Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

THREE PAGES

lakers-reaction.gif

Suvari
  • Suvari

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

You're full of crap. There's no way anyone will get banned for "farming." Have you ever played Red Dead? Rockstar completely encourages it -- in fact, you MUST do missions dozens or hundreds of times for some of the goals they've set on that game. Why would GTA Online be any different?

I'm not sure how many levels there are -- I know there are at least 120 -- and do you think you could really get that high without doing missions multiple times? If Rockstar has a problem with a specific mission giving too much money, they'll do what they did with one of the gang missions on Red Dead and lower what you get.

800 levels

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

Rollin' Bones

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

The amount of stupid in this thread is mind-boggling.

KingGladiator
  • KingGladiator

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

The ONLY mission that you are no longer allowed to click 'replay' on is violent duct. Any race, anything else, you still CAN click restart.

If you crybabies want, how about after every violent duct mission, we just call Gerald up and get the mission again? Will that fix it for you?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

I got banned for using the Dixieland horn too much on my pickup truck

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

Glitching is not a feature added on purpose.

People are not supposed to repeat again and again the same missions. It's so f*cking dumb. But, well, I know there are a lot of morons play games...

Then why do they give us the option to replay? There is a button that says "replay", but they recently disabled it for missions only because people were actually getting something out of a few missions.

If they don't want us to replay missions then you shouldn't be allowed to replay a mission after it's done. But, oh, then no one would be playing anything after a few hours because depending on your level you can run through all of the missions in a few hours.

Its sounds like you and Rockstar don't want people to actually have fun playing the game, you want us to just wallow in the lower levels not being able to get anywhere. If Rockstar does something stupid like ban people for replaying the good missions or lowering the XP/cash that goes with those few missions then why bother playing? I'm not trying to dedicate my life to this game, I just want to get back the rank I had and go a bit higher so I can get the good stuff unlocked and be ready for these mythical heist missions I've been hearing about.

If Rockstar wants to punish people for trying to get ahead in the game by using the features they themselves put in the game then screw them, I'll either not buy their games or buy them second had in the future while giving my money to another game like Saints Row that actually believes in having fun.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

I was abducted by aliens for repeating missions.  Now I'm butthurt just like all the haters.

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by Courtesy Flush George, 08 October 2013 - 07:14 PM.

Why would you get banned if they have a "REPLAY" option?! I call BS!

Wile5ter
  • Wile5ter

Grand Wizard Pooh Bear

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

They Killed my Hamster, Drank my Beer and then Banned me too!

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

http://i.qkme.me/3rh3dx.jpg

Little tip use the little picture button in the tool bar for the posts.
Or use
[PIC] [/PIC] code
I'm on phone

how do you cut and paste a link on an iphone

GeorgeClinton
  • GeorgeClinton

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:09 PM Edited by GeorgeClinton, 08 October 2013 - 07:10 PM.

The amount of people who don't understand what an exploit is in this thread...

Think about all of the people on disability and unemployment that don't actually need it. Many people do need it; but the ones that don't and still accept it are _______ the system. They are following the rules given to them but are profiting beyond the purpose of the system.

Delusion... If you want to ruin the game by exploiting at least admit it and stop trying to lie to yourself. Whenever there is ONE way to gain money/xp at the same time at alarming rates compared to all of the other ways; there is something wrong.

Maybe old MMOs or older multiplayer games were designed around doing the same thing over and over again, but that is an old and sh*tty model. Which is why GTA 5 marketed online around a "no grinding" atmosphere.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Ban them all!!! The feature was intended for races and Survival, not over paying missions that take 2 minutes to do.

Sigfyy
  • Sigfyy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

i got such ban wowzerz!!11

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

The ONLY mission that you are no longer allowed to click 'replay' on is violent duct. Any race, anything else, you still CAN click restart.

If you crybabies want, how about after every violent duct mission, we just call Gerald up and get the mission again? Will that fix it for you?

Ummmm yes you can... After violent Duct, you give a thumbs up and press R2. Which is quick replay... So yeah..

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

What terms are they violating that theyd ban them? I dont think envy or honorable leveling methods were in the disclosure.

