GTA V Then and Now

1,034 replies to this topic
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

Why are all of so bothered about graphics on PC? I'm a PC gamer myself and couldn't care less for all those little details, the PC version's graphics will obviously be better than console. Anyways, gameplay over graphics any day, as long as the game is good I'm not complaining. There is no reason to fight over 'moving bushes' and all, it's just silly.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:20 AM Edited by brootalperry, 21 October 2013 - 03:22 AM.

"Or the slider that you use to increase detail for stuff like shadows, water, etc..?" It doesn't increase grass density or object numbers and I doubt it will. 

Just because GTA V will be using DX11 doesn't mean the game will have more objects, DX11 has nothing to do with the objects on the map.

Did I say DX11 will add more stuff to the map?

No. I said it will have HBAO, Tessellation and other DX11 only features. Rockstar will add the "missing" trees and vegetation to the PC version when it is released, and you'll look like an even bigger jackass than you are now.

Edit: I'm done. A console fanboy in denial. Words now don't mean anything, but when the PC version is released then we will see.

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:22 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 21 October 2013 - 03:23 AM.

"Or the slider that you use to increase detail for stuff like shadows, water, etc..?" It doesn't increase grass density or object numbers and I doubt it will. 

Just because GTA V will be using DX11 doesn't mean the game will have more objects, DX11 has nothing to do with the objects on the map.

Did I say DX11 will add more stuff to the map?

No. I said it will have HBAO, Tessellation and other DX11 only features. Rockstar will add the "missing" trees and vegetation to the PC version when it is released, and you'll look like an even bigger jackass than you are now.

No you didn't. But the ONLY thing I ever brought up was the objects on the map, I never said anything about lighting, shadows, etc.. not being better on PC, in fact I said they'd be better.

And R* won't add the missing trees and vegetation.

Do you seriously think they still have those lines where the objects were originally placed in the game? What do you think they have an on and off switch just to disable some trees and leave others? NO! They removed them completely and chances are they won't bother doing it all again.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:24 AM Edited by brootalperry, 21 October 2013 - 03:27 AM.

No you didn't. But the ONLY thing I ever brought up was the objects on the map, I never said anything about lighting, shadows, etc.. and R* won't add the missing trees and vegetation.

Do you seriously think they still have those lines where the objects were originally placed in the game? What do you think they have an on and off switch just to disable some trees and leave others? NO! They removed them completely and chances are they won't bother doing it all again.

So you still believe that those promo shots were from the console version, and Rockstar completely removed ALL those details because of design choice?

Okay. Whatever you say man. 

Edit: Actually you still believe that GTA V on PC will be a straight port from the Xbox 360?

The PC version was developed ALONG SIDE the console versions. That's a fact.

https://googledrive....2MzA/builds.xml This was posted by Albert on page 11. Ctrl+F and search for PC. 

Yes those trees and vegetation will be in the PC version, because those promo shots ARE the PC version.

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:26 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 21 October 2013 - 03:28 AM.

No you didn't. But the ONLY thing I ever brought up was the objects on the map, I never said anything about lighting, shadows, etc.. and R* won't add the missing trees and vegetation.

So you still believe that those promo shots were from the console version, and Rockstar completely removed ALL those details because of design choice?

NO! I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT DESIGN CHOICE! Can't you read?

I pretty much gave my reason why the details were removed and I KNOW the promo shots weren't from the console version.

EDIT: Along with that, you don't seem to have a CLUE what you're talking about. I think its pretty obvious that you don't since you claim the "Detail DISTANCE" slider increases grass density and adds more trees.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:27 AM

Who's to say that R* didn't photoshop all of that in to make it look good? Surely R* has some good photoshop editors who are pro at what they do. It's all marketing, they do this sh*t to make you want to buy the game, but when you buy it, half the sh*t you see in the screens aren't there.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:29 AM

NO! I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT DESIGN CHOICE! Can't you read?

I pretty much gave my reason why the details were removed and I KNOW the promo shots weren't from the console version.

Look at my post above yours. 

Who's to say that R* didn't photoshop all of that in to make it look good? Surely R* has some good photoshop editors who are pro at what they do. It's all marketing, they do this sh*t to make you want to buy the game, but when you buy it, half the sh*t you see in the screens aren't there.

No. There were 2 people in the PC discussion thread that said same thing. There are effects in the promo shots that cannot be done with Photoshop. Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion being one of them.

