Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V Then and Now

1,034 replies to this topic
Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

My god, you're all so ignorant. Go take a look at Franklin's Aunt's home in Strawberry. That's just as detailed as the 2405 house.
  • IveGotNoValues likes this

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:55 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 21 October 2013 - 01:48 AM.

Hum ok, first of all let me clarify this ONCE AGAIN, I don't want any stupid fights or insults because of PC/ Consoles, that childish sht is to stay out of here because that isn't the purpose of this thread. So the game looks great on consoles is a brilliant achievement BUT, it's different from some of the things advertised and they weren't design decisions but different technical environments provided by different hardware. And I'll use images posted here to explain that.

Let's start with the house, it's not just the dynamic objects, unless they were hundreds they wouldn't make much of a different in resources terms and even the house model is a lot different, with less details..

2is6udv.jpg

All the independent grass and vegetation was removed.

Casted shadows all over from multiple sources non existence.

n63rtc.jpg

Once again, almost all vegetation gone, along rocks and tress that made the scenario more imerssive, so artistic reasons make no sense for this.

vfz9m0.jpg

The quality of details in the distance is very bad compared, if you pay attention to that pole pole in both images in the above picture you can see its intirely design, while in the actual gameplay you just see a stick.

Look to the textures of the sand, the upper one clearly have higher resolution and in the first you can see the small holes of the sand in detail, the same goes for the details of the rocks.

x4isgg.jpg

The light being casted and scatterd isn't present in the gameplay picture, there are many light sources.

The textures and details of the rocks.

Details in the distance, in the top picture you see far and with a lot of detail, including real time reflections, in the second you can't even see the reflections in the top of the right mountain.

2z4jl8p.jpg

Grass, vegetation, tress all gone. Once again no artistic reasons for this.

2z6we85.jpg

Details in the distance, the rails, the electric structure, the vegetation. In the gameplay picture some of the details are gone.

Very detailed water reflections like a mirror, although the gameplay picture have no bridge reflection at all.

Lots of vegetation, grass and trees removed (remember this picture was one of the last before the game release, so not a development artistic reason).

Lots of real time projected shadows being cast, although none in the gameplay video even with the existence of those objects.

wipqfb.jpg

Real time colorful lights projected all over, arms, face, legs, walls, but not a single one in the gameplay screen.

sw3fpe.jpg

Detail in the distance, in the gameplay shot you can only see small dots and the farther away the less it's visible, in fact you can't even see the lights in the left mountain.

Each of the light poles cast their own light, and can be see far far from away, although in the gameplay shot all you see is small white dots.

Hope now you understand my point in all this, it's not just some dynamic objects or a few trees, it's a lot of details that made the game more immersive but more demanding that were removed and some of them are only achievable with DX10 or higher. And there are plenty more of examples as these, you just need to pay attention to the details.

In conclusion most of those shots weren't taken from consoles and then photoshopped, they were taken from somewhere else (PC, Next Gen consoles) which use different API and have way more resources and capabilities.

• sly1286 and gtaguy_2723 like this

Sergio2007
  • Sergio2007

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

didnt read lol

• pg1313 likes this

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:02 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 20 October 2013 - 07:03 PM.

I mean it's pretty obvious R* altered a lot of effects (besides tree removal) to get the right look. Lighting, FOV etc.

But the final is very close to the original shots so I'm pleased. Next-Gen should be no problem.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

So let's get this right, PC Gamers, the most important thing, is Grass and Tree's and Tesselation, got it. ;) :p

Also, as good as some of those screenshots are, you're tearing some of them apart for the wrong reasons, the light casting one, Michael is higher in the promo shot and the game DOES have light casting onto the players when they are close (Go to the fairground, OH WAIT, YOU CAN'T), the Back Vinewood shot, the weather in the second screenshot is clearly cloudy compared to the clear in the promo shot (fly over there yourself on a clear night, OH WAIT, YOU CAN'T).

Again, not denying the PC version WILL have better lighting and shadows and AA, but damn, the extent some PC gamers on here are going are trying to make it seem like the console as PS1's or something!

Hussle
  • Hussle

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

where is this?!

aOJrijc.jpg

Sergio2007
  • Sergio2007

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

in the state of san andreas.

and wrong thread. ban.

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

where is this?!

aOJrijc.jpg

yeah where is this?

GTA-Bobski
  • GTA-Bobski

Freeroamer

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:26 PM Edited by GTA-Bobski, 21 October 2013 - 02:05 AM.

