Photo

What have they done?!

58 replies to this topic
GTA_Addict7
  • GTA_Addict7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

GTA online used to be so much fun as you ran around with friends or alone and fought with everyone on sight. Chased people around the map and hunted down people who got your friends. Now you get kicked for simply going around and killing someone here or there. Im not talking about hunting someone down and tormenting them. Im talking about seeing someone and having a shootout. i did this with 2 people during the hour and i got kicked.

I was in a battle with someone and during the chase after alot of shooting i blew up his car. What happens? I have to pay the 'insurance' and am warned i am being a bad sport. This is ridiculous! ISnt this what GTA is all about. having fun, fighting driving around. being wild. Of course you can do jobs, roberries races etc but this is a major part of the game and i feel they need to ease up on this issue.

• Boxman108 likes this

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:07 AM Edited by kotaco, 08 October 2013 - 06:07 AM.

And that's why I didn't like GTA IV online, I could rarely get together and do things I liked to do without being trolled, I like V. You can still do that, it just puts you with like-minded people to do it with. (bad sports)

When some puts up the money for a car, they get just as frustrated that you were a d-bag and blew it up as you get for having to pay a small insurance fee. It's all even.

• lannydee likes this

bensons
  • bensons

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

If you want a shootout go in a deathmatch, otherwise yeah, you will get kicked.

Obvious isn't it?

proweedsmoker
  • proweedsmoker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:12 AM

Just don't blow up their cars and you will remain a good sport.

GTA_Addict7
  • GTA_Addict7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

So we should all walk around like model citizens. tip our hat as we walk past people and smile? GTA is all about killing and escaping. Now if you kill someone you get kicked from the damn game. Im not saying repeatedly killing someone, but once in a while having a little shoot out is fine.

If its a car chase where we're both trying to scrap each others car wth should i have to pay? Im not an amazing player but if you have the skill then you shouldnt be punished for it.

• boxanata and Boxman108 like this

boxanata
  • boxanata

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

Yeah, it's pretty stupid. I don't even see why it's named "GTA Online". Having the words GTA in the name is insulting. Seriously, if you can't handle having your precious ride blown up, f*ck off back to CoD. 

• Boxman108 likes this

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

what's worse is those pricks who shoot you in the back to loot your cash, and kick you right after so they don't have to worry about you going after them.

the kick system is sh*t. i hope it gets fixed

• Boxman108 likes this

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

So we should all walk around like model citizens. tip our hat as we walk past people and smile? GTA is all about killing and escaping. Now if you kill someone you get kicked from the damn game. Im not saying repeatedly killing someone, but once in a while having a little shoot out is fine.

If its a car chase where we're both trying to scrap each others car wth should i have to pay? Im not an amazing player but if you have the skill then you shouldnt be punished for it.

Nobody said be a model citizen,  it takes more than the occasional kill or blown up car to be a bad sport, and the money it takes from you is trivial in the long run. If you aren't being a troll you shouldn't have an issue.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid. I don't even see why it's named "GTA Online". Having the words GTA in the name is insulting. Seriously, if you can't handle having your precious ride blown up, f*ck off back to CoD. 

Lol, because that's the go to insult? CoD? Alrighty then.

GTA_Addict7
  • GTA_Addict7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

Nobody said be a model citizen,  it takes more than the occasional kill or blown up car to be a bad sport, and the money it takes from you is trivial in the long run. If you aren't being a troll you shouldn't have an issue.

But it takes the occasional kill to get kicked from the game.

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

But it takes the occasional kill to get kicked from the game.

Well that's on the players. I haven't had that issue as I play with friends only as the players on GTA have been dicks since GTA IV.

But we have 1-2 guy in the clan with ADD (not really) that we have to put up with rampaging from time to time, which is fine, and they don't have the bad sport issue since they don't do it constantly.

Fayspalm
  • Fayspalm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

GTA online used to be so much fun as you ran around with friends or alone and fought with everyone on sight. Chased people around the map and hunted down people who got your friends. Now you get kicked for simply going around and killing someone here or there. Im not talking about hunting someone down and tormenting them. Im talking about seeing someone and having a shootout. i did this with 2 people during the hour and i got kicked.

I was in a battle with someone and during the chase after alot of shooting i blew up his car. What happens? I have to pay the 'insurance' and am warned i am being a bad sport. This is ridiculous! ISnt this what GTA is all about. having fun, fighting driving around. being wild. Of course you can do jobs, roberries races etc but this is a major part of the game and i feel they need to ease up on this issue.

It's ridiculous? Actually no, GTA is the same as stealing a car not to go on a killing spree or being wild. You want to go kill people? Then go play DEATHmatch!

If you want a shootout go in a deathmatch, otherwise yeah, you will get kicked.

Obvious isn't it?

Not to these dimwits, talk about being clueless

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

I Have a tip for those wanting to act like model citizens, you can start a invite only session. So for those complaining about people shooting at them in free roam, IT'S GTA!. I think this bad sport thing is complete BS, and tweak the damn passive mode...passive mode is what R* calls it, but It's really pvp mode but on a bigger scale, in Passive mode you cannot fight NPC's either, that needs to change then pvpers and pve'ers can all play together.

• Boxman108 likes this

Race-n-Chase
  • Race-n-Chase

Geobsedeerd.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

I think the "kicked by other players"-message is a bug, I've been kicked a LOT of times "by other players" for absolutely no reason while just cruising around. The other explanation is that I was free-roaming amongst trolls, which is possible as well ofcourse. 

Derity
  • Derity

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:11 AM Edited by Derity, 08 October 2013 - 07:12 AM.

