Is Constant Swearing a Prerequisite

40 replies to this topic
SodaFiz
  • SodaFiz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

/rant

Dont get me wrong,  the occasional swearing is normal. online/offline. but i find with GTAO ever single session i have been in since launch, the language is getting to be unbearable. f*ck this f*ck that, f*ck you bitch, f*ck f*ck f*ck and more f*ck.

Worse - being a female player. You are a target for everyone else. I play with my mic but i shut it occasionally. You get into groups and the men are like " whos is this dumb ass bitch?" The one that out shoots and out drives you idiot.

Really ? Is this how the younger generation views women? Ass dumb ass bitches?

Is there any mature adult players, if there there is, ffs show your hands.

/rant

SmokeCheeba
  • SmokeCheeba

Just chillin'

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:37 AM Edited by SmokeCheeba, 08 October 2013 - 04:37 AM.

*Raises hand*....

But ya, console games online are usually like this unfortunately.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:37 AM Edited by ProGamerGov, 08 October 2013 - 04:38 AM.

Ignore the assholes, the plus side girl gamers have guys that literally help them do everything and would give them in game money. You just have to realize there are immature people out there and there are people who don't give a f*ck about gender and treate people based on personality like me.

I suggest finding s group of mature people (maturity does not mean age ever I have found) and then bring the pain on those immature assholes.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

men usually treat females as inferior... its in our nature... always has been... thats why men were so against equality back when it first happened... its male human nature... but just dont listen to them...

guys are assholes... im a guy and i admit it...

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

I hear ya. Is there no group chat of sorts where these clowns can talk "hard"to one another without annoying the rest of the server?

schmohawk
  • schmohawk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

strong wk in here

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

Here's what you do...

...grow thicker skin or play with friends.

It's kids yelling while we all play with a toy, essentially. Don't let it get to you.

You can join our clan if you want. We're crude as sh*t, but we're generally clever and don't actually hate women.

Also, we're all mostly married, so no creepers.

http://socialclub.ro...crew/gtaolegion

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

/rant

Dont get me wrong,  the occasional swearing is normal. online/offline. but i find with GTAO ever single session i have been in since launch, the language is getting to be unbearable. f*ck this f*ck that, f*ck you bitch, f*ck f*ck f*ck and more f*ck.

Worse - being a female player. You are a target for everyone else. I play with my mic but i shut it occasionally. You get into groups and the men are like " whos is this dumb ass bitch?" The one that out shoots and out drives you idiot.

/rant

i put voice settings to just friends/crew that way i don't have to hear any idiots

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

/rant

/rant

I experienced similar issues with people online back when my voice was pretty high. I got to listen to older people or people younger than me with a lower voice tell me how immature and stupid I was while they themselves were acting much more immature. It really does ruin the game at times I know, but it's something you just have to ignore or get revenge. :)

SodaFiz
  • SodaFiz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

oh i know men are assholes so are women, its a give and take relationship we have. I have been gobsmacked at the reaction i have heard regarding a female player. I have been playing games since the good old days of pong. those old enough well you remember, its how we all started. Never in any co-op or multi-player have i heard this kind of verbal abuse towards women.

I know a lot of younger people play this, but i am really looking for people in my age group to play with.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

oh i know men are assholes so are women, its a give and take relationship we have. I have been gobsmacked at the reaction i have heard regarding a female player. I have been playing games since the good old days of pong. those old enough well you remember, its how we all started. Never in any co-op or multi-player have i heard this kind of verbal abuse towards women.

I know a lot of younger people play this, but i am really looking for people in my age group to play with.

I suggest just ignore age all together when looking for mature players. Maturity does not come with age and never will.

SodaFiz
  • SodaFiz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:45 AM Edited by SodaFiz, 08 October 2013 - 04:45 AM.

Here's what you do...

...grow thicker skin or play with friends.

It's kids yelling while we all play with a toy, essentially. Don't let it get to you.

You can join our clan if you want. We're crude as sh*t, but we're generally clever and don't actually hate women.