[snip promo pictures]

pls do this

I could, but since you wrote this...

didnt read lol
...I skip your request.

@ S1LV3R_W0LF

Your pics don't load on my screen , I suggest you use imgur instead.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

Someone definitely found the location of that screenshot in this thread. I want to say somewhere in Pillbox Hill or Mission Row.

Sergio2007
  • Sergio2007

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

[snip promo pictures]

pls do this

I could, but since you wrote this...

didnt read lol
...I skip your request.

@ S1LV3R_W0LF

Your pics don't load on my screen , I suggest you use imgur instead.

which request?

Hussle
  • Hussle

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

yeah we found it... eclipse blvd in west vinewood just north east of michaels house

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

Hum ok, first of all let me clarify this ONCE AGAIN, I don't want any stupid fights or insults because of PC/ Consoles, that childish sht is to stay out of here because that isn't the purpose of this thread. So the game looks great on consoles is a brilliant achievement BUT, it's different from some of the things advertised and they weren't design decisions but different technical environments provided by different hardware. And I'll use images posted here to explain that.

Let's start with the house, it's not just the dynamic objects, unless they were hundreds they wouldn't make much of a different in resources terms and even the house model is a lot different, with less details..

284607572_01_House_122_169lo.jpg

822846094_02_Wind_122_114lo.jpg

Once again, almost all vegetation gone, along rocks and tress that made the scenario more imerssive, so artistic reasons make no sense for this.

228461152_03_Beach_122_10lo.jpg

The quality of details in the distance is very bad compared, if you pay attention to that pole pole in both images in the above picture you can see its intirely design, while in the actual gameplay you just see a stick.

Look to the textures of the sand, the upper one clearly have higher resolution and in the first you can see the small holes of the sand in detail, the same goes for the details of the rocks.

284613187_04_Dam_122_564lo.jpg

The light being casted and scatterd isn't present in the gameplay picture, there are many light sources.

Details in the distance, in the top picture you see far and with a lot of detail, including real time reflections, in the second you can't even see the reflections in the top of the right mountain.

284615353_05_OilPump_122_414lo.jpg

284617320_06_Bridge_122_124lo.jpg

Details in the distance, the rails, the electric structure, the vegetation. In the gameplay picture some of the details are gone.

Very detailed water reflections like a mirror, although the gameplay picture have no bridge reflection at all.

Lots of vegetation, grass and trees removed (remember this picture was one of the last before the game release, so not a development artistic reason).

Lots of real time projected shadows being cast, although none in the gameplay video even with the existence of those objects.

284619993_07_Colorlights_122_56lo.jpg

Real time colorful lights projected all over, arms, face, legs, walls, but not a single one in the gameplay screen.

284621744_08_Vinewood_122_582lo.jpg

Detail in the distance, in the gameplay shot you can only see small dots and the farther away the less it's visible, in fact you can't even see the lights in the left mountain.

Each of the light poles cast their own light, and can be see far far from away, although in the gameplay shot all you see is small white dots.

Hope now you understand my point in all this, it's not just some dynamic objects or a few trees, it's a lot of details that made the game more immersive but more demanding that were removed and some of them are only achievable with DX10 or higher. And there are plenty more of examples as these, you just need to pay attention to the details.

In conclusion most of those shots weren't taken from consoles and then photoshopped, they were taken from somewhere else (PC, Next Gen consoles) which use different API and have way more resources and capabilities.

All pictures are down, bro. 

• BlackScout likes this

GTA-Bobski
  • GTA-Bobski

Freeroamer

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

yeah we found it... eclipse blvd in west vinewood just north east of michaels house
It's close to the Tequi-la-la.

nvkTHRl.jpg
  • MichaelPayneV likes this

CP27
  • CP27

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

@ Silverwolf

While I can definitely see a lot of the small details you're pointing out aren't in the game, some of the comparison photos are a little unfair. Take the behind the Vinewood sign photo for instance. In the users screenshot, they obviously have smoggy weather.

To make accurate comparisons, the photos should really be taken around the same time and weather. Also, it seems to largely depend on what you capture your screen with and your tv. I only have the snapmatic camera to use unfortunately, which we all know doesn't take photos that look like your tv screen.

