Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

which do you prefer

Cd90
  • Cd90

Wut u wunt boiiii

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

Bro. It is all about Mafia 2. 

The in-depth, originality of a mafia story line made me cry all the time. *WEEP*  :cry:

Canes21
  • Canes21

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

Two different games. Very different. Mafia II is more linear than GTA V and sets out to be different from V. It's a gritty, realistic game and knows that's all it is. It isn't content rich with 100's of activities, but it nails down the important aspects, recreates the eras perfectly, and is full of small details that make is a true work of art.

GTA V sets out to be truly open and does a great job. Tons of activities, missions, etc. Tons of small details in the world still. Seriously, every street is as detailed as the next. Nothing is bland, it's all unique and detailed. The LA vibe is incredible, the satire throughout the world is genius. 

Both games are different, but if I had to pick one to keep even though I'll always have both, GTA V all the way.

• TabooV2 likes this

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

gta v obviously

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

mafia 2 i like because the guns feel awesome, the sound effects are great and the car handling and cars are really fun.

the destruction of the game is also fun like metal sheets and gates break, windows shatter etc.

The only thing id say is the game is like 99.99% cutscenes which i skip and its very very linear game.

Not played GTAV. so cant comment

gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

I was very disappointed with m2 tbh, now M1 on the pc was masterpeice, 2 just never got anywhere near the original mafia..

For me its gta v hands down, but mafia 1 is my all-time fav
Game, awesome story and gameplay with gta v being very close behind...
  • -inVADER- likes this

Laveerre
  • Laveerre

You just lost the game

• BUSTED!
  • NATO

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Mafia 2 for storyline
GTA V for free roam and more things to do

Huso
  • Huso

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Mafia 2 ofc

Waiting on mafia 3 :)

DatDudeDB
  • DatDudeDB

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

Mafia 2 was such a dissapointment of a game for me. 

The first trailer, where Vito is in the church with his mother on christmas night created so much more atmosphere than the game ever created.

Overall, the game needed more content. I understand that Mafia 2 is a story heavy game, but they should've found out a way best to implement side missions, and more optional side activities and just really pull all of the potential into the world itself. 

reaszon
  • reaszon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

the biggest thing ive liked in mafia is that you can bribe the police but in gta v just approach some peds and u have one star and police start shooting

ColePhelps27
  • ColePhelps27

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

Mafia 2 had a far better storyline. 

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Mafia 2 storyline was the only thing good. Gameplay was garbage.

So V.

ShopToCustomer
  • ShopToCustomer

Ven rápido

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

mafia for story, GTA for f*cking about

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

Yeah but I think we can all agree that the original Mafia blows GTA V and Mafia 2 out of the water.

• -inVADER- and gizz01 like this

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

GTA V. Lol.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

mafia 2 was great but gta v beats the crap out of it

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Mafia 2 was a disgrace to be the followup of Mafia 1, let alone compete with GTA V.

But, don't get me wrong it is still a game worth playing, it's just not on the same level of Mafia 1 or any GTA for that matter.

gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Yeah but I think we can all agree that the original Mafia blows GTA V and Mafia 2 out of the water.

I would agree with that on the basis of what each game left you with after the first playthrough, the original mafia was 1st class and im yet to experience anything like it in a computer game...

The story telling was incredible, the mission were great, its just a shame it didn't get more publicity, the console port was a joke and imo killed the mafia series..

At the time the car physics were groundbreaking for such a game, the weight you felt in the cars was great, the world was as good as it got back then for its genre.....

Mafia 2 felt very weak in all areas imo, but thats compared to m1and m1 was awsome..... that story will never leave me, together with its characters.

M2..... tell you the truth ive forgot what the story was, a very weak effort in relation to M1 but the guy who wrote the story on m1 left 2k czech at the start of m2s development, rumour has it that the publishers put to many restraints on the development so they parted company.... that alone sealed the fate of the mafia series imo..

The last of us is the only title imo to compare with m1, it was that good, better than any movie ive seen too... a true work of art...

Publishers always f*ck games up because they just want to cater to the masses for the biggest profits, what they seem to stupid to realise is that the masses are never happy and with destroy anything put infront of them destroying any chance of a successful SERIES....... most series these days are just recycled trash... COD, FIFA and the like get away with adding some all baked mechanic an resell it as a new game and sell millions....... nice work if ya can get it lol...

Thats why im not pissed with R*, they had the balls to do something new, that has to be commended these days.....

So yea although m2 was a grate title in its right, it simply wasn't in M1s league. .. if u never played m1 on the pc, you missed out on something really special.....

Ill shut up now lol

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Mafia II. American gangsters, the 1940s/1950s, amazing level of detail, amazing storyline...it wins by a mile. GTA V is good as its own game in that particular genre, but Mafia II is a really good game.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Play the original Mafia. It's not a GTA wannabe like Mafia II was.

• gizz01 likes this

VVipeSide
  • VVipeSide

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Good comparison, both are very scripted games. Both look pretty identical.

It's close but I say Mafia 2 is more enjoyable.

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Also id say Mafia 2 has the best graphics of all open world games to date.

And for sure a small development team they did a stellar job. Nowhere near GTA V budget yet surprisingly almost possibly even better quality and detail.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:48 PM Edited by brootalperry, 08 October 2013 - 04:00 PM.

I would agree with that on the basis of what each game left you with after the first playthrough, the original mafia was 1st class and im yet to experience anything like it in a computer game...

The story telling was incredible, the mission were great, its just a shame it didn't get more publicity, the console port was a joke and imo killed the mafia series..

At the time the car physics were groundbreaking for such a game, the weight you felt in the cars was great, the world was as good as it got back then for its genre.....

Mafia 2 felt very weak in all areas imo, but thats compared to m1and m1 was awsome..... that story will never leave me, together with its characters.

