» «
Photo

GTA V Then and Now

1,817 replies to this topic
GTA-Bobski
  • GTA-Bobski

Freeroamer

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:18 PM Edited by GTA-Bobski, 22 October 2013 - 10:18 PM.

Great read, thx for the link!  :^:

12Q1hEF.jpg

ts0TIHP.jpg

7RASuak.jpg

shuQXEG.jpg

@ S1LV3R_W0LF

You can't let the character lean on a car or sit down on a bench. The game has all the animations for it but they're only used in cut-scenes. Or when you switch character.
  • Wolfhuman likes this

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:25 PM Edited by HoleInTheSky, 22 October 2013 - 10:25 PM.

Nice topic.

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

And btw, I'm glad pictures are coming, it's lovely to see how damn different the game is and how people keep saying "oh those lights, that brightness.... it's just Photoshop enhancement". Sure it is, keep the pictures coming I'm enjoying this so much now.

Stop with the crap of the "my thread" you weren't the first to start it, you just took their idea and you don't even keep it up, the discussions around here was what kept it alive and interesting, it will be deep into the ruble soon as the others were if you keep this BS comparisons excused with "photoshop".

The irony in you post is astonishing, I would comment about the pictures, but because I won't say "wow the game looks exactly the same, Rockstar is amazing" because my opinion is different I won't board in the blind ass kissers bandwagon.

And before you call me a troll, all I said is on topic and related to it, it just is in a different perspective and around here being different and explaining why means being a troll... well that is all, keep updating the pictures please.

Oh and just another thing, please someone take a picture of the exploding house in Trevor's scene in a moonlight scenario, let's see how it comes in comparison. This is a legit request that I've been waiting too see reproduced since I saw that shot.

Man, I don't know what's wrong with you lately. I understand you are mad at Rockstar because they don't mention anything about the PC version, but you need to chill. You are not helping this thread at all. You (and others) make me want to quit making comparisons. What's the point of making them, so you can use them to prove yourself that the PC version exists?

You insult the people that make comparisons and you expect them to continue fulfilling your requests? If you continue this way you are going to kill this thread.

Like I said, you don't need to prove anything here. Maybe that screenshot with Trevor is from PC, but why do you need to prove that in every thread? Just wait for the PC version.

Only then we'll see if you are right or wrong.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:50 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 22 October 2013 - 11:51 PM.

Ok I'm calm so I'll answer you politely.

I'm not trying to prove it is a PC version, that I know already. What I was trying to do here was to show that in most of the comparisions being made here people say they were enhanced with Photoshop. What I'm doing is explaining that isn't the case and that the game didn't "evolve" from one thing to another. Most of the promotional shots have far away details, something you can achieve by using a PC build using the same console settings but increasing the sliders. You can see it everywhere, the far away renditions, the light projections, the textures, and a lot of effects that some people might not be used too.

What I've been doing here is not proving it is a PC version or that consoles suck, consoles version is amazing and I'd be glad if the PC version of IV was like V is now on consoles. But never before in Rockstar promotional shots there was so many differences from the final product, and the more comparisons I see the more obvious it looks to me. Reason why Ive been asking for these comparisons for long time, nothing but that and I'm doing it in a healthy way, by presenting facts but people don't follow same path and tell me why I'm wrong and show it (this is about showing comparisons right?) and instead they just insult.

Thats the only thing, nothing else, I'm not here to be a d!ck or anything, but look at that picture with Michael do you see the vegetation in the right side of the picture next to the wall? In game once again it's not there. It's not possible to believe that Rockstar had an immersive world with lots of vegetation (urban scenes, mountains, forest...) and in the final build they removed it all, it's hard to believe that.

• PlasmaFLOW and daltontigerboy like this

TheGTAone
  • TheGTAone

Piβwasser Founder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

Continue Pls, i enjoy watching this forum. (except the PC fanboys discussion)...

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:06 AM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 23 October 2013 - 12:07 AM.

Continue Pls, i enjoy watching this forum. (except the PC fanboys discussion)...

Yeah because the blinded console fans without a funded opinion are a lot better.  I thought this was a forum where everything is discussed whatever the consequences and different points of view were taken into account, but I guess I was wrong. This seems to be an extension of Newswire where you're only allowed to lick Rockstar balls and you can't talk the truth.

Or at least thats how the so called "fans" (I'd called them fanatics and extremists not fans) tend to act. Oh and if you think someone with a  different opinion that uses logic and valid argumentation is a fanboy, you'll get a surprise when you meet one. Anyway this is getting repetitive and I'm just wasting my time and my English, it's like talking to a wall, please carry on.

• VIPΣR likes this

cldd
  • cldd

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:17 AM Edited by cldd, 23 October 2013 - 12:18 AM.

Someone already posted this but THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO TAKE SCREENS AT THE RIGHT PLACE AND TIME. 

0_0.jpg

gta-v-screenshot-1.jpg

• TJGM and gtaguy_2723 like this

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

Ok I'm calm so I'll answer you politely.

