» «
Photo

Locating north yankton

15 replies to this topic
ObiJ0hnkenobi
  • ObiJ0hnkenobi

Trevors best freind

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:22 PM Edited by ObiJ0hnkenobi, 07 October 2013 - 09:23 PM.

Im interested in trying to locate the area or glitch to it for full exploration. Does anybody have any tips on how to do this? I accidentally glitched earlyer on the way out of MP and as my memory stick was acessed  instead of my saves on hdd i got chucked back into the start of the game. All the walls of the bank were transparent and i could see mountains in the distance but before i had chance to grab a camera my player fell thru the floor and died :( so sorry i have no proof but now i do believe north yankton is somewhere on the same map as the island. Maybe at sea past the point that kills you?  Any body else been looking into this?

• EvilFuture likes this

DexterII
  • DexterII

What?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

I've been very curious myself on getting back there and explore. I was wondering where that world is located as well. But it does seem the map has no boundaries like the sea in SA. So if you were to go off the map too far if possible there must be some sort of control. Maybe you die instantly or an invisible forcefield to keep you from progressing.

ObiJ0hnkenobi
  • ObiJ0hnkenobi

Trevors best freind

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

I've been very curious myself on getting back there and explore. I was wondering where that world is located as well. But it does seem the map has no boundaries like the sea in SA. So if you were to go off the map too far if possible there must be some sort of control. Maybe you die instantly or an invisible forcefield to keep you from progressing.

well yeah you right on that but i think we would be able to explore the 2 localised mission areas with out any problem. Some one mentioned before that some of the interiors used in the game, that it has to load to are probably there too.

DexterII
  • DexterII

What?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:50 PM Edited by DexterII, 07 October 2013 - 09:57 PM.

Well if it's anything related to how game worlds were created a long time before and maybe still now. The other world would be located off to the side of the main world. Much like skyboxs were made to generate the still and large appearance of the atmosphere that doesn't move with the rest of the world. When I created worlds I'd always put it off to the right and far away from the main subtraction. I don't think Yankton is located below the main world however. But if it is, I'd love to be proven wrong and see it.

I base my theory that is it not below as we know how when you glitch in GTA you fall through the ground and continue to fall until you hit some sort of Z coordinate limit and the game respawns you atop. Say the Yankton is below you, first of all it will have to keep it in memory most of the time, and you'd fall into that world. It also would limit the height at which Yankton can allow you to travel.

ObiJ0hnkenobi
  • ObiJ0hnkenobi

Trevors best freind

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

Well if it's anything related to how game worlds were created a long time before and maybe still now. The other world would be located off to the side of the main world. Much like skyboxs were made to generate the still and large appearance of the atmosphere that doesn't move with the rest of the world. When I created worlds I'd always put it off to the right and far away from the main subtraction. I don't think Yankton is located below the main world however. But if it is, I'd love to be proven wrong and see it.

I base my theory that is it not below as we know how when you glitch in GTA you fall through the ground and continue to fall until you hit some sort of Z coordinate limit and the game respawns you atop. Say the Yankton is below you, first of all it will have to keep it in memory most of the time, and you'd fall into that world. It also would limit the height at which Yankton can allow you to travel.

Im hoping to replicate the glitch to get some bearing on the location so far all ive had is no sound when i get back in but fingers crossed

Ice1980
  • Ice1980

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Who to say it actually exists in game? Maybe a future dlc. But spending time flying to the edge of the map is silly. There is no NY in this game, not by glitch. UNless there is real hardcore evidence?

Hamsterbaffle
  • Hamsterbaffle

Princeps

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

So if you were to go off the map too far if possible there must be some sort of control. Maybe you die instantly or an invisible forcefield to keep you from progressing.

If you're referring to North Yankton, I've tested this (to an extent). During the mission when Michael follows Trevor back to North Yankton, I decided to turn my car around and try to explore the map a bit. Very quickly I got a mission failure saying "Michael failed to reach the cemetery" or something to that effect. The playable boundaries of North Yankton are probably no bigger than required for the two missions there, and not nearly as large as the map shown while paused.

