• None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

Before

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

I thought Brian had a point at first with the different path theory but if he is right then what would the big surprise be?

A jetpack?

It wouldnt be worth the effort so it cant be.
The UFO's are the the surprise, nothing more

FateRider
  • FateRider

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

What about that dinosuar thing was that fake?

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

Yes, it was a fake.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Thanks for the reasonable response.

I'm not sure if this is only related to a jet pack being in the game. I was more thinking it might be similar to the RDR honor system, without the constant reminder of a meter change shoved in our faces.

It seems to be more of an overall system, than a '5 choices' system at least as far as I can tell

Edit: You're right there are a metric f*ck ton of potential possibilities, as you laid out. That's why I think it's more of a sliding scale then a '5 bad calls and you're f*cked' situation.

I don't know if it's a jetpack or not. Personally, I think they should never have put a jetpack on the mural and I doubt there's a usable one in the game. If anything there might be a model of one or something in some cave somewhere that we haven't found yet. But everyone wants the jetpack, even I think it'd be fun to explore with one, so I'm hoping someone finds a working one. :p

There are more reasons for a meter than there are to hide said meter, at least as far as a game like GTA goes. Little to no difference has been reported in anything relating to a karma meter. I've played the game nicely, I've played the game mean and I got the same pedestrian dialogue the whole way through. I have no feedback as to my karma/morality and no idea how to change it. I can't even confirm it exists. At least in Red Dead I knew for sure that I lost honor when I did bad things.  :lol:

Though, I did have a thought. I may be completely wrong, but I suspect this game was not built upon GTA IV because its use of physics feels to me more in line with how Red Dead used them. I wonder if they started actually working on GTA V (rather than conceptual work) after Red Dead, using it as a base. What if they never truly removed the honor system but simply hid it and In homage to that honor system being in the code, potentially still working behind the scenes without a true purpose, they put that "Karma is a Chameleon" thing up.  I don't know if it's possible or not, but who knows?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users