Also, we're all mostly married, so no creepers.

http://socialclub.ro...crew/gtaolegion

I have thick skin, i am also an avid pvp player. what i am taking about is the verbal abuse towards women.

DropUrBritches
  • DropUrBritches

Official

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

I mean hey......your playing GTA Online. Can you really expect more from people after playing a story mode with Trevor. Who consistantly talked about getting handjobs and having sex with dead bodies of other males -_-

You should turn the table....start talking crazy as soon as you get into a lobby.......i bet you hear crickets or a little giggle then silence

SodaFiz
  • SodaFiz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

/rant

/rant

I experienced similar issues with people online back when my voice was pretty high. I got to listen to older people or people younger than me with a lower voice tell me how immature and stupid I was while they themselves were acting much more immature. It really does ruin the game at times I know, but it's something you just have to ignore or get revenge. :)

my favorite revenge so far, taking a baseball bat to a guy's head.

SodaFiz
  • SodaFiz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:50 AM

/rant

/rant

i put voice settings to just friends/crew that way i don't have to hear any idiots

i would but i dont have any friends on ps3 network or here in GTAO. all my gaming is done on the pc. My gamer group doesnt like GTAO, tried to get them over but it was a no go.

Irken
  • Irken

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:52 AM Edited by Irken, 08 October 2013 - 04:53 AM.

men usually treat females as inferior... its in our nature... always has been... thats why men were so against equality back when it first happened... its male human nature... but just dont listen to them...

guys are assholes... im a guy and i admit it...

It's not human nature, it's cultural. Most cultures are pretty misogynistic around the world.

FYI I don't hate women or single them out online. 

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

the game itself is full of swearing... im getting tired of muting this idiots that cant even use a mic correctly... to much breathing, to many dogs barking, to many mothers yelling at their kids, to many dumb asses that forget they even have a mic, then we have the people that have no life and pretend to masturbate.. 

i could careless about the swearing.. i rather see mic disable once "forever" then 500 times per day.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:52 AM Edited by ProGamerGov, 08 October 2013 - 04:56 AM.

[/quote]my favorite revenge so far, taking a baseball bat to a guy's head.[/quote][/quote]

[quote name="ProGamerGov" post="1063651460" timestamp="1381207382"][quote name="SodaFiz" post="1063651415" timestamp="1381206913"]
/rant

/rant
[/quote]I experienced similar issues with people online back when my voice was pretty high. I got to listen to older people or people younger than me with a lower voice tell me how immature and stupid I was while they themselves were acting much more immature. It really does ruin the game at times I know, but it's something you just have to ignore or get revenge. :)
[/quote] 

Not really related but someone gave me the middle finger as he drove by, so I picked him up in the cargo bob and the dropper him from max height above the reservoir. He handsome very colorful language from that and hopefully learned his lesson.
my favorite revenge so far, taking a baseball bat to a guy's head.

Not really related but someone gave me the middle finger as he drove by, so I picked him up in the cargo bob and the dropper him from max height above the reservoir. He handsome very colorful language from that and hopefully learned his lesson.

Edit: well, I made a mess of this forum post.
  • SodaFiz likes this

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

/rant

/rant

i would but i dont have any friends on ps3 network or here in GTAO. all my gaming is done on the pc. My gamer group doesnt like GTAO, tried to get them over but it was a no go.

i know that feeling i tried getting my friends to play swtor but there all console people.you could of rolled with us but were on xbox

Pontuzz
  • Pontuzz

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

Mature nah but know how to respect people :)

AkumaBrad
  • AkumaBrad

Gramma Natsi

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:58 AM

I swear a lot more when:

• I drink
  • I play online games
  • I do both

But, I don't generally swear at people. I might swear while talking to them, such as: "Sh*t, that guy nearly took me out!". It's more an emphasis thing. "For f*ck sake", is one of my favourite phrases during deathmatch, but I usually switch my mic off for them anyway.

