Install GTA on two thumb drives?

6 replies to this topic
iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

i have no hdd for my xbox currently due to being a broke ass.... but i do have two thumb drives.

however, i have only installed the disc one on one thumb drive and am noticing the texture issue waaaaaay too often. is there a way around this with no hdd and only thumb drives? its becoming almost unplayable with items loading right in front of me. so should i go ahead and try to install the play disc on the other thumb drive?

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

As long as the thumb drives up to speed standards it should be doable to install to two. It's no different than say installing one disc to a HDD and another to a thumb drive. Which coincidentally is my current setup.

• iiGh0STt likes this

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

No, that will not work.

You need to install it to ONE flash drive or a hard drive.

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Sly Bastard

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

It works, I've installed it like this and I've had zero pop up issues.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

No, that will not work.

You need to install it to ONE flash drive or a hard drive.

why? how did you get this information? when i have multiple people telling me it will work and only one person saying it will not, i would like an explanation.

silvermerc50
  • silvermerc50

Gaming since 1984

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:59 AM Edited by silvermerc50, 10 October 2013 - 05:01 AM.

Two flash drives will work. For safe measure though, I would make sure they are at least the same size, at least a 2.0 usb and at least a 15/Mb read, and just for kicks from the same company.  I installed both disks to a 32gb sandisk flash drive and have no problems so far with over 115 hours played. Plus you can download software such as Horizon or Modio to make backups of your flash drive onto a PC. Or if you have some money lying around purchase a transfer cable.

• iiGh0STt likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

Two flash drives will work. For safe measure though, I would make sure they are at least the same size, at least a 2.0 usb and at least a 15/Mb read, and just for kicks from the same company.  I installed both disks to a 32gb sandisk flash drive and have no problems so far with over 115 hours played. Plus you can download software such as Horizon or Modio to make backups of your flash drive onto a PC. Or if you have some money lying around purchase a transfer cable.

lol.. if i had some money to spare on this old POS xbox i would buy an hdd... its a refurb i just bought for gta only too, and it has overheated twice... if only you could see this ghetto ass fan set up i have on it. im not buying anything because i spent so much on the xbox one already. also, my mom (who was deployed to bahrain on a lazy ass one year assignment) was living good over there and has a newer xbox coming with her storage, so she was nice enough to let me have since i am struggling with rent alone. thanks mommy lol. gotta love em.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users