DexterII
  • DexterII

What?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Ah, there's your control. I knew the world looked very large in the pause menu. Probably hints it's not a playable sandbox outside of the missions.

ObiJ0hnkenobi
  • ObiJ0hnkenobi

Trevors best freind

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

Ah, there's your control. I knew the world looked very large in the pause menu. Probably hints it's not a playable sandbox outside of the missions.

I see what you mean guys so the place even if i did get there out of missions there maybe nothing more than 2 roads and a couple of small areas, maybe this is best left till hopefully the game comes out on pc. it would be easy enough then to just spawn your player using a mod to get there or using a map mod

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

It might be placed where the interiors are as the map looks like the map used for interiors. Vehicles can be used in interiors as the hangers are interiors and you can drive in them.

Thegtauser
  • Thegtauser

same as the others

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

if you can get to north yankton then it will be south-west of los santos

I know this because when i was doing the car glitch at lsc (guilty) you have to go to the prologue mission right?

well, i paused when it loaded the prolougue and accessed online to do the glitch but it happened differently, normally it doesnt zoom over to my charachter but it did this time and it zoomed over to my apartment from the ocean to the south-west corner of ls, i know it was the south-west as it always zooms orientated when entering online for me.

this means that if north yankton is glitchable-to then it isn't in the direction you fly with trevor, the game state actually spawns it to the south west.

i dont have proof so call me a troll if you want but im not a bullsh*tter and i know what i saw

• alexandrovich likes this

Carl the Sloth
  • Carl the Sloth

Sloth

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

I know how to glitch out of NY in Bury the Hatchet. Its difficult and you need the car with you, but I can bypass the invisible barrier which fails the mission if you go a certain distance from the road. This is done by using invisible buildings by getting on the rooftops, if you fall through Michael turns invisible, and you simply come out down the street. The issue is getting the car with you, as you fail the mission if you leave it. I managed to explore a bit before falling through the map, and it turns out most of what you can't see is infact solid, maybe a base for something?

FusionCold85
  • FusionCold85

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

I know how to glitch out of NY in Bury the Hatchet. Its difficult and you need the car with you, but I can bypass the invisible barrier which fails the mission if you go a certain distance from the road. This is done by using invisible buildings by getting on the rooftops, if you fall through Michael turns invisible, and you simply come out down the street. The issue is getting the car with you, as you fail the mission if you leave it. I managed to explore a bit before falling through the map, and it turns out most of what you can't see is infact solid, maybe a base for something?

So how do you do it?

Carl the Sloth
  • Carl the Sloth

Sloth

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:34 PM Edited by JaiAE86, 27 October 2013 - 11:42 PM.

So how do you do it?

Its fairly difficult to explain, but you know when you get to the last part of the drive in Bury the Hatchet where you take a right turn to the cemetery? Well, on that corner there is a restaurant or something with a slanted roof. There are hedges all around it. Find the one nearest to the cemetary outside the restaurant and grab a Rancher or Saddler from the road. Park it near the hedge and use it to climb on top. Jump from the hedge into the parking area of the warehouse right next to it and run to the red wall at the end. Climb the wall and walk along the top until you reach another wall, then simply climb over to escape the main part of the map. Now its glitchy, you need to try and glitch Michael and make him invisible for just a second or two, this eliminates the boundaries stopping you from leaving the map for some reason. Now you can explore, but you can barely go anywhere since you need the car with you. Its possible to jump the car over the restaurant using a snow mound then do the glitch, which is what I did.

Also, you can see where North Yankton is by using the Lenny Avery website on the mission and setting a waypoint from that site to a random property in LS. 

• alexandrovich, WildBrick142 and FusionCold85 like this

FusionCold85
  • FusionCold85

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

Nice. Going to try now.

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

Do you all remember the mission in SA when you fly to LC for one mission? This may be like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users