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

@TensaZangetsu Exactly what I mean. The areas are only detailed for marketing.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:31 AM Edited by brootalperry, 21 October 2013 - 03:32 AM.

@TensaZangetsu Exactly what I mean. The areas are only detailed for marketing.

Ambient Occlusion from Far Cry 3

iO7htycwsYZHH.png

gHSE6I3.jpg

HBAO can clearly be seen on the rocks, the trees, the grass, and the bridge. That can't be done in Photoshop because Ambient Occlusion is rendered in real time. 

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:34 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 21 October 2013 - 03:35 AM.

This guy doesn't seem to understand.. just because screenshots were taken on the PC version, doesn't mean they'll be on the official PC release! It's simply all for marketing. The number of trees and grass will be the same as the console version.

EDIT: I don't think you understand.. I'm talking about the number of objects on the map, not the settings which I stated in my FIRST post that I KNOW THEY'LL BE BETTER ON THE PC VERSION! In fact, I even reminded you that I posted that.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:35 AM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 21 October 2013 - 03:35 AM.

They must have toned the game down a lot because of hardware limitations then. And the screens could have been done on a PC version, they may have made two seperate versions of the game, the console version in which we have now, and the PC version which they used for all of the trailers and screenshots. Only way I can think of it.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

This guy doesn't seem to understand.. just because screenshots were taken on the PC version, doesn't mean they'll be on the official PC release! It's simply all for marketing. The number of trees and grass will be the same as the console version.

No, you don't seem to know what you're talking about. Why would they downgrade the PC version to be like the console version?

Where are you getting this information from? What makes you think the PC version will be like the console version? 

Just because R* gimped out the console version from the promo shots, you think they're going to do the same for PC. 

It makes no sense. Especially when I just posted a link that shows that the PC version was developed with the console version, and won't be a port. 

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

Read my edited post.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:40 AM Edited by brootalperry, 21 October 2013 - 03:43 AM.

Read my edited post.

No, I'm not talking about settings. I'm talking about the details and objects seen in the promo shots, and the now released console version.

Actually I'm done. This is pointless to argue. I will come back to this thread after the PC version is released, and then the real comparisons will start.

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:42 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 21 October 2013 - 03:44 AM.

Read my edited post.

No, I'm not talking about settings. I'm talking about the details and objects seen in the promo shots, and the now released console version.

Let me ask you a question. 

Do you think R* have ALL the coordinates saved for all those trees and other objects that they removed, just so they can add them when the PC version releases? And I'm being serious, if you seriously think that then you overestimate developers.

EDIT: Along with that, do you think that R* still have all those textures and models of trees and other things they removed that they used in the promo screenshots? Because chances are they don't, and they don't have any reason to add them back for the PC version either.

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

In that beach shot the water looks much better in game than it did in the trailers. It is more transparent more reflective and has a variable tide line. And everytime I have been to that beach there are loads of people there.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:46 AM Edited by brootalperry, 21 October 2013 - 03:48 AM.

Read my edited post.

Do you think R* have ALL the coordinates saved for all those trees and other objects that they removed, just so they can add them when the PC version releases? And I'm being serious, if you seriously think that then you overestimate developers.

EDIT: Along with that, do you think that R* still have all those textures and models of trees they removed that they used in the promo screenshots? Because chances are they don't, and they don't have any reason to release them either.

In all seriousness and honesty? I don't know what you're talking about.

What does the console version have to do with the PC version that was developed separately from the ground up from each other?

You are implying (or so it seems that way to me) that the PC version = the console version because the PC version is/will be an Xbox 360 port.

Did you go through the Google Docs link? I'm pretty sure that if Rockstar had the intention of porting the game to PC, then PC wouldn't be mentioned in that build log at all.

So I'm wondering why you think they wouldn't still have all those textures, coordinates and objects seen in the trailers and promo shots.

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:48 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 21 October 2013 - 03:50 AM.

Read my edited post.

EDIT: Along with that, do you think that R* still have all those textures and models of trees they removed that they used in the promo screenshots? Because chances are they don't, and they don't have any reason to release them either.

What does the console version have to do with the PC version that was developed separately from the ground up from each other?

You are implying (or so it seems that way to me) that the PC version = the console version because the PC version is/will be an Xbox 360 port.

