Photo

Transparent background for Crew Emblem?

14 replies to this topic
AngelKing4t7
  • AngelKing4t7

The One Who Knocks

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

So, I finally managed to get access to my crew emblem in-game, and wanted to put it on a t-shirt. I had spent a lot of time and effort crafting an emblem that I thought would look good, and I was excited to be able to show it off on my online character. Unfortunately, when I finally got it to work properly and display the emblem, I discovered that what I assumed to be a transparent background surrounding my round emblem is actually a perfectly square white space.

I'm gonna be honest, it makes it look absolutely awful. I designed the emblem with the specific intent of making it a simple but elegant design that would blend well into the existing t-shirts in a variety of colors, and look almost like it was just another branded shirt you could buy. Now, it just looks like someone printed out a picture on a piece of white copy paper and taped it to my character's chest. I can't even choose a white t-shirt and make the background box blend with it, because the white shirts aren't the same shade of white. You can still clearly see the square outline of the box you create the emblem in.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the a transparent background for the emblem so it can have a shape other than a perfect square? Or is my only option for stylish customization to re-design my emblem with the required square shape in mind?

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

I expected the same, guess I gotta make some kind of frame to not make it as obvious.

AngelKing4t7
  • AngelKing4t7

The One Who Knocks

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

I expected the same, guess I gotta make some kind of frame to not make it as obvious.

Ooh, that's actually not a bad idea. Make some kind of like, solid black frame around the outside, and then just customize the background space with a color of my choosing.

I'd still much rather be able to have a transparent background, though. I can't fathom why that isn't an option.

kmanmx
  • kmanmx

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:37 PM Edited by kmanmx, 08 October 2013 - 02:38 PM.

You can select transparent when you edit your emblem. It's the top left color when you have your background selected.

Click bottom left grey square: 6f2bc3c00842b014095ab32393ddc9a3.png

Then it's the top left "color" 6d5fb2c306077784bc53fba836e0e78d.png

• IOMDutch likes this

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

So if I were to put a huge square at the bottom layer, would it remove the white canvas in game? Now if my emblem would just update.

morphpogo
  • morphpogo

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

So if I were to put a huge square at the bottom layer, would it remove the white canvas in game? Now if my emblem would just update.

It was already explained many times, also via screenshots above. At the left from the colour picker, select the bottom one which is "background colour" and as colour then select the top left which makes the background transparent.

PittDawg
  • PittDawg

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:40 PM Edited by PittDawg, 08 October 2013 - 03:41 PM.

Thats what I have selected on mine but the BG still shows up in game. Maybe screwed up, will play with it some more.

morphpogo
  • morphpogo

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

Yes because the old logo is still there. You have to wait for rockstar to update/unlock the new saved logo first, before you can asign the new logo to your crew.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Oh, now I see. I never understood because the screenshots never pointed out "this determines background color"

greenhamm
  • greenhamm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Had same problem and changed it. Took about 3 or 4 days for it to change in game

305sBoyJR
  • 305sBoyJR

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

I CREATED AN AWESOME LOGO THAT WAS RUINED BY A WHITE BACKGROUND ALSO. IT MADE ME UPSET. I'LL TRY THE METHOD EXPLAINED ON MY NEXT LOGO AND HOPEFULLY IT LOOKS GREAT!

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:26 AM Edited by sudon't, 19 May 2014 - 04:27 AM.

Yes because the old logo is still there. You have to wait for rockstar to update/unlock the new saved logo first, before you can asign the new logo to your crew.

I created a new crew, along with a new emblem. I set the background to transparent, yet it shows up in the game as a white square. I don't get it. If the new emblem shows up, there's no reason why the background should lag behind.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:29 AM

The necromancers are out in force today. How do people even find this stuff?

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

This is just bizarre. It took another day, but the background did eventually become transparent in the game. So, I will counsel patience to anyone who has a transparent background in the editor. The transparent pixels apparently just travel more slowly through the pipes.

Grizzuh
  • Grizzuh

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:03 PM

Hopefully this works for me. I've been very frustrated by the white background

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users