Photo

Unlocking Character Slots?

5 replies to this topic
Punkcherri
  • Punkcherri

The Realest

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:51 AM Edited by Punkcherri, 08 October 2013 - 02:52 AM.

How do you unlock more character slots? It would be nice to have more than 2. I've been looking around the internet a bit and only found people theorizing but no confirmed or definite answer. So far, people think you either max out one of your first 2 characters and that unlocks more as you max them out or that you simply buy them with real world currency... I'd hate to see the second one but they do support microtransactions so the idea isn't THAT hard to believe. So, anyone know?

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

My theory is they are not unlockable as of the moment. Rockstar trying to have gated progression in the game to limit people's ability to "finish" it. Gotta keep it relevant if they want to make money off you.

Punkcherri
  • Punkcherri

The Realest

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:59 AM Edited by Punkcherri, 08 October 2013 - 03:01 AM.

Its weird that there is nothing anywhere about it. It doesn't really make a difference as far as gating progress because once you max or get tired of one character, you can delete it and make a new one... same idea.

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

I would like to know this as well.  I bought the game Thursday so I was already a few days behind the online debut and I had already read about everyone losing characters so I made 2 and I have been switching back and forth between them in case one got deleted.  Knock on wood but so far so good - I haven't lost anything on either one yet.  Perhaps it's because I have been switching between them fairly often (and thus forcing game saves more often) or maybe I'm just lucky.  Made my first character after the first patch so maybe my account is on better ground starting off - who knows.

Anyway both my slots are already used up and I've been watching youtube videos and I am inspired by some people's character creations and I want to make another renegade to lay waste to the world lol

Punkcherri
  • Punkcherri

The Realest

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:10 AM

No one seems to know... I've stumped the forums, I guess.

Zanje
  • Zanje

Stand up guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

I assume later down the road they will allow people to buy the extra character slots like F2P MMO'S tend to (guild wars 2, everquest 2, ETC.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users