Photo

Remove 2k Medical Bills

168 replies to this topic
sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

Okay, so what if you are on passive mode, and still keep getting run down by assholes? 2k is rediculously high, maybe my opinion would change if you could actually make money playing the game properly, but the pay outs/expenses ratio is f*cked imo. $1000 for stealing a $100K+ car? You make more money robbing the goddamn stores, then get shot down by random assholes while trying to escape. I find I can't keep any money on public servers, so I try to avoid them,

Its bugged, like the rest of the game, they will fix it.  currently passive mode actually makes you more likely to die cause the sh*t tards know you cant fight back and they love seeing passive mode people on the map, free kills baby!

CunoVonRembold
  • CunoVonRembold

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

IMHO the fact is pretty simple. FREEMODE is not a DEATHMATCH.   

As i see it, 2.000$ for every death is kinda useful to remind you :" Dude... stop acting like a jerk and play better".

In Freemode i just hang with a couple of friends, and doing risky things actually become fun and ..risky. 

If get wasted was free, everything i'd do wud became so..meaningless.

HostilityFactor
  • HostilityFactor

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

IMHO the fact is pretty simple. FREEMODE is not a DEATHMATCH.   

As i see it, 2.000$ for every death is kinda useful to remind you :" Dude... stop acting like a jerk and play better".

In Freemode i just hang with a couple of friends, and doing risky things actually become fun and ..risky. 

If get wasted was free, everything i'd do wud became so..meaningless.

I understand Freemode isn't a Deathmatch, but I should also have the freedom to just f*ck around with 3 of my friends and not have to worry about going broke. We love doing all kinds of stupid sh*t, using the cargobob to take cars on buildings, and driving them off. Just random sh*t, but then you get put in check by your in game wallet cause your having fun with your friends, it just seems out of place. 

• M210F and RipShaDe 41 like this

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

1 lap 4 players 70 secs for the race and 3,5k for the last place, death is affordable! go free aim if u wanna survive

I shouldnt have to. I should have the options to do what i want. I should be forced to play a race to get money back that i shouldnt have lost just because i was having fun.

Its dumb.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

your not, go buy cash cards, never play missions ever again!

Blazin510
  • Blazin510

tired of crybabies

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

You know what the OP reminds me of?
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=PIb6AZdTr-A

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:57 PM Edited by Jaggs, 15 October 2013 - 07:58 PM.

So if I have Turbo and EMS 2, and my car seems maxed out, and add EMS4, it will go even faster? I thought if the stats maxed out the car wouldn't go any faster anymore.

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Uh no! Im not going to spend REAL money for FAKE money. Thats a waste of money.

• M210F likes this

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:04 PM Edited by jerrodh7244, 15 October 2013 - 08:08 PM.

If you remove the $2,000 fee though you could see a very negative effect of more people killing and just causing chaos. Because a lot of players don't attack others because of this. 

I think some kind reduction of penalties would be nice maybe for good players as opposed to bad sports. 

Imagine if you were a bad sport and you lost $5k and a good sport only lost $1000. I would much rather see a system like that. 

This is someone who lost 8K to the same guy this morning. I finished up a survival and had no Sub machine gun ammo left (only level 12 too). 

Game is grand theft auto. Your going to die and have to make adjustments and be punished for somethings just keep that in mind. I am not saying the system is perfect, but it would be far worse if people didn't lose anything. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

then grind your missions and try not to die like everyone else and STFU. ;)  If the game is too hard for you go play something else.  Rockstar didnt make this game tailor made for your lack of playing ability so you can go play sims gta and do whatever you want without any consequences, they made their game the way they want with their rules which you can either learn how to play or quit playing.  They are not going to enable a "Retard Mode" just special for you.

• Decimationist likes this

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

then grind your missions and try not to die like everyone else and STFU. ;)  If the game is too hard for you go play something else.  Rockstar didnt make this game tailor made for your lack of playing ability so you can go play sims gta and do whatever you want without any consequences, they made their game the way they want with their rules which you can either learn how to play or quit playing.  They are not going to enable a "Retard Mode" just special for you.

You are a idiot. This game takes no skill and if you think it does then im not the mentally disabled one. The game isnt about skill its about "FUN". I'm guessing you are one of those ignorant players that just kills others for their own amusement.

GTA 4 had a free roam that didnt have a 2k med bill and thats why its stupid. The online would be great if you couldnt farm at all. I would love to play real missions with a decent payout without losing money when you die.

Your the one on my thread so i assume you care about this game. You should go pro then if your think you so good at a game that takes no skill. Congrats to you sir. Now STFU, let the adults have a real discussion here.

• M210F likes this

Decimationist
  • Decimationist

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

No, stop dying, play smarter, and don't trust anyone. Problem solved if you follow these steps.

Yeah but the whole point of GTA is to mess around. It would be fine if the cops were like GTA IV but they are not. They are better than most players I have met online whereas in IV they were maybe half as good as players. I wanna shoot up sh*t and do random crap but it is hard when you have this type of system implemented.

Dude the cops in this game are pretty pathetic

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

If you remove the $2,000 fee though you could see a very negative effect of more people killing and just causing chaos. Because a lot of players don't attack others because of this. 

I think some kind reduction of penalties would be nice maybe for good players as opposed to bad sports. 

Imagine if you were a bad sport and you lost $5k and a good sport only lost $1000. I would much rather see a system like that. 

This is someone who lost 8K to the same guy this morning. I finished up a survival and had no Sub machine gun ammo left (only level 12 too). 

