I know it's off topic but thought id ask

• SSBBW likes this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

It's decent. You'd probably enjoy it if you're a GTA fan.

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homeboy

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

For 10 dollars? Maybe. For 5 dollars? Sure.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:17 AM

yes it's worth it plus it has great graphics

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:19 AM

Haven't played it, but isn't it optimized for next gen? If I was truly interested in it, I'd play the best version possible. If you agree, I'd wait until next gen drops.

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

Haven't played it, but isn't it optimized for next gen? If I was truly interested in it, I'd play the best version possible. If you agree, I'd wait until next gen drops.

Sleeping Dogs, not Watch Dogs :)

And yes, it's a greatly entertaining game, not without a few tedious flaws though.

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

is it better theb rdr

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

is it better theb rdr

No. In my opinion, obviously. Worth playing but its no rdr.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

Sleeping Dogs, not Watch Dogs :)

And yes, it's a greatly entertaining game, not without a few tedious flaws though.

sh*t.

Thanks for the (polite) correction. Shows how much I know about games with 'dogs' in the title :cool:
  • baskerwil likes this

KillEmAll
  • KillEmAll

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

Play it for the story, there isnt anything to do in its "free roam", its non existent. 

jonkoroken420
  • jonkoroken420

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

I gotta say, Sleeping Dogs is a nice game, I've played it a while ago and I had alot of fun.

Fighting is quite entertaining.

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Classic car fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

I pirated it when it came out, it's a great game but doesn't deserve a purchase. Why? Because it was pumped out with so much of that DLC rubbish to the point that you get a tiny portion of what the game was supposed to be. I wouldn't support that kind of stuff if I were you, because it seems Rockstar took a hint from cutting content to re-sell it as new. If you buy the game, you're supporting companies cutting 50% or more of their game out.

The game itself does a great representation of Hong Kong, but unfortunately, you can't go into the large mountain areas, as well as some other areas, so it's not a true free roam game. The animations are great and very smooth, and the PC one is optimised amazingly. In free roam though, there's not a huge amount of things to do, there are lots of nice things, but you can't do them forever, and the lack of total exploration of the map is disappointing, there's no planes or helicopters either. The wanted system is broken like in GTA V, the police cars will even spawn on an island way out from the city when you go to it... The game does feature good characters, and many mechanics are done very nicely. There are lots of vehicles, but the driving is heavily arcade.

So, in the end, it's not worth buying, but it's worth playing.

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

It was free on PSplus a few months back. Its only worth it free. I thought it was garbage. Terrible driving mechanics and boring story. Its a wonder it was rated so high...

GranThefTito
  • GranThefTito

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

sleeping dogs story is excellency story i think it is more nice story over game grand theft auto 5

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

Absolutly horrible game dont buy.
After 10 mins you will think, hmmm decent game

After 30 mins you realise you wasted your money and its a horrible feeling

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

It was the opposite for me, after 10 minutes i thought it was rubbish, by the end i thought it was great.

Play it for the story though, dont bother mucking about

Eagleheart
  • Eagleheart

U.S. Monsanto

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

Very fun combat system but once you get through the main story there's not much to keep you playing.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

I would say: no.

But some people really like it and I guess you should give it a try

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

Asha! That light has a family!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

The only thing you can do after the storyline is just hack surveillance cameras to perform drug busts. But the story was pretty good.

Hendrix89
  • Hendrix89

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

It is a really enjoyable game. To begin with i wasn't that 'sold' on it but by the time i had finished i loved it.

Price i can't complain got it cheap when it was on steam sale. Driving i myself found to be fun, but due to being so used to having free roam games, where you drive on the 'wrong side' of the road, it took time to get used to that for me. But even then, i always drive on the left most of the time in any of them :p

Performance for me on the PC version to begin with was terrible as kept crashing, until i installed it to a different hard drive. If the PC version i suggest using a 360 pad for the fighting/ driving as it does make it easier.

Also again if PC version you are after wait till a sale on Get Games Go, Green Man Gaming, Gamers Gate or Steam.

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

get it its fun jumping from car to car 

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

Yes it is worth buying.

Overall it is a very good game with a setting that is not really touched by other game companies. The limited gun play made the game what it is for me. The story is ok, and the writing is very cliche. However the actual story missions are so much fun and very well thought out. The overall gameplay (from fighting to driving) is tight but not very deep. There are multiple collectibles that actually give you advantages in the game, but there is not much replay ability after that.

If you're expecting GTA V or RDR level production you're gonna be disappointed, however the game is good and fun to play.

Doland J. Trump
  • Doland J. Trump

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

I was a fan of the True Crime series and was very interested when SD was announced (aka True Crime Hong Kong). In the end i was satisfied with the game. The story was great (plot and length wise) gameplay was fine, driving is very arcadey and you will be disappointed if you like a lot of damage when crashing. After the main story is done there isn't really much to do other than Drug busts, not many "open world" elements to it after the story is is done. Another thing i don't like is the amount of DLC they've released. I wouldn't pay more than $40 for it.

OGCFB
  • OGCFB

Emperor Eye

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

It's fun for a day or two at the most. After doing the story and a few bonus stuff you probably wont touch the game again, it's a good game while it lasts though.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:41 PM Edited by hugh750, 08 October 2013 - 03:41 PM.

i'm sorry but i don't agree sleeping dogs is a great game.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

I personally found Sleeping Dogs quite entertaining for a few hours, but I only turned it back on 3, maybe 4 times. Never completed it, never will. 

The driving physics are pretty awful. The character animations are clunky, though some of the unarmed combat is pretty good. Don't think I ever got a gun, I'd given up before then. 

I'd say only buy it if you can get a serious low-price on it. 

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

This thread hasn't been locked/moved yet?

creed200569
  • creed200569

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

It was free on PSplus a few months back. Its only worth it free. I thought it was garbage. Terrible driving mechanics and boring story. Its a wonder it was rated so high...

Wow you just lost all credibility cuz it has one of the best stories ever in a video game hands down and the fighting was awesome too. To use the environment as a weapon was genius

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

Agreed.  Mindless button mashing during fights.  Terrible game.  Looks beautiful, however, as the graphics and color schemes are great.  Terrible gameplay.  

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by hugh750, 08 October 2013 - 04:23 PM.

Agreed.  Mindless button mashing during fights.  Terrible game.  Looks beautiful, however, as the graphics and color schemes are great.  Terrible gameplay.  

i'm sorry but again i don't agree the gameplay is great and so is the story.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users