42 replies to this topic
gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

the police system was just awesome, not to mention driving on Mafia 2

The police system is something in think gta should have used years ago, its fantastic..

The driving in in m2 I hated really horrible, m1 was grate especially with a wheel, many fond memories of police chases

BabyDontHurtMe
  • BabyDontHurtMe

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:16 PM Edited by BabyDontHurtMe, 08 October 2013 - 05:16 PM.

Gameplay -> GTA V

Dialogues -> GTA V

Characters -> GTA V

Multiplayer -> GTA V

Replayability -> GTA V

Animations -> GTA V

Physics -> GTA V

Music -> Can´t really choose.

Story -> Can´t really choose, GTA V had more epic moments, while Mafia 2 had more sad moments.

Graphics -> Mafia 2

I find it really funny how people complain about that GTA V has nothing to offer, yet they enjoy Mafia 2, which has zero replayability. 

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Thier BOTH Great games in my eyes mafia 2 has a better storyline but V Has a better More Varied Sandbox world to explore  and has more replay value tbh i enjoyed both about the same. and i would give them both 9/10 

gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Mafia 2 was the worst sandbox game ever made, pile of wank is what that was.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:35 PM Edited by Tycek, 08 October 2013 - 05:36 PM.

Mafia II was a disgrace not worth bearing the title of the predecessor. Game was butchered, overhyped and generally not worth buying. It's hard to find game to compare it to, because nothing there was really worth something.  

• RyanBurnsRed likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

The terrible PS2 port of Mafia is what made me into a PC gamer in the first place. I couldn't get past that  mission where you had to steal the race car in the middle of the night because on the PS2 version, the headlights on the cars don't work!
I got the disc version for PC and I loved it! I passed that mission on the first try! It's such a good game, even for today's standards. It's very unique. I don't know why 2K made Mafia II into a GTA clone. I hated it! Only good thing about it was the graphical improvements and PhysX support.
The story was good, but Mafia's story left a bigger impression on me. Wow what a plot twist! I never did trust Sam! 
Anyway, I wish if there was a Mafia III, it would go back to the Mafia I roots.

Also in Mafia I you could shoot a gun while driving your car, sit in the car with the engine off, refuel your car at gas stations (difference here is unlike Mafia II where it's a cut scene, it's done in real time and you have to turn the engine off before you pump the gas), take public transportation, get tickets for running red lights, when making a turn the car's blinker would come on, it had a free mode, mods! (60s car pack was the best), a story mode that I never get tired of, a big city with a country side, and you can switch between manual and automatic transmission for every vehicle available in the game.

Totally agree...

I made the mistake of recommending it to a friend when it was released on PS2, when he told me it was sh*t I was slightly shocked untill I played it on ps2, absolute disaster of a port...

And lol at not trusting sam, yea I had a thing with him at the start lol...

Remember the farm mission? One of the best missions in a game ive played, pure class...

I dont know why but Michael reminds me of tommy just in a different era and and circumstances, but there was rumours that some ofmthe dev team responsible for m1 story helped out on gta v, but im not sure if this was ever proved.

I played m1 again about 2 years back, its still a grate experience even after all this time...... the airport mission decision still gets me to this day... and the ending..... omg lol

Yes the farm mission! When I first played that it scared me  :lol:

The airport mission took me a while to complete because I always got killed either right after arriving at the entrancing or out near the hangers. Same for the dock yard mission. But over time I got better at it and breezed through the game like it was nothing. For the airport mission I let him live... but too bad they found him anyway :/ 

When Mafia II came out, many people went out and bought it without even knowing anything about the first game. 

What a shame. I think some time ago some guy was converting the game to the RAGE engine.

Fockstrot
  • Fockstrot

the bee's knees

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Jesus Christ. They're all good in their own way but every time a Grand Theft Auto is released, the entire business changes. The imitators have only once been in the same ballpark and that was when Saints Row came out before GTA IV.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

I didn't find the story all that great.. typical generic mafia-mush and meh dialogue. I liked the rest of the game though. The engine is damn impressive and could give RAGE a good run for it's money. It was empty when you diverted from the story, but that probably had more to do with the budget than anything else. 

Mafia 2 was slightly disappointing but Mafia 3 could become mindblowingly good, especially now they're teaming up with Rockstar more. 

Champerss
  • Champerss

Your Insane Psychiatrist

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

I liked the storyline of GTA V and Mafia II, both very good, gameplay and freeroam same, both very good, but for the soundtrack and atmosphere, I kind of liked the 1940's feel, especially when Vito was returning home, and it was in the winter, and Let it Snow by Dean Martin was playing in the background... beautiful. 

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

i really liked mafia 2 actually its prob the only game i played as much as gta4.

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

The ending of Mafia II was awesome, and mind blowing.  That ending made more of an impact on me than any other game I've played to date.  And I suffered through Saints Row 4 !  GTA 5 is better for me.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

was a f*cked up ending

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

Really enjoyed the first Mafia game. Mafia 2 not so much. It was ok but not memorable at all. The city was both small and boring with absolutely nothing to do outside the main story line. I traded it in pretty quickly after finishing it. I still have GTA IV and the DLC's and have played them each at least 3 times and spent many hours messing around in that game after finishing the story. So far GTA V is extremely fun. The story was ok but Michael's family problems really got on my nerves and Franklin wasn't used like he should have been but he was just the typical gangsta thug anyway which is nothing exciting. Trevor was the one thing that made V special. There's never been a character quite like Trevor and he was extremely enjoyable to play. Now I've been spending hours in the Online mode of the game and am having an absolute blast with it. I'll certainly be playing V for several months considering they have further plans for the Online component and there will most likely be some SP DLC coming as well. I'll take that over Mafia 2 any day of the week. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users