Photo

Remove 2k Medical Bills

168 replies to this topic
RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

No, stop dying, play smarter, and don't trust anyone. Problem solved if you follow these steps.

Do you even gta bro?

Yeah lol what does he think the roots of gta were? lol

its nothing near real life so why should it try to be when paying 2 k and then respawning makes no sense. To those who think that is realistic then there is something wrong with you. lol

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

No, stop dying, play smarter, and don't trust anyone. Problem solved if you follow these steps.

Do you even gta bro?

Lol... you're one of those people who die constantly and then complain about your wallet being hit, right? There will be time to "gta" when the Content Creator becomes available.

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

Do you even gta bro?

Lol... you're one of those people who die constantly and then complain about your wallet being hit, right? There will be time to "gta" when the Content Creator becomes available.

How do you know that for sure. How do you that the content creator will work the way you want it?

I thought it was to make your own missions, races or death matches. I dont want to do that. I just want to play online with friends and not have to waste 10 k from having fun. It has nothing to do with not playing smart or anything. Its just fun to goof off with friends and kill each other or get killed a funny way without losing tons of cash.

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:39 PM Edited by Sinz86irocblk, 09 October 2013 - 04:51 PM.

"Roots of GTA"?? WTF is all this nonsense?

If we're going to stick to the "roots" we should kiss multi-player and the rage engine goodbye. Maybe stick to a top down view if we're so concerned with keeping things stagnant and primordial.

So you lose money? Who cares? Play the game that's the point of it. . . making money, and money doesn't mean sh*t if it just sits in your bank account.

If you like goofing around and don't like doing missions then why are you concerned with money?

• Ninjambie likes this

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

If we're going to stick to the "roots" we should kiss multi-player and the rage engine goodbye. Maybe stick to a top down view if we're so concerned with keeping things stagnant and primordial.

So you lose money? Who cares? Play the game that's the point of it. . . making money, and money doesn't mean sh*t if it just sits in your bank account.

If you like goofing around and don't like doing missions then why are you concerned with money?

Did you not read this post at all. Are you mindlessly replying to this with rage because you upset that others want to have fun without losing money.

Obviously I care if I made this thread. You didnt give a good constructive opinion as to why you dont think its a good option for others.

"If you like goofing around and don't like doing missions then why are you concerned with money?"

What kind of question is that? I never said i didnt like missions and im concerned with money because you lose it when you die. Who gives a crap if your money just sits there? If they didnt have these missions that suck and dont give you hardly anything in value then i wouldnt have this issue. Only way to make lots of money is my replying missions "farming".

We shouldn’t have to farm to get money because when you die u lose money because of ignorant annoying random players or because you want to have fun.

Please read next time. It will help you make a more valid response. Its not the end of the world and i can tell that you mad. So relax and have a good discussion.

If this game was made properly without medical bills and without replaying missions over then the money you make from doing missions would actually mean something. I'm sorry you dont care but many others do.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
  • BIEBERyoloSWAG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Can we write Obama about this? Maybe Obamacare has coverage

• crashhat69 and RipShaDe 41 like this

OD913
  • OD913

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:08 PM Edited by OD913, 09 October 2013 - 06:12 PM.

Its not all about playing smarter around other players and avoiding being killed. What about when me and friends want to mess around, jumping off cliffs, falling down mountains, jumping motorcycles into helicopters, etc. Just "having fun" shouldn't make you go broke. This is a seriously broken feature. Free roam should be about having fun, not about worrying about dying so you don't lose money that you're trying to save up.

Me and a friend were hiking up a mountain trying to get to the top but kept stumbling and falling down the hill. It was hilarious and fun until I saw I lost about $10k just for having fun exploring.
If R* added medical bills in free roam just so people buy their microtransaction money cards I've lost respect for them.
  • Boxiom likes this

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Its not all about playing smarter around other players and avoiding being killed. What about when me and friends want to mess around, jumping off cliffs, falling down mountains, jumping motorcycles into helicopters, etc. Just "having fun" shouldn't make you go broke. This is a seriously broken feature. Free roam should be about having fun, not about worrying about dying so you don't lose money that you're trying to save up. If R* added medical bills in free roam just so people buy their microtransaction money cards I've lost respect for them.

Thank you... someone with sense for a change. If you can't have fun in free roam without consequences, Rockstar should make a separate session void of all missions and races... just run around with the ability to do whatever you want with the friends you've chosen to be in the same world. Is it really that much to ask?

• RipShaDe 41 likes this

JAYPEE1986
  • JAYPEE1986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:15 PM Edited by JAYPEE1986, 09 October 2013 - 06:19 PM.

To be fair I think 2k is just the right amount of penalty. In fact I think the balancing of the monies in the game are spot on. Some missions/races/jumps offer variable degrees of time/reward ratios and its worth playing through these to get the money. I'm not bothered if I lose a measly two thousand virtual dollars when I can make quadruple that in two minutes coming first place in a number of races. If I want to jump off a cliff ill do it, if I want to ride my bike into a chopper blade ill do that too. And I won't give two f*cks about the cost because its just as fun gaining the money as it is losing it. Rockstar made the system this way so you will play the missions, race the races, Rob the stores. But in your own time. When needs be.

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

To be fair I think 2k is just the right amount of penalty. In fact I think the balancing of the monies in the game are spot on. Some missions/races/jumps offer variable degrees of time/reward ratios and its worth playing through these to get the money. I'm not bothered if I lose a measly two thousand virtual dollars when I can make quadruple that in two minutes coming first place in a number of races. If I want to jump off a cliff ill do it, if I want to ride my bike into a chopper blade ill do that too. And I won't give two f*cks about the cost because its just as fun gaining the money as it is losing it. Rockstar made the system this way so you will play the missions, race the races, Rob the stores. But in your own time. When needs be.

