Suggestions to improve Freemode

226 replies to this topic
LukeMayhem
  • LukeMayhem

Old Skool Recreational Gamer

• Members
  • Swaziland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:16 AM

This topic needs more attention. Best ideas ive seen so far.

bleedout28
  • bleedout28

"Upstanding Legitimate Businessman"

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:26 AM

The idea for the blips is good, but I think blips should work they way they do in Death Match. When you Run or fire a weapon your blip lights up on the map. When you sneak, it doesn't show up. It's simpler and still gives Lester, and the sneaking skill, a usage in Free Mode.

LeperJones
  • LeperJones

SANTANIST

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:41 AM Edited by LeperJones, 26 October 2014 - 01:17 PM.

Good thread!

I think freemode needs more dynamic instances a la armored car heists and gang attacks but more seamlessly integrated.
Like maybe the contacts sends a mass text message to certain players. "Hey, got word there's a drug deal going on here. Collect the drugs and bring it here."
Twist is all the players are working for a different contact and right after they kill the AI dudes with the drugs or satchel or whatever, they have to fight to the specific drop off.

So more dynamic events like that that don't require lobbies but just adds things to do in freemode. It'll also add immersion as it feels like there's a buzz of criminal activity, organized mind you, going on at all times.

It would also be cool if they added gangs, aside from your crew, but like in-game gangs as the contacts. Add like specific unlocks for doing x for certain faction. But if course all the tasks have to be integrated seamlessly within freemode. It'll be difficult to implement I think but it would add a lot of immersion and persistence.

• robban likes this

LukeMayhem
  • LukeMayhem

• Members
  • Swaziland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:46 AM

Try playing a freeroam in a full server with map/radar off and auto-aim off. The way you play the game changes completly. Trying to defend yourself while working out which person is human or AI is thrilling. Car chases are actually real. As 'out of sight' truly then means it when you lose em.

Godmother
  • Godmother

Queen Bee

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:12 AM

NEW RANDOM FREEMODE ACTIVITIES

"GTAO shoulda came out 2015"

this sh*t is a glossy demo

SEEN IT ALL

DONE IT ALL

WASTED TIME GOING KNOWHERE

BORED

BORED

BORED

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:18 AM

Dafuq, this is like the bible.

LukeMayhem
  • LukeMayhem

• Members
  • Swaziland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:20 AM

NEW RANDOM FREEMODE ACTIVITIES

"GTAO shoulda came out 2015"

this sh*t is a glossy demo

SEEN IT ALL
DONE IT ALL
WASTED TIME GOING KNOWHERE

BORED
BORED
BORED

Good suggestion, very constructive.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:17 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 06 March 2014 - 07:18 AM.

I think it would be awesome that you can use your second, third, fourth and fifth character as gang members in GTA Freemode... Battles would be so much harder and there would be gigantic firefights :D

Ow yeah: Military has to come at another star; more police units (dogs; riot shields and SWAT should use gas and normal grenades...

ANIMALS ONLINE!!! I want to hunt something...

• robban and ~TKP~ like this

SP1D3R-ZA
  • SP1D3R-ZA

It's still real to me...dammit!

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

Like some of the suggestions regarding player blips. If done correctly, it could add a new dimension to Online and the way we play.

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

Improve sneak. Pretty worthless right now. Every time you sneak your off the radar be cool
  • WillWorthington3, robban and ~TKP~ like this

Bombshock
  • Bombshock

Bassraptor

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:13 AM

No wanted levels for shooting other players.Only pedestrians.
  • WillWorthington3 likes this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

Agreed, they need to concentrate on jobs in FREE ROAM.  Legal and illegal, especially ILLEGAL.

• robban likes this

dzian
  • dzian

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

There alot of stuff about blips here but I think they already have a working system. They just need to apply it to all game modes and make it global.

When you look at blips in deathmatch for example. If you run fly drive shoot loud weapons scream in pain or anything then your blip shows on the map.

If you press stealth your blip dissapears and only shows up when someone can see you through line of sight. Using supressed weapons keeps you invisible and so does moving in stealth. In essence this system works really well. And only needs a few minor changes. Make suoressed weapons do less damage -25% for example. And a few minor adjustments to line of sight distances.

In free roam this mode would work really well. Yes a player could in theory be totally invisible all the time but it would be impracticle to do so. Players would still show on radar when running driving or flying and no one would really travel halfway accross the city in stealth it would take an hour.

Thus most of the time players blips would show as normal as people would be running around or driving cars at great speeds. And the game would largely be unchanged. Most blips would be visible on screen mostnof the time. And lesters reveal players feature would show up any hiding in stealth.

Off the radar wouldnt need changing either as stealth would only work in stealth mode where off the radar works regardless.

~TKP~
  • ~TKP~

Wind yer neck in! TKP_1st(PS4)

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:38 AM

Silly question but has anyone tried to send this thread to R* in some way maybe to the evil Mr B?

It would benefit them immensely to take heed!  Some great ideas :-)

• scubadave likes this

autobot_hotwire
  • autobot_hotwire

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

Maybe being able to color code the blips. Something like this...
Each friend is a different color.
Especially hostile players blink red or yellow.
Passive players are pink or light blue.

Also, when you press down on the d-pad, and it lists everyone in the lobby, why not have the little icon that shows you who's got their mic on?

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:55 PM

I think the OP just... legitimately won the entire Internets.

Awesome post man, I agree with everything you've suggested, particulary the improvements to the Blip system. This needs to get seen by Rockstar, mail it to them!

ginge80
  • ginge80

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

Something I posted in the wish list thread that went unnoticed.

I'd love if we would get arrested instead of killed for having 1or 2 stars, then put in the back of a police car.
Then drove to the police station, but other players had the option to rescue you.
If no one decided to help you out then you spawn out side the police station once there a little lighter on cash or even have all your ammo taken.

This could be quite fun chasing down a friend or crew member to rescue them, and maybe get some RP in the process.

Or if your a little evil just kill the person in transit
  • robban likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users