Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's the point of the 'Freeroam' option in the lobby?

11 replies to this topic
NotAgainTrevor
  • NotAgainTrevor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

Why not just quit instead? What's the point of trying to coerce people who want to choose another job in to free roam... just leave?

Or maybe I'm missing something...

danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

I was under the impression if you quit, you get labelled as a "bad sport".....

NotAgainTrevor
  • NotAgainTrevor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

I was under the impression if you quit, you get labelled as a "bad sport".....

Oh OK, maybe I've screwed up, I thought it was safe to leave a lobby, just not quit mid-game.

Edenane
  • Edenane

GTA:O =0

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

I've used the Circle/B button to leave lobbies loads of times, and yesterday actually got a good sport bonus. Apparently you only get labeled a bad sport if you leave during the activity.

SmokeyB34Rx
  • SmokeyB34Rx

The Revelator

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

You are right, bad sport only occurs if you leave during a mission/race. My guess is the free roam option is there if you want to leave but stay together. Seems like this would happen anyway so it's a pretty lousy guess.

NotAgainTrevor
  • NotAgainTrevor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

OK, thanks for the suggestions. I've since been in a lobby where the majority won 'freeroam' and left, but it let the rest of us continue in there anyway.

TheKert
  • TheKert

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

I could be wrong but my understanding is that when you click on freeroam, as a group you are migrated into the same game session, whereas if you just quit you are randomly assigned to any open session.

This at least is what me and my friends found when playing together. If we all hit freeroam we would all be in the same session upon leaving, however when I forgot and just quit they were grouped together and I was in a seperate session. I'm not sure if being friends or being in the same crew at all affected this.

As for the bad sport thing, no you do not become a bad sport by quitting from the mission menu, only when the mission has already started.

Roded88
  • Roded88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

I could be wrong but my understanding is that when you click on freeroam, as a group you are migrated into the same game session, whereas if you just quit you are randomly assigned to any open session.

This at least is what me and my friends found when playing together. If we all hit freeroam we would all be in the same session upon leaving, however when I forgot and just quit they were grouped together and I was in a seperate session. I'm not sure if being friends or being in the same crew at all affected this.

As for the bad sport thing, no you do not become a bad sport by quitting from the mission menu, only when the mission has already started.

This... Hit the nail on the head.

wardog131
  • wardog131

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

how do you start your own game session with your clan please help

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

Because its fun..? If there wasn't freerome it would just be GTA IV's MP all over again. Freerome is the lifeblood of the game.

SmokeyB34Rx
  • SmokeyB34Rx

The Revelator

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

After you hit start go to the Online tab. Once you select to play online you should have an option for an invite-only session.

beneficial
  • beneficial

Buckwheats

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

After you hit start go to the Online tab. Once you select to play online you should have an option for an invite-only session.

*important this must be done in single player; the option doesn't exist when already online

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users