59 replies to this topic
Aby1
  • Aby1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hello GTA users,

4KknG.jpg

As you can see in that picture, there are no railroad sign or crossing gates and that is a road.

I would simply like to propose rockstar adding both a RR crossing sign plus the crossing gates at at that spot to prevent fatalities.

Thank you. :)

(PS: My car duped in the making of this picture.)

• Devbinks, B Dawg, Khaos89 and 3 others like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

That's it. This is the final straw. How could they possibly release the game like this they should have waited until Nov 1

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

Levano
  • Levano

::

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

Thanks for warning us OP.. Wouldn't be cool if someone got run over by a train because there was no crossing sign!

• rexmaverik likes this

Pieee
  • Pieee

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

Wow forget the servers not working and everything else. They NEED to fix this asap, I don't even think i can play the game anymore because of the danger of crossing the tracks because they forgot to put signs

• Rodgerzzz likes this

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captive Soul

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

WOAH...Thanks for the heads up. Saved my life!

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

Also its unfair to the deaf because they rely on those signs and gates since they cant hear the engine coming. Hasn't rockstar ever heard of the americans with disabilities act

• cliftonshumpert, Itzreality and Ludda like this

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captive Soul

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

Always make sure to look both ways :)

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Why don't they look...

http://youtu.be/Naix-f6KSIg?t=18m24s

GH05TF4CE
  • GH05TF4CE

I love lamp

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

I am willing to be a lollipop man for hire. Make sure everyone crosses safely.

• JoeB likes this

m33ts4k0z
  • m33ts4k0z

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:35 PM Edited by m33ts4k0z, 07 October 2013 - 10:36 PM.

Lol this is the utopia that some players of GTA:O live in at the moment. Just because they have no issues they are trying to make pointless suggestions :D

TheShark33
  • TheShark33

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

As someone who works for the railroad not all crossing have signals and crossings arms that come down. This is especially true in remote rural areas. Some crossings in the country side won't even have signs. Crossing signals are usually only found in towns, cities or heavily trafficked areas.

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

This is completely unacceptable. We need to bring this issue to R* IMMEDIATLY!

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

newsflash not all railroad crossings in real life have a gate that drops down...especially out in the boonies

Wikiderr
  • Wikiderr

Rat

• Members

As someone who works for the railroad not all crossing have signals and crossings arms that come down. This is especially true in remote rural areas. Some crossings in the country side won't even have signs. Crossing signals are usually only found in towns, cities or heavily trafficked areas.

SeljakCigan
  • SeljakCigan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

Thanks Obama

• rexmaverik likes this

AlwayzFr0sty
  • AlwayzFr0sty

There's No Oxygen In Heaven

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

train-hits-school-bus.gif

• Vitamin PWN likes this

Aby1
  • Aby1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Bumping this to raise awareness of this danger.

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:28 PM Edited by Omnicr0n, 21 October 2013 - 02:26 AM.

Thanks OP. It's amazing the danger all around and we just go about our auto theft and don't give it a thought.

I passed that very crossing once I think, and looking back, I dodged a bullet without realizing.

:^:

IW8simF.gif

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

I'll have to remember that spot while avoiding gun fire and make sure to look both ways before crossing.

Thanks OP!

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

Never notice it haha.

Aby1
  • Aby1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

Bumping this to raise awareness of this danger.

TheShark33
  • TheShark33

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:08 AM

It's not a danger if you people would use common sense when approaching a rail crossing.
  • ImBoss450 likes this

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:10 AM

I Saw two main busy roads crossing eachother with no traffic lights.

TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

That's actually not uncommon at all. Especially in the desert. In my hometown there was a RR track that crossed 3 roads, two very low traffic and one medium traffic. Neither of them had any signal or lights, just a yellow RR warning sign. Besides the trains honk for like a minute before they even reach the crossing (standard procedure even if there are crossing gates and lights).

Considering that picture is of a crossing in the desert and a dirt road I'd say its actually pretty realistic

• Goldstein likes this

AkumaBrad
  • AkumaBrad

Gramma Natsi

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:23 AM Edited by AkumaBrad, 08 October 2013 - 03:25 AM.

Where the hell do you live?! In the UK, Network Fail Rail's Level Crossing standards mandate that no crossing is without 'protection', even if that just includes signs. Sure, for low-traffic areas they might just put in treadle-operated half-barrier crossings. For many of the small footcrossings across farms, there's at least a pedestrian gate and public telephone in place so that farmers can contact the signaller.

Edit: I also work on the railway. I am not a trainspotter or enthusiast. Really want to make that clear.

TheShark33
  • TheShark33

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

'Murica

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:26 AM Edited by GTALegion, 08 October 2013 - 03:27 AM.

I live next to a train track in a small rural area of NC. We have a post office, a Hardee's and a couple of convinience stores. Other than that, it's churches and mechanics.

Our sh*tty tracks have full on crossing arms and lights and signs and everything.

There is no excuse for this lazy, shoddy, slip-shod lack of equipment. I will be voting for Jock Cranley in hopes that he will get this sorted.

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:29 AM

It's not a danger if you people would use common sense when approaching a rail crossing.

EXACTLY. How many times do you see people crossing railroad tracks when trains are gliding across? Thats the whole point, it's common sense. You cannot die if you're in a car anyways, it'll just push your car.
  • Levano likes this

TheShark33
  • TheShark33

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

Where the hell do you live?! In the UK, Network Fail Rail's Level Crossing standards mandate that no crossing is without 'protection', even if that just includes signs. Sure, for low-traffic areas they might just put in treadle-operated half-barrier crossings. For many of the small footcrossings across farms, there's at least a pedestrian gate and public telephone in place so that farmers can contact the signaller.

Edit: I also work on the railway. I am not a trainspotter or enthusiast. Really want to make that clear.

Most crossings will have at least a sign indicating a rail crossing, it can be rare not to see a rail sign but they are out there. The crossing arms are usually found only in towns, cities, or places of heavy vehicle traffic. The crossing arms aren't perfect, they do malfunction, ie not going down when a train comes, staying down after a train leaves or they will just keep flashing and dinging.

That's why you should still slow down and look before crossing a rail crossing, there could still be a train. Not to mention some crossings are sh*tty and can damage your car if you drive over them too fast.

TheShark33
  • TheShark33

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

EXACTLY. How many times do you see people crossing railroad tracks when trains are gliding across? Thats the whole point, it's common sense. You cannot die if you're in a car anyways, it'll just push your car.

It's hard to tell on the internet but I hope that's sarcasm. The internet really needs sarcasm text, there's: bold, underline, italics, but no sarcasm.
  • Deeznoots likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users