I'm not trying to prove it is a PC version, that I know already. What I was trying to do here was to show that in most of the comparisions being made here people say they were enhanced with Photoshop. What I'm doing is explaining that isn't the case and that the game didn't "evolve" from one thing to another. Most of the promotional shots have far away details, something you can achieve by using a PC build using the same console settings but increasing the sliders. You can see it everywhere, the far away renditions, the light projections, the textures, and a lot of effects that some people might not be used too.

What I've been doing here is not proving it is a PC version or that consoles suck, consoles version is amazing and I'd be glad if the PC version of IV was like V is now on consoles. But never before in Rockstar promotional shots there was so many differences from the final product, and the more comparisons I see the more obvious it looks to me. Reason why Ive been asking for these comparisons for long time, nothing but that and I'm doing it in a healthy way, by presenting facts but people don't follow same path and tell me why I'm wrong and show it (this is about showing comparisons right?) and instead they just insult.

Thats the only thing, nothing else, I'm not here to be a d!ck or anything, but look at that picture with Michael do you see the vegetation in the right side of the picture next to the wall? In game once again it's not there. It's not possible to believe that Rockstar had an immersive world with lots of vegetation (urban scenes, mountains, forest...) and in the final build they removed it all, it's hard to believe that.

I understand what you say, but you are wasting your time trying to show everyone that Rockstar didn't use the console version for some of the screenshots. Not everyone is familiar with DX11 and what not so they say it's Photoshop. You may be the one who's right, but you are over-analyzing things just like brian. did. He said the palm trees have tessellation in the gameplay trailer and he was wrong. Just like you are wrong now because there is vegetation in that picture.

That being said, let's try to keep this thread alive with more comparisons and less brawls.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:43 AM

Yes you're right there is, but I couldn't spot it ... why is it so dark, makes no sense.

Anyway like I said I'm done with that, I'm just wasting my time so carry on with the pictures. And please if anyone can take that Trevor explosion one, th few I've seen looked so different.

IIOctaneII
  • IIOctaneII

Brother from another mother.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Topic 2015 [The Next DLC Discussion Thread]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

2 More comparisons.

NOTE: I took all these screens based from memory so some of them might be slightly off, I just take them as I see them.

SfWlMWF.jpg

QVn4NqI.jpg

I0mqKHL.jpg

5TJFjU9.png

The problem is that they removed A LOT, and I mean A LOT of trees to reduce the memory. Possible. Have you noticed that a lot of the trees in Blaine County is gone?

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Immortal

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

Yeah, the extremely high amount of trees removed means they either used the PC/NG Build for the promotional pictures(which is oh so probable) or they used a dev version which they later downgraded to what we know today...

DHoff
  • DHoff

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:31 AM Edited by DHoff, 23 October 2013 - 02:24 AM.

DHoff
  • DHoff

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:56 AM Edited by DHoff, 23 October 2013 - 02:24 AM.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:16 AM Edited by Ash_735, 23 October 2013 - 02:22 AM.

Man S1LV3R_W0LF you've ruined this thread. 

edit: And just to clarify on that, it's the overly negative and hatred of your posts, you're quick to point out the negatives, but you always ignore the positive changes, etc, because it doesn't fit in with your argument, we have enough of this sh*t with PC fans coming into other threads and screaming about how terrible consoles are and how they wouldn't dare suffer to play games in 720p, etc, but dude, this thread is good, so if you don't mind, could you leave that sh*t out of here, it's just depressing seeing all the awesome work people are putting into these screenshots for you to just come in here and be all like "LOL CONSOLES FAIL AND HERE'S AN ARTICLE OF MY OPINION WHY!"

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:31 AM

Forums ten years ago never had this much fighting. *shakes head*

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:45 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 23 October 2013 - 02:47 AM.

Decided to re-do the Vinewood hills shot again. I also noticed the snapamatic makes the photos darker even with the filter gone. I was looking at the original photo while playing and the city was just as bright as the real R* photo.

Mine:

5fab8c283362619.jpg 905b72283362620.jpg 

R*'s:

dc64d5283362749.jpg 

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:39 AM

Even as a non-PC gamer - I cannot wait for the PC version lol.

• RyanBurnsRed likes this

GTA-Bobski
  • GTA-Bobski

Freeroamer

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

CQYsCmD.jpg

GTvY71d.jpg
  • no_snacks and TeCNeEk like this

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Tech Knight

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:29 AM Edited by TheTechPoTaToCHIP, 23 October 2013 - 10:40 AM.

Anyway, just moving on. The comparison shots are great. Happy to see such interest in the progression of the games development.

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Classic car fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:48 AM Edited by -=Bert=-, 23 October 2013 - 10:48 AM.

I noticed the in-game images have a green tinge to it compared to the official images.

• BlackScout likes this

cldd
  • cldd

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

I noticed the in-game images have a green tinge to it compared to the official images.

No, people just take pictures at the wrong time and weather. 

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

*pics*

Great comparison!

Just GTA-Bobski's images. It must be his capture card.

