Remove 2k Medical Bills

168 replies to this topic
ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

Its just about bearable but it is pretty annoying, especially when your just cruising around and someone decides to kill you, I can put up with it but I'd appreciate it if it was reduced.

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

Its just about bearable but it is pretty annoying, especially when your just cruising around and someone decides to kill you, I can put up with it but I'd appreciate it if it was reduced.

Well unless missions give you more or heists come out soon then i wouldnt mind it. But its just annoying that you cant have fun messing around unless you lose the money you basically just earned in a 10 minute mission because you got killed a couple times by other annoying players.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

I read somewhere that it's actually 5% of your overall money, which I hope it's not because 5% out of 1m is $50,000 and it they charge me $50,000 for dying, they better allow me to change my character's face too, add a plastic surgery package to that sh*t.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

turns out FREE-roam isnt exactly very free is it?

im broke as f*ck but im glad this system exists... people already have 100+ million... there has to be some way to get rid of money...

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

turns out FREE-roam isnt exactly very free is it?

im broke as f*ck but im glad this system exists... people already have 100+ million... there has to be some way to get rid of money...

BAN THEM f*ckERS!

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:27 AM

Get rid of these bills. When people kill me, I want instant revenge. Then I start losing more money just because of it. It's not even fun when you have something to lose-.-

• RipShaDe 41 likes this

Crimson Engage
  • Crimson Engage

LCPD

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:50 AM

Deathmatch is lame because of this. You don't make enough to make a decent profit. You die? Pay a 2k med bill. Need ammo? There goes a chunk of change...  greedy f*cks. Enable the stock market already!!!

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

I read somewhere that it's actually 5% of your overall money, which I hope it's not because 5% out of 1m is $50,000 and it they charge me $50,000 for dying, they better allow me to change my character's face too, add a plastic surgery package to that sh*t.

2000 is max regardless of your total though :)

So even if you have 10 mill, it will still be 2000.

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

so you also lose money each time you die in a mission?

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

How about we hold the medical staff hostage until they agree to lower the f*cking bills or have their brains splattered all over the place.

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

How about we hold the medical staff hostage until they agree to lower the f*cking bills or have their brains splattered all over the place.

that sounds like a great idea =] lets do it lol

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

It is annoying, but the $100 passive mode if you're free-roaming in a game where the majority of players in your lobby are strangers to you sort of off-sets the amount you should be getting killed. I tried being a good sport and not execute every player I see but the sentiment among most of the community is to grief as much as possible so.

Here's an example: One of my first nights playing the game I'm out in Blaine County at the ammu-nation store making purchases when another player enters. I exit the store and jump in what I thought was my car because it was dark and the paint job was similar but about 20 seconds down the road I notice it's not my car. Having remembered the players name I pulled up the Players Met tab and sent him a message saying "sry took car, bringing back'. I see the guy still in front of ammu-nation and, of course, he executes me immediately. So I'm like ok I guess I earned that by taking his car. I spawn, and he guns me down again. and again...and again...I mean I'm fighting back but obviously haven't put the time in to the shooting that this person has as I'm dropping so quickly. 

From that point I decided I wouldnt trust anyone I didn't know online. I'm even a little sketchy about the ones I do know, haha

mincemeat36
  • mincemeat36

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

Personally I'd like it if killing another player in freemode meant you paid for their 'healthcare'. Would solve the griefer problem in an instant and might make it possible to actually make friends in the game - the entire point of multiplayer.

You'd still pay for getting yourself killed (cops, crashing etc) though.

• M210F likes this

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

They really just need to remove this already. I want to laugh and die. I want to mess around without losings 3 missions worth in 1 minute.

I hope they change this.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

No, stop dying, play smarter, and don't trust anyone. Problem solved if you follow these steps.

your sig is the best sig ive ever seen.

• Ninjambie likes this

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

They really just need to remove this already. I want to laugh and die. I want to mess around without losings 3 missions worth in 1 minute.

I hope they change this.

It's not going to be changed....

If you bothered to level up a bit then you'd earn 10-25k per mission instead of 1-5k.

Plenty to p*ss about with then. 

CJReturnz
  • CJReturnz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

I Agree with this. Hate the way you have to pay so much when you die just because some punk kid thinks its 'fun' most of the time its easier to just suicide for $500

TargetTango
  • TargetTango

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

Compared to the American healthcare system 2k is very cheap.

HostilityFactor
  • HostilityFactor

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

All the people telling others to get better at the game isn't really fair. My favorite thing to do in this game is snipe the melons off random peoples shoulders. I'll stalk people, go invisible from radar and just start dropping people from on top of buildings. There is literally nothing the person I'm going after can do about it. I also pick my buildings very well, ones where I get the most advantage from being up high. It is also extremely fun to have a friend in my game put a bounty on me, and then just drop airstrikes on people when they get near my building. I don't care how good you are at the game, if you don't have passive enabled I'll manage to kill you.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

The problem of medical bills is related to what you think the purpose of Free-Roam is.

For instance, I die rarely because I mostly avoid strangers and don't go hunting others often. Only if there is a bounty, or a good reason. Therefore, I don't pay many medical bills.