Anyway, I took my own snapmatic photo of that Vinewood one (angle isn't perfect because the blimp wouldn't stop moving)

Zn8yH9f.jpg

As you can see, the lights are a lot more clearer now and you can even see some of the lamp post's lighting. I wish I had something to actually get a picture with because on my tv, this scene looks damn near identical to the original screenshot. But the ingame camera doesn't do it any justice.

sly1286
  • sly1286

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

So let's get this right, PC Gamers, the most important thing, is Grass and Tree's and Tesselation, got it. ;) :p

Also, as good as some of those screenshots are, you're tearing some of them apart for the wrong reasons, the light casting one, Michael is higher in the promo shot and the game DOES have light casting onto the players when they are close (Go to the fairground, OH WAIT, YOU CAN'T), the Back Vinewood shot, the weather in the second screenshot is clearly cloudy compared to the clear in the promo shot (fly over there yourself on a clear night, OH WAIT, YOU CAN'T).

Again, not denying the PC version WILL have better lighting and shadows and AA, but damn, the extent some PC gamers on here are going are trying to make it seem like the console as PS1's or something!

Ok unfortunately you Really Sound like Big console fanboy ... You cant See Big differences becouse you dont want to See them so its useless to Explain Anything to you...

How many Times did i say that the console Version so Look great even with that Cuts ... Me And Silver Never Said " Hey console fanboys look at your ugly ps3 graphics" so who Talk about ps1 graphics ...
The only Way to make it clear is Wait for the pc Version than we can Talk again..
Another example , Compare max Payne 3 ps3 / 360 with pc .

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

Ok guys, I edited the post all pictures should be visible now, I tried 2 Images Hosters before Imagevenue and all did the same, thought was fine. I edited the thread 3 times and all was there. Weird... but should be fine now.

You're missing the point here. What is important and not for PC players only it's not grass, trees, textures ... in fact this thread isn't about that, it's about what we we're shown and how it looks like in the end. And how those visual changes aren't for development purposes but because they didn't show what you would get in the end, it wasn't changed, it was something different since the beginning, because most of it isn't achievable in that hardware.

I know what I'm saying, I don't have the game but my brother does and I've asked him to go to that spot and a few others and it was very different. That screen with the colorful lights in particular, whatever the position you chose you don't get those lightning projections. Behind that building there are some stairs to a roof and I saw it from the top, and there was no light reflections anywhere. But you can always prove me wrong and take the shots that look like those, maybe I'm wrong and you can show the truth to me.

The same goes for the Vinewood shot, I saw it from clear sky and the detail and draw distance is very different, but I'm open to being proven wrong, take a screen that is the same as that one with clear weather.

Like I said the console version look amazing and very impressive, but thats not what we're discussing here, what were doing here is spotting the differences and their relevance.

@ Silverwolf

While I can definitely see a lot of the small details you're pointing out aren't in the game, some of the comparison photos are a little unfair. Take the behind the Vinewood sign photo for instance. In the users screenshot, they obviously have smoggy weather.

To make accurate comparisons, the photos should really be taken around the same time and weather. Also, it seems to largely depend on what you capture your screen with and your tv. I only have the snapmatic camera to use unfortunately, which we all know doesn't take photos that look like your tv screen.

Anyway, I took my own snapmatic photo of that Vinewood one (angle isn't perfect because the blimp wouldn't stop moving)

Zn8yH9f.jpg

As you can see, the lights are a lot more clearer now and you can even see some of the lamp post's lighting. I wish I had something to actually get a picture with because on my tv, this scene looks damn near identical to the original screenshot. But the ingame camera doesn't do it any justice.

Hum yeah yours looks better but I still don't see it as the same, maybe it's because of the size of the picture, but I saw this on an XB360 with clear weather and was a bit closer to the ground over the city and I couldn't spot the independent light sources from individual poles. But then again, I don't think all screens were taken another version, or with superior assets. I mean each of those scenes can be tweaked to look worst, better or same as consoles, and leave some details untouched and enhance others. 

Would be nice that someone with a capture card could take 720p screens very close to these ones to make a fair comparison, but a way or another I can spot a lot of differences between them, and thats shouldn't happen because you can't tweak console visuals that way.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

So you ask me to post proof, which I have done in regards to 3d grass and dynamic trash and you ignored those, and youve just done it again to the above poster, that clear night vinewood shot is extremely close to the promo shot but again you write it off, how can we prove anything if you either ignore it or write it off?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

2is6udv.jpg

n63rtc.jpg

vfz9m0.jpg

x4isgg.jpg

2z4jl8p.jpg

2z6we85.jpg

wipqfb.jpg

sw3fpe.jpg

Nice comparisons. I'm pretty sure those promo shots will be how the PC version will look like maxed out. I'd say a video card with 2GB+ of vram will be required for all those details.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:29 AM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 21 October 2013 - 02:32 AM.