This will probably be the first and only time I will ever say something positive about CoD, but at least in CoD you're allowed to kill each other. lol

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

I Have a tip for those wanting to act like model citizens, you can start a invite only session. So for those complaining about people shooting at them in free roam, IT'S GTA!. I think this bad sport thing is complete BS, and tweak the damn passive mode...passive mode is what R* calls it, but It's really pvp mode but on a bigger scale, in Passive mode you cannot fight NPC's either, that needs to change then pvpers and pve'ers can all play together.

You could say the same of people who want to go around shooting at other people. Works both ways.

The other option works just fine with sorting based on play type. You want to run around and blow people up and stuff constantly, it puts you with others who enjoy doing that as well. You want to just cruise around with people and laugh it up and rob stores and play missions and just hang out in general with the occasional killfest, you get put with them.

Only problem is it hasn't had enough time to really sort the players well yet, the more time goes on the better it'll get

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

This is completely off-topic, but I saw your name and join date and thought that troll was at it again, so I refrained from clicking.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

You could say the same of people who want to go around shooting at other people. Works both ways.

The other option works just fine with sorting based on play type. You want to run around and blow people up and stuff constantly, it puts you with others who enjoy doing that as well. You want to just cruise around with people and laugh it up and rob stores and play missions and just hang out in general with the occasional killfest, you get put with them.

Only problem is it hasn't had enough time to really sort the players well yet, the more time goes on the better it'll get

Like I said, all R* has to do is Fix the Passive mode and get rid of "Bad sport", R* is insulting a player for using a mechanic that they Implemented. What if your friend hates pvp but you like it? can't play together sorry!...if they Fixed passive mode to allow combat with NPC's and missions then all would be good, everyone will be happy.

JonVercetti
  • JonVercetti

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

Rockstar really needs to focus on other issues like characters and vehicles getting deleted instead of punishing someone because he wanted to kill some random.

Fayspalm
  • Fayspalm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

everyone will be happy.

...when these idiots start using deathmatch

rrocks
  • rrocks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

I doubt that it's any "fun" to the guy sitting there on his phone trying to buy stocks or the dude driving across the map to do a mission. That's the whole point of deathmatch you idiots. They created a whole section for you trolls and yet you still force yourself to go into legit servers and f*ck with people, you know what we call people that do that ... "Bullies" and we all know that bullies only bully others because they are sad pathethic people with daddy's that beat on them and mommy's that bring home different men each night...oh and let us not forget the uncle that touched them in their secret place...lol.

Get over it dude, no one feels sorry for you, I only hope you do it enough more times that they throw your ass in with all the other assholes and you can all run around killing each other all day while other people play the game. If you want a shooter, go play a f*cking shooter man, there are loads of them out there that do a far better job at it than GTA. This game is not meant for that, it's about working as a team to become the best crew online.

• GrndZero likes this

jc20
  • jc20

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

Is it just the title 'Bad Sport' that throws people off?  If people went around shooting people and blowing up cars and got the title 'Ruthless Killer', and then were only placed in 'Ruthless Killer' lobbies, I bet there would not be half as much complaining.

People in these lobbies can still do exactly what they did before, and odds are their firends play the same way, so they end up in these lobbies as well.

• lannydee likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

[...snip...]This is ridiculous! ISnt this what GTA is all about. having fun, fighting driving around. being wild. Of course you can do jobs, roberries races etc but this is a major part of the game and i feel they need to ease up on this issue.

GTA 5 is also having fun without random shooters. I have just the same right to play this game as I want as you do. It doesn`t make me better or worse, but bad sport is keeping you away from me.

• GrndZero likes this

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Play the game and just enjoy the mayhem!

lannydee
  • lannydee

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

Obviously GTA is a lot of different things to a lot of different people .....

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

It is, and was always going to be, a difficult balance. Allowing anything to go - full on GTA anarchy - while also letting players have their personal GTA experience without it being "spoilt" by others.

I feel that the rewards and punishment system, the all-actions-have-consequences mechanism, is crucial in defining this balance.

I personally want people to be able to attack me, but I don't want them to attack me constantly by default, just because I'm there. At the moment, the default method of communication with other players in free roam is to fire bullets at them. If the consequences system is adjusted further it might make the majority of people play differently.

Then it will be a much easier pill to swallow if I'm shot dead by a random psycho. Problem is, at the moment, almost everyone is a random psycho!

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

I wish all the dumbass retards who suggest using deathmatch would get a clue.  Maybe not everyone wants to play deathmatch just to have fun killing each other?

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

I wish all the dumbass retards who suggest using deathmatch would get a clue.  Maybe not everyone wants to play deathmatch just to have fun killing each other?

The following is also true: Maybe not everyone wants to play "shoot everyone on the server" in free mode.

Timeetyo
  • Timeetyo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

IMO they just need 2 server types - one for true free play where you can kill/grief/camp/etc as much as you like without any consequence (from the game of course)....and another with stricter rules to prevent griefing from those who just want to play with others and not worry about a sticky bomb drive by.  There is a reason most MMOs have both server types - most people don't want others getting in their way as they play.  Those that want the excitement and challenge can then go have fun killing each other without worry....everyone wins. 

• Boxman108 likes this

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

The following is also true: Maybe not everyone wants to play "shoot everyone on the server" in free mode.

Then they should get their own pussy playlist so they can have fun fighting against bad AI instead of human players.

Zarathustra71
  • Zarathustra71

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

I kill people all the time and I've never been kicked from a free-roam. Just stop blowing up their cars, you f*cking clown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users