Did you go through the Google Docs link? I'm pretty sure that if Rockstar had the intention of porting the gaming to PC, then PC wouldn't be mentioned in that build log at all.

Scrap that.

EDIT: I seriously can't believe that Google Docs link if the game was built entirely separate from the console version. It'd cost way too much money and it'd be a waste of time.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:49 AM Edited by brootalperry, 21 October 2013 - 03:50 AM.

Read my edited post.

Did you go through the Google Docs link? I'm pretty sure that if Rockstar had the intention of porting the gaming to PC, then PC wouldn't be mentioned in that build log at all.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about then I'm not even going to bother arguing with you.

Because you're not making any sense. Why don't you explain yourself why you think those things?

You don't have proof for your claims. I provided it for me twice now. 

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:54 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 21 October 2013 - 03:55 AM.

Read my edited post.

Those trees and other objects are normally placed with coordinates, if they removed them from the game, then they removed their coordinates from the file (normally IPL files but apparently GTA V changed the extension) and I highly doubt R* kept a backup of them just so they can use them on the PC version.

It's pretty obvious that R* wouldn't bother designing a PC version separate from the console version, it'd cost too much money compared to porting the game.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

Read my edited post.

Those trees and other objects are normally placed with coordinates, if they removed them from the game, then they removed their coordinates from the file (normally IPL files but apparently GTA V changed the extension) and I highly doubt R* kept a backup of them just so they can use them on the PC version.

It's pretty obvious that R* wouldn't bother designing a PC version separate from the console version, it'd cost too much money compared to porting the game.

Okay... Now I'm certain that you don't know what you're talking about. You really are in denial, and it's hitting you HARD.

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:01 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 21 October 2013 - 04:02 AM.

Read my edited post.

Okay... Now I'm certain that you don't know what you're talking about. You really are in denial, and it's hitting you HARD.

How am I in denial? It'd take a right idiot to even bother building the same game with different teams for PC and consoles. Porting is the only way they'll do it. You're overestimating, which if that's what you wanna do then you can go ahead and do it.

Also, if I don't know what I'm talking about then how can I be in denial? You clearly have no idea how minor things in game development work.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:05 AM Edited by brootalperry, 21 October 2013 - 04:08 AM.

https://googledrive....2MzA/builds.xml LOOK AT THE BUILD. Ctrl+F and search for PC

sxHlgSc.png

Your argument is so invalid. June 11 2012. PC version has a problem with Cloth crashing.  

How can the PC version have a bug if according to you, it's not in development yet?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

hotB7Tc.png

Yet the PC version will be a port?

Hmm..interesting. Okay. How about more proof for you?

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:10 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 21 October 2013 - 04:12 AM.

You do realise just because it has the words "PC" in the build log doesn't mean they're working on the PC version, right? I also hope you realise they don't always test their games on dev-kit consoles.

EDIT: Along with that, just because it has PC in it STILL doesn't mean that the game isn't being ported. I hope you realise porting a game to PC isn't a copy and paste job.

EDIT2: It also doesn't mean they're developing a COMPLETELY different build for the PC version, which is what you seem to think.

EDIT3: I also forgot to mention, while the build logs look real, what confirmation do you have that they're official?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

I see you're still in denial. The build was taken from the PS3 version of the game. 

T55oMPB.png

DE7vCT2.png

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

You lost. I'm done. Cya.

• Albert Kike likes this

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Dont take anything for granted, it could all be gone soon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

This thread is ruined by PC fanboys. It was a nice idea, but it has lost it's original purpose of just comparing then and now. Why do all the decent topics have to turn into mini wars among the PC "master race"

• Android likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:18 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 21 October 2013 - 04:23 AM.

Ok, it was taken from the PS3 version, well done. But you still seem to think that the game is being developed completely separate from the console version, which no developer would do. Along with that, the PC logs start halfway down the page, which means they took the base game from the console and started porting it to PC. 

Also, I don't see asking questions as being in denial, so stop posting useless screenshots and saying the same thing.

EDIT: *Posted useless screenshots*  *No response after the screenshots have been up for thirty seconds and decided to leave* Yeah, you're an idiot.

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:23 AM

Has anyone done any comparisons from Singeplayer to Online? Did they alter or remove anything? (besides peds, wildlife, traffic, graphics a bit)

It's a bit aggravating, I love how singleplayer is more polished and full and alive, but I like having my own character and the extra things you get to do in multiplayer. :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users