be the same size because it's easier on the eyes. Like this:

Spoiler

Palomino Creek
  • Palomino Creek

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:49 PM Edited by Palomino Creek, 24 April 2014 - 02:51 PM.

bump

GREAT WORK! :)

could someone make an accurate comparison of the shot of MT. CHILIAD in trailer #1 and the final version? (accurate weather and position)? Would be great!

• THE_TREVALEV likes this

Mintal
  • Mintal

★★★★★★

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

I've already posted it into the GTA-V-beta-thread:

Just did a quick comparison to the hiker scene in trailer #1 and the final look at Mt. Chiliad. They are not 100 % accurate (weather is quite different, angle is quite different):

kwaxmqv7.jpg

Nr. 2:

qsq5i8rr.jpg

I think it's quite disappointing what R* did to that area.

Got a feeling that behind Mt. Chiliad there was a large forest area. It doesnt look like there was a highway in trailer #1. Look at those trees and the vegetation. I think that area was WAY different in the beta version.

They changed the Chiliad area drastically, I also got a feeling that they resized the mountain. The angle/point of view in These comparisons may be different, but it seems to me that in the hiker scene the mountain was way bigger and further away. When I first saw trailer #1 I thought we would be just a small dot on this massive mountain... the reality is way different.

What do you think? :)

• Muhammad Hamdan, MythAlex, TheTruthOnly and 1 other like this

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Remember who you are... :)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:10 PM Edited by ric4rd094, 15 May 2014 - 08:11 PM.

Yes, that could be true.
Many people say that north side of Mount Chiliad feels unfinished, maybe they are true?

I had that feeling too when I saw trailer one - what a huge mountain! And the trees, the detail!
I'm dissapointed now..
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Mintal
  • Mintal

★★★★★★

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

Yeah that's true. The north side looks so unfinished, maybe those hikers from trailer #1 are standing on an area that doesn't exist in the game anymore. I think there was a forest-like area behind those hikers. Just my feeling.

• Mr_Leone and theGTAking101 like this

A.O.D.88
  • A.O.D.88

Brian Jeremy TLAD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

You know what, I really think they should make the 2405 house a purchasable safehouse in the Single-Player dlc. Perfect place for trevor to buy!

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:28 PM Edited by ric4rd094, 15 May 2014 - 08:30 PM.

I think that i beta version all mountains has trees vegetation etc, but R* decided to cut a lot of stuff and it was because console limitations?

I don't know but when all previous GTAs were released, they felt like they were complete and finished.
With this one I have that "strange" feeling to this day and I can't fully enjoy it cause I think of "why isn't it there or what should they done".
Btw I still have my loveling car spawning bug and when they are going to fix this with 1.14 I'm not going to play this game anymore.. For me this is gamebreaking bug.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

It was very disappointing to find out the hiker scene was this - 

0_0.jpg

That trailer shot was so misleading.  They made it seem like it was a remote and isolated area in a forest, not next to a busy highway with a diner and parking lot.

• theGTAking101, _Kindled_, Voggs and 1 other like this

Voggs
  • Voggs

A cheese sandwich would be nice

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:47 PM Edited by Voggens, 15 May 2014 - 08:49 PM.

That's the beta change that pissed me off the most. Even instead of the healthy green tree they put an ugly ass old tree that covers the view a little bit where the hikers are standing...

f-FR355375276500166c88.jpg

(Hikers were standing near where the stones are)

It's surprising that the trunk and the stone are still there though, but this area was a huge disappointment, it looked so alive in the Trailer.

I wish we could learn more of how this area was before, it reappears in Trailer 2 when Trevor is about to jump from the train, but it's blurry and far away, that was the last beta shot they showed of this area.

• theGTAking101 and Mintal like this

Mintal
  • Mintal

★★★★★★

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:05 PM Edited by Mintal, 20 May 2014 - 08:09 PM.

I made another comparison between Trailer-1-Chiliad and the final version. The snapmanic screens were taken exactly at the same place the hikers were standing in trailer #1. Hope the screen is not too large:

hlba9rzl.png

The more I watch this comparison the more I think there wasn't a goddamn highway directly below Chiliad in trailer #1. Perhaps the highway was further behind the hikers, maybe there was a forest area. In my opinion it's a shame what R* did to that place... it was so promising and THE highlight for me in the first trailer. Depressing.

• Choco Taco, Yan22, Bozzah and 1 other like this

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:37 AM

Great work! I hope you keep them coming if you have the time and patience.

Here's mine (Martin Madrazo's house)

WYatsFt.jpg

Nice one!

Especially since that is a very tough angle to get.

Where is this?

You know what, I really think they should make the 2405 house a purchasable safehouse in the Single-Player dlc. Perfect place for trevor to buy!

I think in all, they should allow you to purchase more safe houses in single player. Just my thought. :whistle:

• A.O.D.88 likes this

fac316
  • fac316

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

I really hope, b/c after all the hype of IV and V to end up the way they are, not improvements of SA, unless i mod the hell out of them w/ a PC (been a console gamer my whole life so im kinda scared of the change.

Voggs
  • Voggs

A cheese sandwich would be nice

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:17 AM Edited by Voggens, 22 May 2014 - 01:14 AM.

...Jesus, they cut almost everything here.

f-CassidyCreek_Com537d4f6d00167eaf.png

• Choco Taco, Yan22, Dutch Psycho and 8 others like this

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:46 AM

Sad. I imagine there was was some real lush area(s) at some point, but it looks barren now.

joshyboiibruv
  • joshyboiibruv

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:48 AM

What's the best brightness setting to get game look like the screenshots I own a Sony bravia 32ex401 and what should in game brightness look like?

Mintal
  • Mintal

★★★★★★

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:29 AM

@Voggens: That's depressing..

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

...Jesus, they cut almost everything here.

f-CassidyCreek_Com537d4f6d00167eaf.png

And that's why I have this strange feeling whenever I play V.

It was a different game with all that obstacles, trees and whole cut content :/

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:42 AM

Even GTA 4 had more vegetation and that was in the city :/ 

• theGTAking101 and MythAlex like this

MichaelPayneV
  • MichaelPayneV

Almost Gamer

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

Another one made by me.

r1Ticz5.jpg

The Buttom one looks Better, it actually looks like PC!

77fVxqd.jpg

They Cut a lot of Trees and Number of Props Objects from The Map, that's the Difference, which means that they will be Back on the Next-Gen/PC Versions!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users