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

How is restarting this mission a glitch or against the ToS? f*cking idiot.
  • Courtesy Flush George likes this

Moth
  • Moth

Baka Senpai

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:15 PM Edited by The General, 08 October 2013 - 07:20 PM.

Nope, all COOP missions have replay disabled. Everything else, like races and survival are still fine, replay is enabled.

Which is why GTA 5 marketed online around a "no grinding" atmosphere.

What? There is plenty of grinding in Online, most missions give out little money and you need to do them over again to get a good amount. There is a reason why Violent Ducts is so popular. High payout, and it's pretty short. You still need to grind to get to a high level , or you are going to stay at a low level for a pretty long time. Every MMO/"MMO lite"(GTA Online is a MMO Lite) has grinding. Give me an example of a grindless MMO.

GeorgeClinton
  • GeorgeClinton

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:20 PM Edited by GeorgeClinton, 08 October 2013 - 07:26 PM.

I doubt anyone was banned over this, but R* easily could if they wanted to. I've seen many MMORPG's while facing this same situation do: bans, suspensions, full on rollbacks, rolling back specific people, character deletion, and other things.

R* could do it, but I doubt they will. This games multiplayer at least as it stands is not very serious in the least bit nor is it even finished. Nor is there any sort of working auction house. They have much bigger fish to fry than to stop the people who pretend this is a full fledged MMO from grinding.

Delusion... you have to be delusional to not realize that you are exploiting.

You have to be even more delusional to think this game is worth exploiting.

On the topic of grinding. I have gotten to lvl 30 and bought almost everything I have actually wanted by simply doing whatever I wanted to do at any given moment. This has been through a little racing, a little armed robbery, a few missions, a few death matches, some bounty hunting.

This hasn't been a grind because I'm just doing what I wanted to do in the game and got rewarded for doing it. This is how this game is supposed to be played. If one wants to grind money that's fine go do it that's what you want to do.

Now if someone wants to repeat the same mission that is more efficient at making money and XP than every other money making way by a large amount there is a big flaw in the system. This goes beyond grinding and into "did you really just design your game around that?" territory.

• Levano likes this

Jagblade
  • Jagblade

Counterfeiter

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

So what exactly did they did to Violent Ducts? My friend and I were replaying it over and over last night from 11:30 P.M. to 3:00 AM.

We made roughly 400k after all that time. Replay works fine, monetary reward amount ($9,000) is still there. Did they just add more enemies to make it harder?

yakuza warlord
  • yakuza warlord

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

I played every single mission once and am now level 120 with over a billion dollars.

Because thats the way R* intended it to be.

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

It's way worse over here.... they just took my job !!!

They tirrrkk errrr JERRRBBSS!!

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

As long as the restart button is there for missions, This really can't be considered a glitch or a exploit, its a built in feature.

Is it an oversight by R* ? sure, but they really can't blame theyr players for using a built in feature, that they saw fit to ship the game with.

Just because something is a effective means to an end, it does not mean its a glitch or a exploit, grinding/farming has been going on for as long as there have been "rpgs".

As for anyone getting banned for this, I find it extremly unlikely that anyone would be banned for farming or grinding via a game feature, people who have been using the LS customs glitch on the other hand shouldnt get to comfy.

Seedy
  • Seedy

pissin in yer kitchen sink.

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

why is this conversation happening.. 

JohnnM96
  • JohnnM96

<a href="http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/"&g

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'm so f*cking pissed!!!!! I only repeated the missions because my first character got deleted. I can't f*cking believe they banned me. I'm going to start a new character, but if this one gets deleted I will trade in the game and burn every disk I get my hands on. 

Ediblez
  • Ediblez

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

good troll thread,

SHALLWEkirbs
  • SHALLWEkirbs

Shall we?

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

KJ6ahU2G884jx2f1jmDZ.gif

Rockstar bit my dog

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

KJ6ahU2G884jx2f1jmDZ.gif

Rockstar bit my dog

They took my Baby Ruth :(

Platuni
  • Platuni

Merp

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

It's an exploit.. You're repeating something which was meant to be patched.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users