Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are heists as 'plannable' as the trailers made out?

21 replies to this topic
G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

Can we pick anyone we want? Orchestrate it in a number of different ways?

Are there a;almost unlimited ways to do each heist?

Sorry don't have the game. Just want to know if rockstar lied.  [again]

sneety
  • sneety

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

For single player, you can only choose two ways of doing it and hire 2 or 3 other people (driver, gunman, hacker)

Online heists haven't been released yet.

Hoobler
  • Hoobler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Can we pick anyone we want? Orchestrate it in a number of different ways?

Are there a;almost unlimited ways to do each heist?

Sorry don't have the game. Just want to know if rockstar lied.  [again]

I was a bit disappointed about the possibilities to be honest. Yes you can choose your way.. but option A will always be option.

Same about switching between F M T in missions. It tells you or even forces you to switch.

liquidussnake119
  • liquidussnake119

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:46 PM Edited by liquidussnake119, 08 October 2013 - 03:48 PM.

I don't think the trailers ever made it look like we had an unlimited way to do each heist.

Four of the six heists let you choose between two different courses of action (usually one involves trying to be sneaky, the other involves going in guns blazing)

Four of the six heists let you create a crew by choosing between three or four people for each job (Hacker, Driver, Gunman)  Who you need changes depending on the heist and which course of action you take.  (I believe there is one mission where one course of action requires a getaway driver, another course doesn't)

There are two heists where there is only one course of action. 

There are two heists that are only done by Michael Franklin and Trevor without a crew involved. 

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

so the answer is a resounding no.

gg rockstar another fail on you

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:49 PM Edited by Red XIII, 08 October 2013 - 03:55 PM.

There are 2 ways you can do a heist and multiple people you can recruit.  Rockstar never really lied its just your imagination running wild.

You guys sound like such babies when you say "err rockstar lied to us" Its your own fault sitting by yourself constantly thinking about GTAV prior to the release, rockstar never lied you just set your expectations way too high or misinterpreted what rockstar said.

remember when rockstar said "we have nothing to show about GTAV at this time" They didn't want to show anything off because things come and go in development, things get scrapped and added.

Intension
  • Intension

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

They were sneaky on how they worded it. When she says, "the player sets these up themselves" it sounds like endless possibilities. But there are of course only 2-ways on how to do each heists. 

Honestly though, I heard many people had problems on where to put their getaway car on one of the heists. So if they can't do that properly, maybe it's best that GTA guides them on heists.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:18 PM Edited by blakeney, 08 October 2013 - 04:19 PM.

The thing that people forget is that other then option A & B there are still other ways of doing things...

For example when stealing the sub etc... If is just there and you go about getting it how you want... If you actually have rl mates that play it too, and compare how each acquired it, it's different every time. The sub for a mate of mine ended up being a huge gun battle to and on the ship, before making off with the sub.... For me It was a case of drive to the dockside opposite the ship, so I have clear view of the sub... shoot the wires, dive in and make off with the sub and no one aboard was aware it had even gone!

Op is a obvious troll so no response to his bs..

I also think that the Online ones will be more "planned" by you. Unless ofc you're one of those folk that don't seem to be able to "work" online properly....

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

They were very misleading.

Not cool.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

Not cool.

This.  They totally made it seem as if we would get to a point where we'd earn our own board, and be able to plan random, non-story driven heists.  To top it off, there's only 5 (6 if you count humane) heists in story period.

Another feature we were misleaded on, another feature that's disappointing, another mark against a once great company.

ceIozzip
  • ceIozzip

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

Not cool.

This.  They totally made it seem as if we would get to a point where we'd earn our own board, and be able to plan random, non-story driven heists.  To top it off, there's only 5 (6 if you count humane) heists in story period.

Another feature we were misleaded on, another feature that's disappointing, another mark against a once great company.

that's funny i read all the same marketing crap you did and never once thought we'd be doing heists in free roam, it was said 5/6 heists from the very start. gta online is where player driven heists will come into it, although even then it might just be a selection of pre-planned missions made by rockstar then executed either "dumb or smart" via our planning boards.

• qwee likes this

GTAspotter
  • GTAspotter

Middle Park East/Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

Not to mention you only actually get payed for like 2 heists..

thivakar
  • thivakar

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Just Plan A and Plan B. 

One of them is a quieter way to do the heist, the other one is go in and set hell on fire. If you are doing your heist quietly then you will need a highskilled hacker, the higher their skill is more % of cut they will ask. Same goes to gunman and a driver. If you are going loud and going to create chaos then you dont need a highskilled gunman and a Driver don't really need a highskilled hacker. 

funkybub
  • funkybub

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

They didn't even let us mix up the Plan A and B, in the first trailer, Plan B for heist 1 is showing them wearing Bugstar uniforms, which we couldn't do

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

^

Wut.

NickEliot
  • NickEliot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

They didn't even let us mix up the Plan A and B, in the first trailer, Plan B for heist 1 is showing them wearing Bugstar uniforms, which we couldn't do

What game are you playing?

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

"...I heard many people had problems on where to put their getaway car on one of the heists."

This happened to me, and the reason for it is because you're told to stash the car near the Heist building, and then it doesn't display where the building is. Hardly the fault of the player not to have learned the entire map inside out before the story is over, right?

Definitely a flaw in the mission, and a ridiculous oversight to be honest. Easily patched though.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

I liked the heists and the planning but there were only 6 so that was definetly sh*t

I hope they will add some as sp dlc

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

WHY DID YOU BAN HIM!? HE WAS MY BEST FRIEND!

Scooby803
  • Scooby803

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

There are 2 ways you can do a heist and multiple people you can recruit.  Rockstar never really lied its just your imagination running wild.

You guys sound like such babies when you say "err rockstar lied to us" Its your own fault sitting by yourself constantly thinking about GTAV prior to the release, rockstar never lied you just set your expectations way too high or misinterpreted what rockstar said.

remember when rockstar said "we have nothing to show about GTAV at this time" They didn't want to show anything off because things come and go in development, things get scrapped and added.

So what we were supposed to think when they said in the trailer "The player sets things up themselves"?

qwee
  • qwee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:28 PM Edited by qwee, 22 October 2013 - 07:30 PM.

maybe we could try to be content with the game as it is at the moment. It is crash hot, wouldn't you agree? In time, they could implement many new things. For now, it is a very fun game, with exceptional graphics.

Crying over spilt milk wont change anything. (yes i too am guilty of doing this too at times). So what Rockstar appeared misleading in trailer. Just cut your losses and run with it.

Or forever complain :)

Peace

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

How else would you plan it though? You literally can't do it any way you want, it's always going to be scripted in game. Do you know how much memory that will take? Unlimited possiblities in a game using 250mb of RAM? I don't think that's even half possible in next gen. But we will surely get a LOT more variety if they decide to use this feature again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users