So you ask me to post proof, which I have done in regards to 3d grass and dynamic trash and you ignored those, and youve just done it again to the above poster, that clear night vinewood shot is extremely close to the promo shot but again you write it off, how can we prove anything if you either ignore it or write it off?

You didn't prove anything. All you did was take a shot with trash cans that are placed randomly (yes that happens is a dynamic event), you also posted  screens with random grass (yeah the game have some... well few bits of grass) but not in places where it was before and you also said the colorful lights cast that reflection, although I couldn't see anything like it in game or in screens (multiple light sources) and the Vinewood sign shots wasn't ignored, in fact I said its plausible but still looks different (at least from what I saw in game in a big TV). But if you can provide those pictures and specially with the native resolution of the game, maybe that can be seen.

Although I also pointed out a lot of other things above and you said nothing about it, like the screen of the bridge and the water, where there is no projected shadows, reflection, details in the distance are very different ... and the same applies to the beach shot and others.

If we're talking serious, we need to talk about all of it and not just what we select because if less obvious.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

I already said pc will have better shadows, aa, etc, what more do you want? But you are seriously under estimating the console versons, what rockstar have done with them is amazing and a lot of the effects in the screens are in the game. Grass and trees being moved around, hell who knows on that one but I bet they wont magically reappear in the pc version.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:38 AM

Basically I'm sick of this sh*t that omg derp screenshots har frum superior master race pc version, sh*tty weak consoles cant handle dynamic trash, grass or lighting, cockstar lied to us with screenshots, pc master rce version will be true version, fanks 4 da beta teting console slaves.
  • TJGM likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:39 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 21 October 2013 - 02:46 AM.

For all you guys thinking the PC version will look like the first trailer, your wrong.

The PC version won't have more grass, trees, bins, minor details, etc.. it'll be the exact same as the console port with higher graphic options for shadows, AA, resolution,draw distance, etc.. Rockstar aren't going to add in more crap just because the PC can handle it.

Also, for the reasons why the house looked better in the first trailer, isn't because consoles couldn't handle it. I'm pretty sure the only reason why the house was so detailed at the time was to give a good first impression on the game, I HIGHLY doubt Rockstar detailed the entire map like the first trailer was shown, only the areas they were showing off they detailed because it gives a nice first impression.

CP27
  • CP27

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:40 AM Edited by CP27, 21 October 2013 - 02:43 AM.

That screen with the colorful lights in particular, whatever the position you chose you don't get those lightning projections. Behind that building there are some stairs to a roof and I saw it from the top, and there was no light reflections anywhere. But you can always prove me wrong and take the shots that look like those, maybe I'm wrong and you can show the truth to me.

I'd like to prove you wrong about the "no light reflections anywhere like that"

Now I'm not sure if you can get the same effect in that exact location (the colorful lights) as I'm not sure where it is. But you can 100% get light reflections in the same way in the game.

fVuSRBk.jpg

Again, I'm not disagreeing with you completely, some of those screenshots are a little bit different. But some of the things you're stating can't be seen in the game, definitely can in the right circumstances (lighting, time, weather, etc)

• GourangaMaster and RememberToTaper like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

fVuSRBk.jpg

)

Omg where did you get the pc version? Silver wolf said consoles cant do that!

Inb4 silver wolf says resolution is to low to judge.
  • RememberToTaper likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

For all you guys thinking the PC version will look like the first trailer, your wrong.

The PC version won't have more grass, trees, bins, minor details, etc.. it'll be the exact same as the console port with higher graphic options for shadows, AA, resolution,draw distance, etc.. Rockstar aren't going to add in more crap just because the PC can handle it.

Also, for the reasons why the house looked better in the first trailer, isn't because consoles couldn't handle it. I'm pretty sure the only reason why the house was so detailed at the time was to give a good first impression on the game, I HIGHLY doubt Rockstar detailed the entire map like the first trailer was shown, only the areas they were showing off they detailed because it gives a nice first impression.

You sure like talking out of your ass eh?