Others want to have manic fun killing each other over and over in an epic death match style battle. Which sounds like lots of fun - but will be expensive.

It seems to me that Rockstar wanted to try and cater for both groups and that is why their game mechanics are currently off. Blips on the radar, Bad Sports, passive mode and medical bills aren't currently in good shape, in my opinion.

I'd like to see them using this first month as a trial and updating all the mechanics for a second version (maybe the next-gen GTA:O) but change will only happen if there is a mass demand for it, or they lose players to other games because of the mechanics. Or because Rockstar has an epiphany! :p

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

All the people telling others to get better at the game isn't really fair. My favorite thing to do in this game is snipe the melons off random peoples shoulders. I'll stalk people, go invisible from radar and just start dropping people from on top of buildings. There is literally nothing the person I'm going after can do about it. I also pick my buildings very well, ones where I get the most advantage from being up high. It is also extremely fun to have a friend in my game put a bounty on me, and then just drop airstrikes on people when they get near my building. I don't care how good you are at the game, if you don't have passive enabled I'll manage to kill you.

haha, yea, and they have no friggin idea where you are either, you gotta be looking at someone for a long time to get the name to show up to see who and where there are in the crowd of npcs.  I like to fly around in choppers sometimes and shoot people but its pretty hard to tell where they are even if you see the dot on the map, unless they are doing something crazy.  If they are just standing there on the phone or walking around or driving normally they look like npcs and it takes like 20 seconds for the name to show up sometimes, you gotta get really close!  it doesnt seem as bad with the sniper, so maybe its just a chopper or plane thing. highly annoying. Its 10x worse for the copilots green gunner screen, you cant really see sh*t, almost worthless,  especially if the pilot is always turning around, haha!

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

The problem of medical bills is related to what you think the purpose of Free-Roam is.

For instance, I die rarely because I mostly avoid strangers and don't go hunting others often. Only if there is a bounty, or a good reason. Therefore, I don't pay many medical bills.

Others want to have manic fun killing each other over and over in an epic death match style battle. Which sounds like lots of fun - but will be expensive.

It seems to me that Rockstar wanted to try and cater for both groups and that is why their game mechanics are currently off. Blips on the radar, Bad Sports, passive mode and medical bills aren't currently in good shape, in my opinion.

I'd like to see them using this first month as a trial and updating all the mechanics for a second version (maybe the next-gen GTA:O) but change will only happen if there is a mass demand for it, or they lose players to other games because of the mechanics. Or because Rockstar has an epiphany! :p

there is a deathmatch mode, people are just to dumb to use it, haha!  Ive only every had one guy accept my deathmatch request and it was the full map up to 5 kills with vehicles enabled.  I have seen the vehicle deathmatch option but have never had anyone accept an invation to it so i dont know what it is exactly.  The problem is that no one wants to do a deathmatch cause they are trying to kill noobs, they lose lots of advantage and its not near as fun if the person they are trying to kill is trying to kill them too, lol!

xlightscreen
  • xlightscreen

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

Rockstar wants people in freemode to have legit reasons for killing each other. I.E bounties, getting revenge for something, fighting for world objectives. Not simply because you want to start the game going on a killing spree. I rarely stick around to fight players for more then 1-2 deaths on each end, its simply not economical or practical when you know the nooblet you keep owning will just spawn and try again. Honestly if your having a issue of dying you really need to simply play smarter. Kill your attacker and run, don't stick around and let him get seconds. 

sgllocal
  • sgllocal

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

vote on here and get it trending. http://support.rocks...S-FROM-FREEROAM remove med bills from free roam

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

Yeah but the whole point of GTA is to mess around. It would be fine if the cops were like GTA IV but they are not. They are better than most players I have met online whereas in IV they were maybe half as good as players. I wanna shoot up sh*t and do random crap but it is hard when you have this type of system implemented.

No. The whole point of GTA IV was to mess around while not caring about dying etc. This is not GTA IV!

evilclive
  • evilclive

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:37 AM Edited by evilclive, 15 October 2013 - 10:37 AM.

Once the stock market is made available it wont matter. All you will have to do is dump all your money into something that never goes down like ammunation. Then when you die you dont have any money so you dont have to pay....its what i do for single player so i don't have to pay the 5k hospital bills(even though i have 1.3 billion dollars on single player lol)..

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

No, just no.

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:21 PM Edited by iddqdvie, 15 October 2013 - 01:23 PM.

1 lap 4 players 70 secs for the race and 3,5k for the last place, death is affordable! go free aim if u wanna survive

EateroBabies
  • EateroBabies

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

Okay, so what if you are on passive mode, and still keep getting run down by assholes? 2k is rediculously high, maybe my opinion would change if you could actually make money playing the game properly, but the pay outs/expenses ratio is f*cked imo. $1000 for stealing a $100K+ car? You make more money robbing the goddamn stores, then get shot down by random assholes while trying to escape. I find I can't keep any money on public servers, so I try to avoid them,

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

It's that percentage, but set at 2000 as max, even if you have 10mill :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users