Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's your opinion on Violent Duct?

60 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think of replaying missions like Violent Duct? (124 member(s) have cast votes)

Is replaying a mission for money bad?

1. Yes! R* should remove the option! It CLEARLY is glitching and exploiting a bug! (27 votes [21.77%])

Percentage of vote: 21.77%

2. No, these people are just bitter because we are playing smart, not hard. Replaying is an option R* put in and even encouraged. (97 votes [78.23%])

Percentage of vote: 78.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote
KingGladiator
  • KingGladiator

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

What do you think? Legitimate way to earn cash, or exploit needing patching?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

I think people that grind this do not realize the enjoyment of just going into a game with 3 or 4 people and doing different races over and over again. You don't think about money, you have a blast, and when you are done you've gained 5 levels and have 100k in the bank.

BlueJosh
  • BlueJosh

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:36 PM Edited by BlueJosh, 08 October 2013 - 04:37 PM.

If its fun for them i think its perfectly fine, we all have our different play styles and they shouldn't be punished.

I don't see much point though because i find working hard for something like an apartment feels so much better when you eventually get it.

Hadria
  • Hadria

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

I see it as kinda bad all these people are now so high lvl with all the best they'll be complaining about nothing to do. If the stock market ever gets released online they'll be the first to over take the market and run it.

JuniorVV23
  • JuniorVV23

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

I think its a good way to get money and nothing bad about it. I would think its bad if the prices of things were correct, but every f*cking sh*t is way overpriced, like a single tatoo or a watch or a piece of cloth worthing more than 10k wtf
Its extremely hard to get money and extremely overpriced stuff. Their intention is obviously to force people to buy ingame money for real money. And they don't deserve a single dime for many reasons, like we already paid for the game, and then another reason its reallu bugged ppl missing sh*t everywhere

Do you imagine how hard is to get 400k to buy an apartment without farming missions and then it simply disappear?

So, as its hard to get money and things overpriced to force p2w stuff, farming missions like vd are 100% legit

Hadria
  • Hadria

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Everything isn't over priced, you're not suppose too have all the best sh*t a week after released. now everyone wants all the prices dropped and the money from missions increased. Which will ruin everything

Hadria
  • Hadria

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

And I wouldn't Cal it an exploit, it was just over looked. If you do decide to replay the same mission 10s of times it should reward less.

dream3r
  • dream3r

Keeper of dreams

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Personally I just think all the missions payout should be raised and perhaps lower the payout of violent duct.  Why give me 9k for a mission that takes two minutes and 2k for one that takes me 15?  It doesn't make sense.  I don't "farm" violent duct but every time I get a message for it, I have to join.  It takes so little time and pays for the next four times someone murders me for no reason.

FocusedPants
  • FocusedPants

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:52 PM Edited by FocusedPants, 08 October 2013 - 04:52 PM.

I think people that grind this do not realize the enjoyment of just going into a game with 3 or 4 people and doing different races over and over again. You don't think about money, you have a blast, and when you are done you've gained 5 levels and have 100k in the bank.

You can't really know what fun for some people. Anyway, it is no different that replaying all the other game modes.

And I wouldn't Cal it an exploit, it was just over looked. If you do decide to replay the same mission 10s of times it should reward less.

^ exactly. Diminishing returns.

• ikillionaire ii likes this

TEoS
  • TEoS

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

I'd say Violent Duct just needs to have it's pay brought into scale with the difficulty of the job. I'd say 5k would be pretty reasonable and is in line with other missions in the same class.

Some of the other, far more difficult and lengthy missions need to have their pay increased to make doing them more appealing. That's the way to go about this, not disabling replays or just nerfing one mission.

• elmo87 likes this

psychadelic145
  • psychadelic145

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Don't agree that they are mad because we found something but i don't believe it's an exploit

SPACExDUCK
  • SPACExDUCK

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

I run Violent Duct solo with a Sniper Rifle. It's fun to me that way.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Lol look at the poll. Guess r* wont be patching replay option. Nor will they nerf the reward . Plus violent duct is old news and weak . Mixed up with coke and roof top rumble gets u far more rep .

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

It just robs the players who are exploiting it of an incredible experience. Their loss.

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

People who replay missions +10 times in a row should get a REAL LIFE

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

I'd say Violent Duct just needs to have it's pay brought into scale with the difficulty of the job. I'd say 5k would be pretty reasonable and is in line with other missions in the same class.

Some of the other, far more difficult and lengthy missions need to have their pay increased to make doing them more appealing. That's the way to go about this, not disabling replays or just nerfing one mission.

This statement is so true it hurts.

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

3rd option (X) No because rockstar put it in the game so you wouldnt have to rob over 300 stores to buy a sh*tty apartment, and also to rattle fa**ots who are probably doing the same thing, but trying to act like the better person 

• elmo87 likes this

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:03 PM Edited by [ÁT], 08 October 2013 - 05:04 PM.

I think the reward should be lower for a spammable mission that easy or make it so you can only run it once an hour or so. I don't think the players that "exploit" it are bad though, get your money, it's Rockstars responsibility to cover all their bases and fix SIMPLE things like this fully before they release them which they have failed to do.

• elmo87 likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

I wouldn't say people are exploiting it as R* have given you the option to replay, i would say though that perhaps each mission should have a cap on how many times you can do a mission each 24 hour cycle.