As for the female thing, I couldn't care who I play with. You could be a woman, twelve years old, gay/lesbian, hermaphrodite, half-man/half-unicorn, etc.

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:03 AM Edited by Mavsynchroid, 08 October 2013 - 05:03 AM.

Side note. If you find a good crew that's mature and friendly to micless players please let me know!

29 myself
  • SodaFiz likes this

SodaFiz
  • SodaFiz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:05 AM Edited by SodaFiz, 08 October 2013 - 05:07 AM.

I swear a lot more when:

• I drink
  • I play online games
  • I do both

But, I don't generally swear at people. I might swear while talking to them, such as: "Sh*t, that guy nearly took me out!". It's more an emphasis thing. "For f*ck sake", is one of my favourite phrases during deathmatch, but I usually switch my mic off for them anyway.

As for the female thing, I couldn't care who I play with. You could be a woman, twelve years old, gay/lesbian, hermaphrodite, half-man/half-unicorn, etc.

swearing is normal, i get that, i do it myself, but i don't swear at people. i try and respect all players. game time is down time. I just think tonight it really got to me. i have fun playing games and I love shooting all the things. i will spend time even punching out the npcs' to skill up my strength,

one mission tonight, a car landed on my car, i guess some glitch when you start. this guy got mad, i got into my car. his friends wait for him, he  gets in mine i start to drive, he jumps out i stop then he proceeds to blow out my tires. at the start of a mission mind you. we were all on the same team. and kept calling me bitch. i am like wtf... it was a whole night of this stuff.  since launch ( since ps3 players could play) i have seen at the max 10 other female players.

I really do not want to play this solo. but at what i am seeing so far, it looks like i am heading down that road if i dont find a good group of people to  play with.

SodaFiz
  • SodaFiz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

Side note. If you find a good crew that's mature and friendly to micless players please let me know!

29 myself

i use my mic, just not all the time, i prefer skype over built in game voice.

AkumaBrad
  • AkumaBrad

Gramma Natsi

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

I swear a lot more when:

• I drink
  • I play online games
  • I do both

swearing is normal, i get that, i do it myself, but i don't swear at people. i try and respect all players. game time is down time. I just think tonight it really got to me. i have fun playing games and I love shooting all the things. i will spend time even punching out the npcs' to skill up my strength,

one mission tonight, a car landed on my car, i guess some glitch when you start. this guy got mad, i got into my car. his friends wait for him, he  gets in mine i start to drive, he jumps out i stop then he proceeds to blow out my tires. at the start of a mission mind you. we were all on the same team. and kept calling me bitch. i am like wtf... it was a whole night of this stuff.  since launch ( since ps3 players could play) i have seen at the max 10 other female players.

I really do not want to play this solo. but at what i am seeing so far, it looks like i am heading down that road if i dont find a good group of people to  play with.

My cousin (female) plays online on the PS3. I could PM you her PSN and give her a heads up if you want?

Born_Homicidal
  • Born_Homicidal

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

my crew and I play with a female and we never hear sh*t from retards online, I guess we intimidate them or something lol//

DropUrBritches
  • DropUrBritches

Official

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

Thats why you should jump to XBOX. There are alot of female gamers and its better "/ 

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

This game seems to bring out the annoying kiddies in force.

I constantly hear the N word, F word and another prerequisite seems to be having your television too loud so the game is picked up by the mic and you also need to sing along to the music.

Most of the other games I play on my PS3 have much more mature people to socialize with. Too bad there are so many parents out there that raised little annoying brats and bought them this game they shouldn't even be playing. I'm sure the parents can't be bothered to actually parent though...

AlwayzFr0sty
  • AlwayzFr0sty

There's No Oxygen In Heaven

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:29 AM

Thats why you should jump to XBOX. There are alot of female gamers and its better "/ 

Haha if only this was true..../cry

Coltfanjay
  • Coltfanjay

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:44 AM

Coltfanjay psn. You can add me. I'm 42, married and have 3 daughters. The word bitch is unknown to me :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users