1,385 replies to this topic
tartanbahn
  • tartanbahn

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Compare this pls....

official-screenshot-franklin-on-a-quad.j

official-screenshot-big-mountain-is-big.

official-screenshot-havoc-in-the-port.jp

AND THIS ONE:

official-screenshot-lake-and-mountain.jp

would be interesting

anyone?

C_G_R
  • C_G_R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

Compare this pls....

AND THIS ONE:

would be interesting

anyone?

I will try it and post comparisons today or tomorrow.

tartanbahn
  • tartanbahn

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

Compare this pls....

AND THIS ONE:

would be interesting

anyone?

nice, thanks man :)

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

I love these comparisons, nostalgia of "waiting" lol. This screen shows me how badly R* was affected by the limitations of the current generation hardware. The first trailer easily had the best graphics, and more life in LS (based on this screenshot below), Look at the part in the trailer with the plan and then see how its executed in the game. This happens to every GTA game though, SA was sposed to have a sh*tLOAD more interiors then it had, and hot coffee o course, VC was sposed to have the Everglades. Its not that R* didn't want to put that in the game they just worked the best w/ what they had available.

tYMCXYJ.jpg

sLvdXYM.jpg

Look at this, just look at it! I feels unfinished and dumped

Most logical explanation, so far.

Well, of course, more stuff was added than those planned and they had to optimize the game to fit those more important stuff.

REMEMBER: Everything happens for a reason.

We might not know if they removed some of those things to give room for something better.

tartanbahn
  • tartanbahn

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

Compare this pls....

AND THIS ONE:

would be interesting

anyone?

nice, thanks man :)

you know when you can do it?

jakewashere5
  • jakewashere5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

I love these comparisons, nostalgia of "waiting" lol. This screen shows me how badly R* was affected by the limitations of the current generation hardware. The first trailer easily had the best graphics, and more life in LS (based on this screenshot below), Look at the part in the trailer with the plan and then see how its executed in the game. This happens to every GTA game though, SA was sposed to have a sh*tLOAD more interiors then it had, and hot coffee o course, VC was sposed to have the Everglades. Its not that R* didn't want to put that in the game they just worked the best w/ what they had available.

tYMCXYJ.jpg

sLvdXYM.jpg

Look at this, just look at it! I feels unfinished and dumped

Most logical explanation, so far.

Well, of course, more stuff was added than those planned and they had to optimize the game to fit those more important stuff.

REMEMBER: Everything happens for a reason.

We might not know if they removed some of those things to give room for something better.

This, exactly.

Obviously they wouldn't of just removed detail from the game just for fun, they're not that douchy.

TheGTAone
  • TheGTAone

Piβwasser Founder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Please compare my screens...

KaKaja
  • KaKaja

GTA 5 GLITCHES <3 WITH PRIDE

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

I really loved this screen and would like to know if someone could show the final 

GTAV_business_02.jpg

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

Please compare my screens...

Um, some people have a life and work so yeah you gotta give people a couple of days, maybe a week. Not everyone has the time to play the game 24/7.

GTA-Bobski
  • GTA-Bobski

Freeroamer

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

Btw I just saw something on an XBOX360 and I'd like someone to take some pictures for comparison.

Remember the GrapeSeed Hills or whatever the name was where we see a plane spraying the workers below? Remember when everyone said that screenshot released from Rockstar was very different and had no "3D leafs" like in the first trailer? A lot of people here said that was because of the LOD and the shot was taken too far.

So I'd like to ask someone here to take a screen of that place in a console at close range to have the max possible detail. Let's compare that and then we talk again.

You mean this place?

gogTU6p.jpg

This is from the X360,

wDNDlQf.jpg

And up-close

r38uIbo.jpg

@KaKaja

I can't find the exact spot but I guess it's around here somewhere. Not sure though.

kUeC9iZ.jpg

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

Seriously, we STILL have people talking about 2405 house and thinking the consoles couldnt handle the details even AFTER we posted proof of said details in the game everywhere else but that house? I guess pc gamers refuse to look at evidence if it means they cant drag up ass old subjects like that house anymore.

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Seriously, we STILL have people talking about 2405 house and thinking the consoles couldnt handle the details even AFTER we posted proof of said details in the game everywhere else but that house? I guess pc gamers refuse to look at evidence if it means they cant drag up ass old subjects like that house anymore.

They might have removed those details to make that specific house's environment seem "high class".

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:08 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 20 October 2013 - 03:10 PM.

Yes GTA-Bobski, thats the one, thank you. No way in hell that was a LOD problem, you can see how different it actually is. Look to those polygons, the shadows and pay attention to the floor, all the grass is gone and the textures are very different. Along other details.

Wait till we get the PC version, then you can take your conclusions, it wasn't just the amount of objects it was a lot more, if you pay attention almost every "3d grass" is gone from every place shown before, one thing is remove some of it for artistic impressions, but removing it all is something else and there are also the shadows only possible with deferred lightning (only possible with DX10 and up).

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

I saw you ranting in the PC thread. I don't understand what you're so upset about?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:15 PM Edited by Ash_735, 20 October 2013 - 04:18 PM.

I saw you ranting in the PC thread. I don't understand what you're so upset about?

Because it's lies. PC Gamers are clinging onto the smallest of things to try and say the console couldn't handle it, but as we've shown over and over again, it can handle said things, 2405 was cleaned up as a design choice. You know how we know? Because we're playing the game, I've even took pictures of said "missing details the consoles couldn't handle" from my very own console version!

edit: Hell, since people keep posting the same pictures as "proof2 I'll do the same then...

