Photo

Framerate drop and major texture pop in

11 replies to this topic
ABCDOGGY ginette
  • ABCDOGGY ginette

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

Ever since I downloaded patch 1.02 I noticed a couple things are happening with my game.

I must say I never had problems with switching characters and/or starting missions or missions disapearing. But sometimes even if I'm only doing something simple as walking I get framerate drops and it lasts for 10-15 seconds easily...

Also driving at traffic speed is now horrible as almost every bulding or texture on it pops in right in front of me.

Plus the game can feel so clunky and rigid at times. My game ran so smoothly since launch and we know it's all online's fault if it ain't no more!

How much time we'll have to wait for offline AND online both working properly?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

I haven't had any issues since the update. Without wanting to open the doors to flamewar nonsense - what platform are you on? 

PS3 has been fine for me. 

nathan456
  • nathan456

Cant Be Touched

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:02 PM Edited by nathan456, 08 October 2013 - 01:02 PM.

im on xbox and ever since the update i noticed lots of pop ins happening...

ABCDOGGY ginette
  • ABCDOGGY ginette

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

I haven't had any issues since the update. Without wanting to open the doors to flamewar nonsense - what platform are you on? 

PS3 has been fine for me. 

I'm on PS3 too. For textures pop in, I'm ready to accept that it's normal and it is maybe just me who's played the game too much and I notice things I didn't in the begin. But sometimes it's so major, I really don't think it's me. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Hmm, might be the model of PS3, possibly. Old hardware? I'm on a 12gb Super Slim and it's been running fine throughout, since day one (and I've been hammering it with V, so that should be putting it through its paces). 

What model PS3? 

ABCDOGGY ginette
  • ABCDOGGY ginette

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

Hmm, might be the model of PS3, possibly. Old hardware? I'm on a 12gb Super Slim and it's been running fine throughout, since day one (and I've been hammering it with V, so that should be putting it through its paces). 

What model PS3? 

It's a 300gb slim PS3, it's not even 1 year old.

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

Ryan_ aka 4:20

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

I am on 360 too. I have recently been noticing more and more pop-ins and even some late texture loading to where I actually had to slow down to let the textures catch up. I don't recall this happening last week or before the patches.

And its a slim 360 too.

MaxPlaysGTA
  • MaxPlaysGTA

Disabled Gamer

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

I have the original PS3 slim from a few years ago and I've put 4 to 5 hours of time into everyday with no framerate drops and only little pop ins (like when I'm going full speed, I'll hit the brakes and the bushes will pop in or little things will)

thivakar
  • thivakar

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

I have a 2 year old PS3  slim and when ever i drive near downtown, there are alot of texture pop in and frame rate drops as well, I have deleted all my memory storage of other games. I'm a bit disappointed.  

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

I'm using a pretty new 360, and haven't noticed anything so far. It's a huge game, and it's going to take a while for all of this to be ironed out, I'd imagine.

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Yep mines so bad now, it's really annoying. Im on ps3

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

I must be extremely lucky or my console must be magic, but when i installed the play disc I had no pop-in. None. The updates didn't affect it either.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users