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

The draw distance in the promo screens is better and you can see more objects in the distance. Almost forgot to say that the promo screens have way more trees, which adds more density to the game.

GTA-Bobski
  • GTA-Bobski

Freeroamer

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

Just GTA-Bobski's images. It must be his capture card.

Yes, that's true. The colors in my captures are bit to saturated and if I move the slider in the software 1 setting back they're washed out. I bought the thing on ebay for $45 (after watching this review), so I guess I got what I paid for :/

For things like draw distance or foliage the colors don't matter though.

msL2MTc.jpg

AZTlIU9.jpg
  • Deadly Target likes this

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Man S1LV3R_W0LF you've ruined this thread. 

edit: And just to clarify on that, it's the overly negative and hatred of your posts, you're quick to point out the negatives, but you always ignore the positive changes, etc, because it doesn't fit in with your argument, we have enough of this sh*t with PC fans coming into other threads and screaming about how terrible consoles are and how they wouldn't dare suffer to play games in 720p, etc, but dude, this thread is good, so if you don't mind, could you leave that sh*t out of here, it's just depressing seeing all the awesome work people are putting into these screenshots for you to just come in here and be all like "LOL CONSOLES FAIL AND HERE'S AN ARTICLE OF MY OPINION WHY!"

Man... seriously. In case you didn't noticed I'm saying what is diferent from what was shown in the beginning and explaining why most of it couldn't be a development decision, because hardly was like that EVER. I'm not here to be negative and say the game suck, because that would be a lie. So please stop acting like a victim or that others are being mean to you, truth sometimes hurts but you gotta deal with it.

Once again the thread isn't ruined, because what you're doing is wrong. You're claiming the game was changed, when all points for something different. Anyway keep up with the thread I  won't comment again stating the obvious that most people rather ignore, I'm not gonna burst your bubble again.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

And yet you still refuse to acknowledge the positive changes and things that were added and continue to ignore when we point out when you are wrong. You are nothing more than an pc nazi jerk who refuses to accept he might be wrong about something. I'm not a victim, you are the only one here behaving this wayand ruining the thread, even the threaf creator has asked you to tone it down and you still act like a prick, why not f*ck off back to the pc thread whre you can bitch and moan about how we all dont get it and save ua from seeing your name in this thread again?

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Can you get a screen identical to that one, to show the light reflections in the character face? Also the detail in those hands is different from what I've seen.

This picture is also another that intrigues me, can you take a shot of this scene for comparison?

http://www.rockstarg...ot/864-1280.jpg

I'll have more if you do these and wanna do more, thanks.

I don't have a capture card so I can't make comparisons for those. I use the phone to take the shots, so the protagonists can't appear in a photo like that.

Maybe a selfie? You may ask XTREME0235 for a proper comparison.

If you have access to the blimp, it's much better for taking photos.

Thanks for the tip. It may not work in the city as the blimp is humongous, but I think I can use it for countryside comparisons.

Tried to get the best angle I could. I waited for it to reach sunset before I took the picture, when I came back it was a bit too dark but oh well.

As you can see they've moved/added a lot of things since the first trailer.

I'm glad to see you here. I hope you can help us with some comparisons of screenshots including the protagonists as you have a capture card.

Yeah, Rockstar spent all that time developing those amazing assets to just dump them later knowing they will have to remake new ones for consoles? Those first trailers were manipulated by using a PC and it's obvious.

Consoles got the toned down version of those assets.

The PC version may or may not include improved assets. It's up to Rockstar. Look at the Far Cry 3 E3 gameplay video. Although that was the PC version with a higher density vegetation,

the final PC version had the same amount of vegetation as the consoles. As a PC gamer, I hope the PC version will include at least the DX11 features that Max Payne 3 has.

I look forward to the PC version as much as you do, but please don't start a flame war in this thread.

This one is for those concerned about the number of peds.

7QmyTVp.jpg

I just noticed 'Jesus' in the top picture haha.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:44 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 23 October 2013 - 11:38 PM.

And yet you still refuse to acknowledge the positive changes and things that were added and continue to ignore when we point out when you are wrong. You are nothing more than an pc nazi jerk who refuses to accept he might be wrong about something. I'm not a victim, you are the only one here behaving this wayand ruining the thread, even the threaf creator has asked you to tone it down and you still act like a prick, why not f*ck off back to the pc thread whre you can bitch and moan about how we all dont get it and save ua from seeing your name in this thread again?

Nevermind, you're not mentally capable of continuing this argumentation and this will only lead to one possible end and I won't keep feeding you. When you get a mature behavior and a higher level of comprehension, feel free to contact me via PM.

Enjoy your screens and your ignorance.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

Enjoy your screens and your ignorance.

You can't even leave the thread without leaving nasty remarks to console users, for a person who likes to insult peoples maturity and intelligence you really do come off as some one sided spoiled brat because we're not bowing down and joining the Pro-PC Only party.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by Albert Kike, 24 October 2013 - 06:23 PM.

People like Ash_735 ruined this thread. 

/thread.

• RyanBurnsRed and daltontigerboy like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users