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Man, I must have an impossible version of the game if the consoles can't handle those dynamic objects and 3D grass!

sly1286
  • sly1286

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

Design Choice??? Hahahahaha Thats too funny but Hey , Believe it! Im Playing it too And it is definetely NO Design Choice ... But no reason to be angry , console Version still Look very Good for those Old sh*tty console specs .. Wait for the pc Version than try to Explain how this could be a Design Choice :D

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by Ash_735, 20 October 2013 - 04:23 PM.

Design Choice??? Hahahahaha Thats too funny but Hey , Believe it! Im Playing it too And it is definetely NO Design Choice ... But no reason to be angry , console Version still Look very Good for those Old sh*tty console specs .. Wait for the pc Version than try to Explain how this could be a Design Choice :D

So them removing trash and 3D overgrown Grass from the street WASN'T a design choice, what would you call it then?

edit: And yeah, I can't wait for the PC version to come out where the 2405 house STILL won't have Trash and 3D Overgrown Grass, THEN WHAT?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

So them removing trash and 3D overgrown Grass from the street WASN'T a design choice, what would you call it then?

edit: And yeah, I can't wait for the PC version to come out where the 2405 house STILL won't have Trash and 3D Overgrown Grass, THEN WHAT?

All this just for some house with trash..

I think you may be right. It's indeed the same house from the trailer, but with all of the details gone.

Maybe it was removed as a design choice, or it could have been removed to save fps in that particular area. 

Francis44
  • Francis44

WRC!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

People are way too excited for the PC version, and in the end it will be just like with the IV port, an absolute sh*t port. It will only look slightly better with tons of mods.

• IveGotNoValues likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

All this just for some house with trash..

I think you may be right. It's indeed the same house from the trailer, but with all of the details gone.

Maybe it was removed as a design choice, or it could have been removed to save fps in that particular area. 

It's a very sparse area, there's much more crowded places in the game, such as Vinewood BLVD or Vinewood Hills, or even Strawberry, etc, it certainly wasn't done to save fps, it's a design choice through and through, especially considering the pics I took were from the next block of houses which were more run down looking.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

People are way too excited for the PC version, and in the end it will be just like with the IV port, an absolute sh*t port. It will only look slightly better with tons of mods.

There's evidence that counters your lack of evidence to GTA V being just a console port and looking only slightly better with tons of mods.

The very pre-release screenshots posted in this thread are substantial evidence enough. 

It's a very sparse area, there's much more crowded places in the game, such as Vinewood BLVD or Vinewood Hills, or even Strawberry, etc, it certainly wasn't done to save fps, it's a design choice through and through, especially considering the pics I took were from the next block of houses which were more run down looking.

Okay fine. I don't have the game, therefore I can't say. You are most likely right. Fair enough?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

You'll see yourself when the PC version, then PC Gamers and Console Gamers can unite and take on the mystery of the 2405 House, why did Rockstar show it in a run down state? Why did they decided to make it upper class and clean instead? We will all have fun.

sly1286
  • sly1286

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Removing Details cant be a Design Choice ... No Doubt that they did it to make Sure it runs smooth... But Look at the Game Overall And Compare it with Other Open world Games .. It just Look Amazing even wirh that Old Hardware so i dont get why console fanboys feel offended... You guys got a Really beautyful Game . BUT it will Look much much better in pc , just Wait for it guys im Sure it will bring the a New Level of details And graphics . I dont even think that we Need huge graphic mods this Time...
And its Not all about this One House screenshot, its just a Good spot for comparing the platforms, Every single spot will Look more Detailed im Sure about that

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Removing Details cant be a Design Choice ... No Doubt that they did it to make Sure it runs smooth... But Look at the Game Overall And Compare it with Other Open world Games .. It just Look Amazing even wirh that Old Hardware so i dont get why console fanboys feel offended... You guys got a Really beautyful Game . BUT it will Look much much better in pc , just Wait for it guys im Sure it will bring the a New Level of details And graphics . I dont even think that we Need huge graphic mods this Time...
And its Not all about this One House screenshot, its just a Good spot for comparing the platforms, Every single spot will Look more Detailed im Sure about that

Again, something you're missing, said "removed details" ARE in the game, I've even posted pictures of them above, you know what they are? DYNAMIC objects they appear on the streets on different days, etc. Look at the picture of the house with the For Sale sign and trash outside of it, that's just a block or so away from 2405, the entire row where 2405 resides is all clean and well kept, whilst areas closer to the hood and Eastern parts of Los Santos gradually become more run down.

Yeah the PC version will have better shadows and stuff, but it WON'T make 2405 look like Trailer 1, as that's been changed DESIGN WISE to show off a higher class area instead, trash spawns more outside more run down houses. As does 3D Overgrown Grass, etc.

blindlfaith
  • blindlfaith

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

I think the PC/next gen version will be more detailed and similar to trailer.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

I think the PC/next gen version will be more detailed and similar to trailer.

Prepare to be let down person who finds reading difficult.

Besides, the game DOES look like the trailers, it's only Trailer 1 that has a few questionable scenes.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

It's not a port. The "port" term is so freely tossed around and yet half of the people who use it don't even know what it means. If you don't know wtf you're talking about, which you obviously don't, then don't speak at all.

For proof that it's not a port, and has already been developed, go to this link below and hit CTRL + F and search for PC

https://googledrive....2MzA/builds.xml

A for "the slightly better with tons of mods" crap you said......

------------------------------------------------

GTA IV XBOX 360 

Majestic2_1280x720.jpg

vs

X0P0dk.png

PozHA2.png

Oh yeah, just "slightly" better......... LOOOOOOL.

Sergio2007
  • Sergio2007

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

Compare this pls....

AND THIS ONE:

would be interesting

anyone?

pls do this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

So removing dustbins and trash bags help smooth out the FPS? How the f*ck are you a PC gamer?

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

the 3rd comparison in op.. where is it? street name?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users