Quantcast

» «
Photo

Starting a party, joining a game? WHY IS THIS MISSING?

14 replies to this topic
theJFKshow
  • theJFKshow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:28 AM Edited by theJFKshow, 08 October 2013 - 09:47 PM.

Just tried to play GTA Online with some friends. It was a headache.

Simple.

Why can't I start a party with 2 or 3 friends, then join a mission/race/deathmatch lobby with other parties/people?

Why can't I invite my friends to the quick job I just joined?

Am I missing something obvious?

Right now, I have to find a mission on the map, host it (only the host can invite people), invite my friends or just the 16 people in free roam with me. I can't even start a random quick job and bring my friends with me. This makes it virtually impossible to create a full 8v8 team deathmatch (especially if you're not the host), unless everyone in your lobby accepts, or if you have 16 friends online at once.

That's ridiculous. Has Rockstar played an online game before? Why is this so confusing?

theJFKshow
  • theJFKshow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:39 AM Edited by theJFKshow, 08 October 2013 - 03:40 AM.

We ended up racing and doing a few missions, just the 3 of us. Got boring with no one else.

Tried to invite people from free roam, but no one would join. However, I'm sure there was another party out there that wanted to join a job at the same time. But, it's impossible. WHY ROCKSTAR? WHYYYY?

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

Just host a mission, invite your friends, and go from there.

You can choose to invite randoms afterwards.

theJFKshow
  • theJFKshow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:44 AM Edited by theJFKshow, 08 October 2013 - 03:44 AM.

That's what's wrong. My only option is inviting a few randoms from free roam. Hardly any usually join.

Why can't another party join us? Why can't a player join and invite their friends too?

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

Yeah I'm NOT liking the missing party feature. For instance today me and a friend had a random cruise up on us and perform a drive by. I had my ak out so I instantly auto aimed and sh*t. Guess who I auto aimed? Yeah, the guy closest to me. My friend. Remember in rdr when you joined a posse aka a party and instantly your characters weren't hostile towards each other? I have no idea why rockstar would leave this out. So stupid.

theJFKshow
  • theJFKshow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:55 AM Edited by theJFKshow, 08 October 2013 - 03:56 AM.

Yeah I'm NOT liking the missing party feature. For instance today me and a friend had a random cruise up on us and perform a drive by. I had my ak out so I instantly auto aimed and sh*t. Guess who I auto aimed? Yeah, the guy closest to me. My friend. Remember in rdr when you joined a posse aka a party and instantly your characters weren't hostile towards each other? I have no idea why rockstar would leave this out. So stupid.

Exactly! I wish it would spawn us next to each other too. AT LEAST have my friend's blips a different color. 

Parties seem like a no brainer.. Seriously should be the most important part of online. Playing with friends is kind of a pain in the ass.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:01 AM Edited by SpidersWeb, 08 October 2013 - 04:04 AM.

That's what's wrong. My only option is inviting a few randoms from free roam. Hardly any usually join.

Why can't another party join us? Why can't a player join and invite their friends too?

But it is there, that's why I'm confused by your post. There is "Auto-Invite", "Friends" and "Crew" options in the event setup. It is not limited to random people in free roam. 

Once you're together, you can use Auto-Invite to fetch the randoms. 

Once you've played a few missions together, you can select "Freemode" from the continue screen which will drop you in to the same Free Roam lobby.

I say this because I join a lobby, with no other crew members, then I receive an invite from another crew member, and join the mission (which has lots of crew members in it). We do this most nights, and just keep doing one event after the other until we need a break and head to free roam (some hang out in game, others go do stuff) until someone hosts another mission set and invites us again.

Edit: some of the party mode features are not there (mentioned above), but you can still meet up with and hang out with your friends / crew as the OP requested. You can also, from the GTA Online main menu, join a lobby containing other crew members etc. 

Edit2: ahhh I get it now, he wants to JOIN and then invite. The trick is to HOST and then invite.

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

Actually your friends have a blue ring around their dot. Crew members have your crew color around their dot.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:03 AM Edited by GTALegion, 08 October 2013 - 04:04 AM.

Exactly! I wish it would spawn us next to each other too. AT LEAST have my friend's blips a different color. 

Parties seem like a no brainer.. Seriously should be the most important part of online. Playing with friends is kind of a pain in the ass.

Join a crew. Play with crew. Crews have color on blip to distinguish from randoms.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

Actually your friends have a blue ring around their dot. Crew members have your crew color around their dot.

My crew colour is blue D:

theJFKshow
  • theJFKshow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:20 AM Edited by theJFKshow, 08 October 2013 - 04:27 AM.

Many of my friends are not in my crew. Many of my crew members' friends are not in my crew. This makes it impossible for certain people to join depending on the host.

Mainly, I want to bring my crew/friends with me to an auto job (which joins other parties/people/crews).

Parties are NOT the same thing as crews. That would be like parties being clan exclusive in Call of Duty. I have many friends in different clans, and I can still play together with all of them (even if I'm not the host). In COD, I can join a game, and invite my friends to my party & that game (whenever I want). Why is this missing in GTA? Huge feature.

The entire premise of a single player hosting games in GTA Online is flawed. Why is it necessary? Game customization often hurts player experience. Everyone chooses sports cars. It should really be completely random and/or predetermined. Time of day and weather shouldn't be customizable. Anyone should be able to join and invite unless you start a private game.

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

Yeah, crew or not I can still accidentally punch/shoot my crew members, there's no way for our characters unhostile towards each other. Kind of makes being in a crew pointless when it comes to free roam.

rexmaverik
  • rexmaverik

Career Gamer/NO BS

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

Just tried to play GTA Online with some friends. It was a headache.

Simple.

Why can't I start a party with 2 or 3 friends, then join a random mission/race/deathmatch with other parties/people?

Why can't I invite my friends to the quick job I just joined?

Am I missing something obvious?

Right now, I have to find a mission on the map, host it (only the host can invite people), invite my friends or just the 16 people in free roam with me. I can't even start a random quick job and bring my friends with me. This makes it virtually impossible to create a full 8v8 team deathmatch (especially if you're not the host), unless everyone in your lobby accepts, or if you have 16 friends online at once.

That's ridiculous. Has Rockstar played an online game before? Why is this so confusing?

Man, you said it. I couldn't find the F'n words but you nailed. WTH happened to party play? not just random teams. We get credit as a crew but I wanna play WITH my crew.

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

The few matches I've been in with my friends (and crew member) so far, we were put against eachother. Wtf is that?

Matchmaking is definitely flawed. I can never get a full match going. Doesn't matter whether it's a race or death match, no one ever seems interested.

GTA IV worked infintely better, as I was actually able to find matches that people ( more then one or two) would come to.

theJFKshow
  • theJFKshow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Just sent Rockstar a long feedback email about the lack of real parties (COD style). Let's see if I can get their attention.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users