M2..... tell you the truth ive forgot what the story was, a very weak effort in relation to M1 but the guy who wrote the story on m1 left 2k czech at the start of m2s development, rumour has it that the publishers put to many restraints on the development so they parted company.... that alone sealed the fate of the mafia series imo..

The last of us is the only title imo to compare with m1, it was that good, better than any movie ive seen too... a true work of art...

Publishers always f*ck games up because they just want to cater to the masses for the biggest profits, what they seem to stupid to realise is that the masses are never happy and with destroy anything put infront of them destroying any chance of a successful SERIES....... most series these days are just recycled trash... COD, FIFA and the like get away with adding some all baked mechanic an resell it as a new game and sell millions....... nice work if ya can get it lol...

Thats why im not pissed with R*, they had the balls to do something new, that has to be commended these days.....

So yea although m2 was a grate title in its right, it simply wasn't in M1s league. .. if u never played m1 on the pc, you missed out on something really special.....

Ill shut up now lol

The terrible PS2 port of Mafia is what made me into a PC gamer in the first place. I couldn't get past that  mission where you had to steal the race car in the middle of the night because on the PS2 version, the headlights on the cars don't work!

I got the disc version for PC and I loved it! I passed that mission on the first try! It's such a good game, even for today's standards. It's very unique. I don't know why 2K made Mafia II into a GTA clone. I hated it! Only good thing about it was the graphical improvements and PhysX support.

The story was good, but Mafia's story left a bigger impression on me. Wow what a plot twist! I never did trust Sam! 

Anyway, I wish if there was a Mafia III, it would go back to the Mafia I roots.

Also in Mafia I you could shoot a gun while driving your car, sit in the car with the engine off, refuel your car at gas stations (difference here is unlike Mafia II where it's a cut scene, it's done in real time and you have to turn the engine off before you pump the gas), take public transportation, get tickets for running red lights, when making a turn the car's blinker would come on, it had a free mode, mods! (60s car pack was the best), a story mode that I never get tired of, a big city with a country side, and you can switch between manual and automatic transmission for every vehicle available in the game.

• gizz01 likes this

gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

The terrible PS2 port of Mafia is what made me into a PC gamer in the first place. I couldn't get past that  mission where you had to steal the race car in the middle of the night because on the PS2 version, the headlights on the cars don't work!
I got the disc version for PC and I loved it! I passed that mission on the first try! It's such a good game, even for today's standards. It's very unique. I don't know why 2K made Mafia II into a GTA clone. I hated it! Only good thing about it was the graphical improvements and PhysX support.
The story was good, but Mafia's story left a bigger impression on me. Wow what a plot twist! I never did trust Sam! 
Anyway, I wish if there was a Mafia III, it would go back to the Mafia I roots.

Also in Mafia I you could shoot a gun while driving your car, sit in the car with the engine off, refuel your car at gas stations (difference here is unlike Mafia II where it's a cut scene, it's done in real time and you have to turn the engine off before you pump the gas), take public transportation, get tickets for running red lights, when making a turn the car's blinker would come on, it had a free mode, mods! (60s car pack was the best), a story mode that I never get tired of, a big city with a country side, and you can switch between manual and automatic transmission for every vehicle available in the game.

Totally agree...

I made the mistake of recommending it to a friend when it was released on PS2, when he told me it was sh*t I was slightly shocked untill I played it on ps2, absolute disaster of a port...

And lol at not trusting sam, yea I had a thing with him at the start lol...

Remember the farm mission? One of the best missions in a game ive played, pure class...

I dont know why but Michael reminds me of tommy just in a different era and and circumstances, but there was rumours that some ofmthe dev team responsible for m1 story helped out on gta v, but im not sure if this was ever proved.

I played m1 again about 2 years back, its still a grate experience even after all this time...... the airport mission decision still gets me to this day... and the ending..... omg lol

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

f*ck Mafia 2. The game was supposed to be something glorious, but instead you get a contrived story, one dimensional characters with little to no personality, a shallow storyline. Cut missions, crappy DLC, a world with nothing to do... yeah, great game.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:40 PM Edited by Cyper, 08 October 2013 - 04:44 PM.

Mafia 2 was not that good. Writer of Mafia 1 story also left the crew half-through the development of the game.

No wonder.

A lot of stuff was cut from Mafia II and some of it sold as worthless, expensive DLCs, and the rest never saw the light.

I stil prefer MAFIA 1 but mafia 2 was till a great game in the franchise

Muhammad Hamdan
  • Muhammad Hamdan

Spammaster

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Are you for real? Mafia II can be compared to TBoGT,TLAD Sleeping Dogs and so on but not with GTA V it's been three f*ckin' years 

Waldie
  • Waldie

Private Dick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:49 PM Edited by Waldie, 08 October 2013 - 04:50 PM.

I thought Mafia II was decent enough, but it doesn't even begin to compare to GTA V - or even IV for that matter.

gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:00 PM Edited by gizz01, 08 October 2013 - 05:03 PM.

Mafia 2 was not that good. Writer of Mafia 1 story also left the crew half-through the development of the game.

No wonder.

A lot of stuff was cut from Mafia II and some of it sold as worthless, expensive DLCs, and the rest never saw the light.

I stil prefer MAFIA 1 but mafia 2 was till a great game in the franchise

Yea thats what I was saying above, loosing Daniel Vavra (writer and director of M1) basicly sealed the fate of m2, he is a magician with story telling...

He his supposed to own the rights to mafia and therefore able to go to another dev team with it if he likes, not sure if its true but can u imagine Daniel Vavra working on the same project together????? OMG I think I just soiled myself.....

poff
  • poff

Squid

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

the police system was just awesome, not to mention driving on Mafia 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users