Photo

how close does los santos resemble los Angeles

8 replies to this topic
moe the chef
  • moe the chef

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

I've lived in nyc my whole life and the one thing I loved about gta 4 was how close to nyc it looks anyone from los Angeles think los santos is just as close

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

From LA here, the only (real) realism is the drivers and of course the pier and a strip mall or two.
Everything else is based on it but not very accurate remakes.

Not even Universal Studios was reproduced correctly.

Cheers!

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

LA born and raised. GTA V's Los Santos is an extremely condensed version of Los Angeles, but most of the landmarks are geographically accurate :). Santa Monica Pier, 3rd Street Promenade, Venice, and the Hollywood Walk of Fame are all well done. The thing is, everything just feels so close together. You can drive from Hollywood to Downtown very quickly, in reality that drive would take forever.

Strengthcamp
  • Strengthcamp

Employee

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:44 AM Edited by Jbenz1, 08 October 2013 - 04:45 AM.

I'm not from California but I visited LA, and LS certainly has that California vibe to it. It doesn't look exactly like it, but you can still sense what's what. The vine wood sign is located east of the observatory, but in real life the Hollywood sign is west of it. Speaking of which, I was a little freaked out at how accurate the observatory looked in comparison to the real griffiths observatory.

hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

From LA here, the only (real) realism is the drivers and of course the pier and a strip mall or two.

Cheers!

even though i never been to california i thought the studio gates looked like the one's for paramount studios.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

I'm from SoCal (El Toro in the house) and while it captures the 'feel' of LA it's definitely mega condensed. Like, you aren't gonna make it from south central to Hollywood in any short fashion, especially if the sun is up. But it's a game and if they recreated the legendary traffic from out here the game would suck.

I think they took the best parts and made a videogame version of it, and in that respect it's very good. Never made it out to NYC, but IV seemed to do a good job. Glad a local like the OP thinks the same

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

Cheers!

even though i never been to california i thought the studio gates looked like the one's for paramount studios.

You'd think that they'd have recreated the largest (and best) studios, right?

Cd90
  • Cd90

Wut u wunt boiiii

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

Cheers!

You'd think that they'd have recreated the largest (and best) studios, right?

Ur so stupid. uT just studios, Ut Hus Nu uFFect. :breadfish:

bensons
  • bensons

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

Well you can't see the city centre from muscle beach for a start.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users