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

It just robs the players who are exploiting it of an incredible experience. Their loss.

incredible expierence robbing the same store 2831273173312 times and getting 1,000 or playing a pretty easy, not that boring of a mission for an hour and make 1,000,000.. hmmmm yeah keep robbing them stores

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:04 PM Edited by GraniteDevil, 08 October 2013 - 05:07 PM.

People are just bitter.

They don't have the patience to grind a mission (or do any kind of heavy mission play) so they get all bent out of shape when other players do it.

"Wah, I don't want to do missions but other people are and they're ranking up and getting rich, it's not fair."

Funny how they are conspicuously silent about players who keep doing different missions over and over again to rank up and get rich.

• BlaineCountyHooker likes this

JuniorVV23
  • JuniorVV23

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Are you kiddin that everything is not overpriced? In what world a tatoo or a watch or a shirt worth more than a car? Just tell me.. If prices were the same as singleplayer it would be fine. No problem on apartments and car prices but come on, i spent 400k to modify my entity and this is also f*cking expensive. Even more when you only get 2k reward from most of quests.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

incredible expierence robbing the same store 2831273173312 times and getting 1,000 or playing a pretty easy, not that boring of a mission for an hour and make 1,000,000.. hmmmm yeah keep robbing them stores

Lol it's not Rockstars fault if youre too stupid to find something else to do. Theres so much to do it's ridiculous.

did
  • did

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

Not a glitch or bug atall, to be honest all they have to do is lower the money gained for it or higher other missions payout.

It only gets abused because every other mission pays sh*t sub lvl 30

The reason there was a restart button in the first place is because you need to redo missions to level up and get cash, it just happens that is the one with the best payout and shortest complete time.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

Personally I just think all the missions payout should be raised and perhaps lower the payout of violent duct.  Why give me 9k for a mission that takes two minutes and 2k for one that takes me 15?  It doesn't make sense.  I don't "farm" violent duct but every time I get a message for it, I have to join.  It takes so little time and pays for the next four times someone murders me for no reason.

this

for sure

i've had missions send me all over town to hit multiple targets, lose the cops and than drive to  the other side of town to end the mission

all that for a lousy 2000 bucks :S

if they even out rewards with mission time/difficulty perhaps there'd be some people in other missions

right now if it isn't violent duct hardly any1 will join

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

I believe it's just a game. I know for a fact I don't farm this mission and don't care at all that others do. Why should I care? If R* cares they'll do something. Punish them? They'd better not. It's a currently available thing to do. If R* over-looked something it's on them to "fix" thier "mistake". But, if R* wasn't okay with this they wouldn't have added a "replay" button and the like and dislike function would be pointless; nor would they allow for user created playlists. It's obvious R* knew and expected folks to replay stuff. A buddy and I play Boneyard survival for hours on end. We end up making quite a bit of bank by the end. It's pretty much the same thing only we do it because it's rediculously fun. The money is merely icing. I seriously hope R* doesn't decide to tell us the way we have fun is an "exploit".

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

People are just bitter.

They don't have the patience to grind a mission (or do any kind of heavy mission play) so they get all bent out of shape when other players do it.

"Wah, I don't want to do missions but other people are and they're ranking up and getting rich, it's not fair."

Funny how they are conspicuously silent about players who keep doing different missions over and over again to rank up and get rich.

Lol bitter about what? People who have no lives playing to get rich without enjoying the game? Playing the same mission over and over again for hours to make money instead of trying different missions.

Personally, I enjoy the racing on this game. Whats the point of playing a game if you're just going to make it boring?

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

People are just bitter.

Lol bitter about what? People who have no lives playing to get rich without enjoying the game? Playing the same mission over and over again for hours to make money instead of trying different missions.

Personally, I enjoy the racing on this game. Whats the point of playing a game if you're just going to make it boring?

What makes you think we aren't enjoying the game?

Pardew's Prostate
  • Pardew's Prostate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:21 PM Edited by Pardew's Prostate, 08 October 2013 - 05:23 PM.

My opinion? I'm sick of seeing these threads, wait till you hit lvl 40+ (I'm 53ish) then you get certain missions that take the same time as violent duct but you get $18000+ & RP3000 + Of course I want to replay certain missions because I enjoy them, the money and rp is clear bonus. Racing and Survival are prob my faves and both payouts are reasonable but I could prob earn 3 times as much racing in the time it would take me to complete the 10 rounds of survival.

If you're a half decent driver you can consistently make more cash racing than the time it takes to do the majority of different missions.

Also regarding the mission itself and the payout, coke (if I remember rightly that it is coke?) costs a hell of a lot more than meth so the payout should be more for violent duct than the other meth missions.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

My opinion? I'm sick of seeing these threads, wait till you hit lvl 40+ (I'm 53ish) then you get certain missions that take the same time as violent duct but you get $18000+ & RP3000 + Of course I want to replay certain missions because I enjoy them, the money and rp is clear bonus. Racing and Survival are prob my faves and both payouts are reasonable but I could prob earn 3 times as much racing in the time it would take me to complete the 10 rounds of survival.

If you're a half decent driver you can consistently make more cash racing than the time it takes to do the majority of different missions.

Also regarding the mission itself and the payout, coke costs a hell of a lot more than meth so the payout should be more for violent duct than the other meth missions.

Alan can I get a game with you and Joe Kinnear

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users