Yes Rockstar will add those details in because the PC will handle it. And it's not that they will add it in, it will come in the form of a detail distance slider like in GTA IV. So yes it will have more grass, trees, bins, minor details etc. And if not, then mods will add those in anyway  :sui:

You're also going back to only the house when Silver Wolf pretty much posted other screenshots showing different parts of the map and the difference between the game now and the promo shots. You're in a lot of denial, and it's painful and hilarious to watch. 

What will you say when the PC version comes out with not only more detail, but DX11 options like Tessellation, HBAO, and other features that will look just like the first trailer and promo shots? You're like those jackasses on Fox News. Talk sh*t all day, and then when reality hits them in the face, they quickly change their tune.

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:05 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 21 October 2013 - 03:09 AM.

You sure like talking out of your ass eh?

Yes Rockstar will add those details in because the PC will handle it. And it's not that they will add it in, it will come in the form of a detail distance slider like in GTA IV. So yes it will have more grass, trees, bins, minor details etc. And if not, then mods will add those in anyway  :sui:

You're also going back to only the house when Silver Wolf pretty much posted other screenshots showing different parts of the map and the difference between the game now and the promo shots. You're in a lot of denial, and it's painful and hilarious to watch. 

What will you say when the PC version comes out with not only more detail, but DX11 options like Tessellation, HBAO, and other features that will look just like the first trailer and promo shots? You're like those jackasses on Fox News. Talk sh*t all day, and then when reality hits them in the face, they quickly change their tune.

Can you make up your mind? Are you talking about the draw distance slider? Or the slider that you use to increase detail for stuff like shadows, water, etc..? Because neither of them add more objects onto the map, they only increase the distance of objects and non-LOD objects. Along with that,  we're not talking about mods here, if that was the case I could pretty much say SA looks better then GTA V because of mods.

EDIT: Along with that, I mentioned why the house was so detailed in the first trailer. If anyone here is in denial its you. Get over it friend, you're not pleasing anyone. The screenshots Silver put up compared to the promo shots aren't under the same circumstances as the promo screenshots were. First you can clearly see the draw distance is higher in the promo shots, which is expected in almost every game promotion. Along with that, a lot of the screenshots haven't even got the right time or weather, which don't give a fair comparison.

Android
  • Android

For the Colorful™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

People are way too excited for the PC version, and in the end it will be just like with the IV port, an absolute sh*t port. It will only look slightly better with tons of mods.

It's not a port. The "port" term is so freely tossed around and yet half of the people who use it don't even know what it means. If you don't know wtf you're talking about, which you obviously don't, then don't speak at all.

For proof that it's not a port, and has already been developed, go to this link below and hit CTRL + F and search for PC

https://googledrive....2MzA/builds.xml

A for "the slightly better with tons of mods" crap you said......

------------------------------------------------

GTA IV XBOX 360 

Majestic2_1280x720.jpg

vs

X0P0dk.png

PozHA2.png

Oh yeah, just "slightly" better......... LOOOOOOL.

That's not even fair, you're comparing PC version with mods to Console versions with no mods at all, idiot...

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:14 AM Edited by brootalperry, 21 October 2013 - 03:16 AM.

Can you make up your mind? Are you talking about the draw distance slider? Or the slider that you use to increase detail for stuff like shadows, water, etc..? Because neither of them add more objects onto the map. Along with that,  we're not talking about mods here, if that was the case I could pretty much say SA looks better then GTA V because of mods.

EDIT: Along with that, I mentioned why the house was so detailed in the first trailer. If anyone here is in denial its you. Get over it friend, you're not pleasing anyone.

No I'm not talking about the draw distance slider. I'm talking about this slider:

fDvIpFl.jpg

GTA V's menu will look more advanced than this because it will have DX11 and won't just be a port. Like I said, there's many evidence supporting this. 

I'm more than confident knowing that the promo shots are from the PC version of the game, and that's how the PC version will look like.

YOU are the one that needs to get over it. Saying Rockstar won't add extra details to the PC just because the PC can handle it is enough for me to discredit everything you've said and will say. Even now GTA IV maxed with no mods looks better than the console version. 

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:16 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 21 October 2013 - 03:19 AM.

"DETAIL DISTANCE" - It doesn't increase grass density or object numbers. Detail distance increase the distance that objects like grass, bins, fences, etc.. get spawned in at. View Distance increases the distance buildings and pretty much everything else that has an LOD. 

Just because GTA V will be using DX11 doesn't mean the game will have more objects, DX11 has nothing to do with the objects on the map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users