Game is grand theft auto. Your going to die and have to make adjustments and be punished for somethings just keep that in mind. I am not saying the system is perfect, but it would be far worse if people didn't lose anything. 

But the problem is that people are only aggravated by these griefers BECAUSE they lose money. If I got shot and it only meant I had to respawn without whatever cash I had on me, I'd say fair enough. It'd also mean I could seek out and aim for revenge on griefers because I wouldn't have to worry about losing 2K+ for it. Anyone who argues for medical bills on the basis of GTA requiring skill, being an MMO or money not being difficult to earn forgets that very few people are going to actually play this game hardcore. Most of us are casual players who just want to relax and have fun- I will play GTA for months and actually buy DLC if they can make it so that the base game is fun to just play. Having to earn up money to buy nice apartments, cars or really nice guns is fine- having to grind in order to just play the game how you want to (a la GTA IV) is not. I like the direction of a more persistent character- I don't like the direction of forcing us towards cash cards.

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

I mean they are going to be giving us $500,000 this month. So everyone can buy pretty much anything reasonable (apartment with 10 car garage, etc.) 

No need to ever use cash cards. Heck survival gives you 20k+ if you get to level 10 which is easy enough with 3 people. 

Remove the 2k deathcap and the Chaos would be worst for sure. 

igamedude
  • igamedude

World's Worst Gamer

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

It would be nice if I didn't have to play in in private sessions all the time but it's annoying have to scramble for the apartment or for the country side just so no one comes to destroy me and my ride for no random reason. The $2,000 is just icing on the troll cake. My worst experience was when two players decided it would be fun to take a Buzzard and attack me every time I red pawned. $12,000 later I finally was able to out run them. If the price were lowered to $500 like others have suggested I would be more apathetic to the rule.
  • M210F likes this

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

$2K seems like a lot right now - later down the track, when missions pay out a lot more and just enough sheer time has gone by you've earned millions, this $2K death penalty will become just part of your operating expenses, the way ammo and armor are now.  

I think R*'s intent was that lowbies would have to hustle and stay clear of trouble, but more established characters would have the capacity to absorb the cost of some mayhem. 

Think 'Scarface' - Tony didn't start out with the mansion and the assault rifle - first he had to punch his way out of a ghetto and dodge chainsaws in sh*tty motels.

Screenshot
  • Screenshot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:53 PM Edited by Screenshot, 15 October 2013 - 11:59 PM.

Agreed. It would be nice if it was like 500$. Was on a server last night that was total chaos, must have lost at least 12k from getting killed, fun times though! I WAS saving for a new car..lol

LOL 500$???

IN SP IT WAS 5K, SO BE HAPPY WITH 2K

In SP, you didn't have 15 other players killing you the moment they saw you :) , dying in SP is far more difficult, while online, you will die the moment you trust that a player wont kill you, if you don't do anything to him.

This is the reason me and my friends refuse to play with other players, we always make invite only session, and most of the time it's only us 2, quite sad, I only go join other sessions with other players when i recently used all my money, or im just trying to do some missions with randoms(But i stay far away from other players though) 

The medical bills is something i really hate.

$2K seems like a lot right now - later down the track, when missions pay out a lot more and just enough sheer time has gone by you've earned millions, this $2K death penalty will become just part of your operating expenses, the way ammo and armor are now.  

I think R*'s intent was that lowbies would have to hustle and stay clear of trouble, but more established characters would have the capacity to absorb the cost of some mayhem. 

Think 'Scarface' - Tony didn't start out with the mansion and the assault rifle - first he had to punch his way out of a ghetto and dodge chainsaws in sh*tty motels.

That's true, but even people at rank 100, will most likely do fun stuff in free roam, only for a little while, and new players are forced to grind missions until they can earn enough money to be able to have some fun in free roam. This is a silly way. When i started Gta 5, and earned about 18k (was trying to get my first garage) i ended up getting a bit boored doing missions non stop, so i started killing stuff in free roam, and then i noticed i had like 6k left, this pissed me off. Because i was used to being in war with other players in GTA IV, which most players loved.

• M210F likes this

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

That's the intent, but it punishes people who buy the game, say, a month from now or casual players. There's already plenty of people level 40+. I'm a relatively casual player- since the launch of online I've "only" earned about 400K, but a huge amount of people have earned millions and can do whatever they want without worrying about money. The catch-22, though, is that the people who want to screw around are casual players who have virtually no money and don't want to grind for hours to earn their money. Then, of course, the people who already have made millions don't care for 'fun', they play in order to get the best of whatever is available then leave. They get the best apartment, the best cars, the best guns and clothes and reach the top rank, feel like they have nothing left to do in the game, and quit. As is, the medical bills ONLY appeal to those players, and a higher percentage of them will come onto forums like this to complain about casuals than the other way around. Of my friends, I can't name a single one who likes the system, but everyone agrees that losing cash is a great compromise (and, even better, it was what we were told to expect. No one want(s/ed) a Peter Molyneux pulled on us)

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

I love the 2k penalty. It makes getting bounties risky and if you DO manage to get the bounty, the player can retaliate and make you lose that money by killing you again and again, which is what I enjoy doing. You kill me? Hahahaha;

"Pegasus, I need my Buzzard delivered asap"

"Your aircraft will be delivered shortly"

Now you have rockets raining from the sky at you :D and not only will I make sure to eliminate your gains from that bounty, I will also dig deeper into your overall money. 

There are good reasons for the 2k loss and this is among my favorites.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users