Photo

Anyone else disappointed with the tank?

13 replies to this topic
Pepsi-Cola
  • Pepsi-Cola

Pittsburgh,PA

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

Doesn't seem like the tanks really last long when running over vehicles and blowing them up. Also they need a tank cheat. 

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

Doesn't seem like the tanks really last long when running over vehicles and blowing them up. Also they need a tank cheat. 

Yes, if you get a wanted level and once they start shooting your engine... you are f*cked after 8 minutes.

thefik
  • thefik

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

some things suck.  its "tires" can be shot out.  things blow up too easy when you crush them, its like watching a bruckheimer movie.  the suspension on it behaves strangely offroad.  you should be able to fire the coaxial MG. and IMO they should have used controls similar to the helicopter, so you can turn when you are stopped

but the main gun IS fun, and the gyro-stabilization of the turret is nice

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

I was hoping for more of a San Andreas style of tank gameplay, where you were almost indestructible, and every car you touched exploded. It was fun, over the top, and a huge part of what made GTA games so much fun. The police are so much stronger now, that it really reduces the rampage part of free roam hijinks.

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Of The Coming Ĉon

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

No, but it gets extremely irritating how if they're around, you cannot get into any vehicle without them immediately blowing it up.

I put on the invincibility cheat to get into Fort Zancudo (or whatever it's called) and tried to steal a fighter jet or just a big jumbo plane. Every single one I entered was blown up almost immediately and it got so annoying I just gave up.

I later finally stole a fighter jet and it got blown up in mid air somehow.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

Cars have major armor but Tanks can be blown up releatively easy. R* has a lot of ignorance when it comes to man toys. If you watch the wheels on a semi trailer(lorry) you will see the wheels on the trailer spinning with the semi. I give R* the biggest face palm possible when I seen that. They put a little Toyota horn on a full-size pick up truck. These guys at R* know nothing about stuff like this, obviously. It's just ignorance in design. Same thing with Bull dozers and yooks(rock trucks). Run over car, get blown up. Between that and the heli controls, I guess R* just doesn't want us to have any fun.

• WildBrick142 likes this

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

tank speed/handling is much better.....

tank durability not so much. 

so far my longest time at 5 stars was with the tank. :^:

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

The huge dump truck and the tank should be able to take the damage of rolling over a car and it exploding. I'm not at all concerned with realism as far as that goes. I just want to have fun with them. The tank and that big truck don't last long enough. I lasted longer in the Rhino from GTA IV than I do in this hardened combat tank. That's kind of sad. I also hate that there's no cheat to get one quickly. Every time it gets blown up I have to drive all the way back to my hanger. It just gets old fast. No idea why these developers often have no clue what people really find fun in their games. They take something that should be simple mindless enjoyment and try to put these rule sets on it that strip away every ounce of fun related to it. Stop trying to make it into the real world and realize we just want a big play ground to go goof around in where real world rules don't necessarily apply.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

The rampages are much shorter in length now, and it's VERY costly at $5000 per respawn at the nearest hospital. The design of this game really hampers the free roam.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Carrera ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:08 AM

The tank is quite disappointing. I was able to steal and Enforcer and it was basically unstoppable even when two tires popped out. The only thing that stopped it was a tank's missle but that was only because I got in it's way. The tank, on the other hand, is weak and can't even stay on the road during a 5 star chase for loner than 4 minutes. The enforcer seems the way to go lol. The cops can't shoot you but you can shoot them too.

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

it's VERY costly at $5000 per respawn at the nearest hospital. The design of this game really hampers the free roam.

i'm making about $5000+ per in-game hour with michael.  :yawn:

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

TANK IT´S JUST CRAP LIKE THE BUZZARD. IN GTA IV LIBERTY CITY EPISODES WAS BRUTAL IN THIS IS JUST sh*t

Powner811
  • Powner811

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

TANK IT´S JUST CRAP LIKE THE BUZZARD. IN GTA IV LIBERTY CITY EPISODES WAS BRUTAL IN THIS IS JUST sh*t

GTA 4 ELC didnt have a tank, it was APC, APC and tanks are completely different types of heavy armoured military vehicles.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

random fanatic

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Yep, I avoid colliding with on-coming vehicles because it takes about three explosions to finish off the tank. They made hedges stronger.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users