Photo

What happened to the old families?

21 replies to this topic
libertycitymobster326
  • libertycitymobster326

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

Why is there no mention of the Leones or the Forellis in this game? I love the new families, but it would've cool if they had at least made reference to them a few times.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

So this is the American Dream?

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

Different universes.

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

My guess is that the old families got taken down by the FIB under RICO laws. 

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

Characters from 3D Universe don't exist in the new universe.

libertycitymobster326
  • libertycitymobster326

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

I used to believe that, but how come in GTA V Grove Street and Ballas from SA are back? Same colors and everything.

Anzand17
  • Anzand17

V.I.P

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

I used to believe that, but how come in GTA V Grove Street and Ballas from SA are back? Same colors and everything.

Yeah rockstar just doesnt give a f*ck haha.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

Because the two cities aren't connected. IV-era Liberty City is based on New York and New Jersey, whereas III-era Liberty City is based on a generic East Coast city.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

forum prankster haha i prank u!!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

Rockstar are retards and don't care how upset people get by saying that people before GTA IV didn't exist.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

Who get upset then he got a problem. I can understand it perfectly and I don't have problem with pre IV characters being dead. 

Ballas, Vagos and Aztecas are back because they are symbolic LS gangs as Bloods and Crips. Characters from these gangs are not coming back though. And the GSF doesn't exist in V. 

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

It's a confusing thing when Rockstar ignore their own rules, but look at it this way, the Mafia families in GTA3 wern't based on any real life mobsters. Families and Ballas (as well as Aztecas and Vagos) ARE based on real life gangs even back in San Andreas.

So with GTA IV, since GTA III wasn't based on actual gangs, they decided to re-do them, so that's why you have the five families as well as gangs like The Lost MC (based partly on Hell's Angels NYC for clubhouse design, and Outlaws MC for overall gang style). So now in GTA V, they carried on using those gangs because they were already based on real life gangs, but notice how they don't have the same history, there was no CJ, there was no Sweet, etc. These gangs are the same in name, colors and style, but that's it.

libertycitymobster326
  • libertycitymobster326

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:00 PM Edited by libertycitymobster326, 10 October 2013 - 07:01 PM.

It's a confusing thing when Rockstar ignore their own rules, but look at it this way, the Mafia families in GTA3 wern't based on any real life mobsters. Families and Ballas (as well as Aztecas and Vagos) ARE based on real life gangs even back in San Andreas.

So with GTA IV, since GTA III wasn't based on actual gangs, they decided to re-do them, so that's why you have the five families as well as gangs like The Lost MC (based partly on Hell's Angels NYC for clubhouse design, and Outlaws MC for overall gang style). So now in GTA V, they carried on using those gangs because they were already based on real life gangs, but notice how they don't have the same history, there was no CJ, there was no Sweet, etc. These gangs are the same in name, colors and style, but that's it.

You got that right, as much as I hate to accept it. And the new families in IV are actually based on the real mafia families of New York and New Jersey. The Leones I think were more based off the Corleones from the Godfather.

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

Different universes.

That is stupid to say considering most of the gangs from Sanandreas came forward to V.

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Who even cares about the Leones, Forellis and Sindaccos?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You sing about breaking faces! LCHC!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Screw the old families. Faustin is the best crime boss ever to appear in a GTA game.

• Zello likes this

adictoGTA
  • adictoGTA

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

Why is there no mention of the Leones or the Forellis in this game? I love the new families, but it would've cool if they had at least made reference to them a few times.

you meet a stranger as Franklin and she says her dad is actually a really good fried of the gambethi family (the old man from the hospital missions in GTA IV)

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

you meet a stranger as Franklin and she says her dad is actually a really good fried of the gambethi family (the old man from the hospital missions in GTA IV)

I think he meant to reference the old families, not the new ones.

libertycitymobster326
  • libertycitymobster326

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

Who even cares about the Leones, Forellis and Sindaccos?

They represent an entire era of GTA, the era that started it all. It would just be cool to find out what they've been up to.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8

Hove Beach Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Yeah, I don't like the fact that R* went out of their way to act as though previous characters never existed. Sh*t is stupid.
I still want closure on Donald Love's disappearance from GTA III.

libertycitymobster326
  • libertycitymobster326

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

Yeah, I don't like the fact that R* went out of their way to act as though previous characters never existed. Sh*t is stupid.

He actually appears in GTA IV on the cover of the Liberty Tree newspaper.

KubilayLP
  • KubilayLP

Youtuber

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

Yeah rockstar just doesnt give a f*ck haha.

Exactly :D

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Same as the cities in general actually. While both the 3D and HD versions of Los Santos are heavily based on Los Angeles, the 3D version of Liberty City was only inspired by New York City as well as other east-coast cities. The HD version of Liberty City however was a full on NYC caricature.

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

He actually appears in GTA IV on the cover of the Liberty Tree newspaper.

And on the Vinewood Walk of Fame

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users