I should want to have the option to play a mission or not. I shouldnt be forced to because i died and i have to make up for a death. It doesnt make any sense that you get charge 2k for DYING. I could understand if you payed to 2k to get health back on your phone or something. That way it benefits you.

I like doing mission and i like to mess around. i should have options to do both. GTA 4 was fun because you could mess around without losing anything. I liked to mess around occasionally for fun. Each persons version of fun is different so we need more options to make both sides happy. Those who are for and against the idea.

• Kromix likes this

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

Did you not read this post at all. Are you mindlessly replying to this with rage because you upset that others want to have fun without losing money.

Obviously I care if I made this thread. You didnt give a good constructive opinion as to why you dont think its a good option for others.

"If you like goofing around and don't like doing missions then why are you concerned with money?"

What kind of question is that? I never said i didnt like missions and im concerned with money because you lose it when you die. Who gives a crap if your money just sits there? If they didnt have these missions that suck and dont give you hardly anything in value then i wouldnt have this issue. Only way to make lots of money is my replying missions "farming".

We shouldn’t have to farm to get money because when you die u lose money because of ignorant annoying random players or because you want to have fun.

Please read next time. It will help you make a more valid response. Its not the end of the world and i can tell that you mad. So relax and have a good discussion.

If this game was made properly without medical bills and without replaying missions over then the money you make from doing missions would actually mean something. I'm sorry you dont care but many others do.

I'm mad? Says the guy raging about having to play a game with penalties for dying. . .

What would you have done during the 8-bit era with no saves and no infinite continues?

403HomerSuicide.gif

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:37 PM Edited by VeNoMxOfxWaR, 09 October 2013 - 08:37 PM.

REALISM?

bruce-lee-laugh.gif.gif

What a stupid argument. If this is the logic behind your argument then it's about to get debunked to f*ck. The game which has respawns, passive mode and many many other 'non-realistic' features does not have it in the game for 'realism purposes'.

The reason Rockstar has this system is the same reason Violent Duct was farm-able, after the patch it was farm-able. Rockstar have no idea what they're doing, it's like how you lost money for deathmatches, how you can still be killed in passive mode, how your character runs around a vehicle instead of just getting in.

If you're going to bring realism as your main argument you're genuinely having a laugh and you should genuinely just f*ck off.

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

REALISM?

bruce-lee-laugh.gif.gif

What a stupid argument. If this is the logic behind your argument then it's about to get debunked to f*ck. The game which has respawns, passive mode and many many other 'non-realistic' features does not have it in the game for 'realism purposes'.

The reason Rockstar has this system is the same reason Violent Duct was farm-able, after the patch it was farm-able. Rockstar have no idea what they're doing, it's like how you lost money for deathmatches, how you can still be killed in passive mode, how your character runs around a vehicle instead of just getting in.

If you're going to bring realism as your main argument you're genuinely having a laugh and you should genuinely just f*ck off.

You're genuinely making no damn sense boy.

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

I'm mad? Says the guy raging about having to play a game with penalties for dying. . .

What would you have done during the 8-bit era with no saves and no infinite continues?

403HomerSuicide.gif

lol you think im raging? lol you really cant tell someones emotions over the internet now can you. I clearly stated my opinion that it should be removed with reasoning. I never once wrote the thread in a angry response.

Learn how to interpret expressions by the way others respond.  You clearly show that your angry from typing curse words left and right.

This has nothing to do with the era. They ADDED something that DIDNT need to be in the game. Its not needed. Gta 4 was very linear but was fun without 2k medical bills.

Take a chill pill man.

BeansNYC
  • BeansNYC

Brotherhood of Mutants

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Lol no. Hell no. The point of that is to play smart. If you're rushing places or not enabling passive mode then you deserve to go bankrupt on medical bills. I've robbed every stote in San Andreas and not died once. Play smarter, don't try to do a high profile job with a handgun and no vest...

bingo. get yo weight up!!!

BeansNYC
  • BeansNYC

Brotherhood of Mutants

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

Lol no. Hell no. The point of that is to play smart. If you're rushing places or not enabling passive mode then you deserve to go bankrupt on medical bills. I've robbed every stote in San Andreas and not died once. Play smarter, don't try to do a high profile job with a handgun and no vest...

bingo. get yo' weight up fools!!!

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

REALISM?

bruce-lee-laugh.gif.gif

You're genuinely making no damn sense boy.

You didn't read my post because you're wrong and a complete f*cking tool.

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Learn how to interpret expressions by the way others respond.  You clearly show that your angry from typing curse words left and right.

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Yeah lets revert to GTA IV's non-existent economy while we're at it.

Are you implying that GTA V has one? Because it doesn't.

TrevorsMom
  • TrevorsMom

Wee wee pipe

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

The bills should be like sp and capped at 5k. 

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

Here's a great opening banner for this topic:

Official Sandy

Vagina Support Group

appleonama
  • appleonama

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

It's realistic. 

a cop car crashing into you accidently causing them to shoot you for a non assault offence is realistic?

smokescreen
  • smokescreen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

no one is stopping you FTards from having fun expect yourself and your attatchment to having a ton of money.  Who cares if you lose 2 grand it's not real?

Create a character : 0 Dollars

Steal a car : 0 Dollars

Break into an airport and steal a plane : 0 dollars

Crash into the side of a hill : 0 dollars

if you just worried about having fun who cares about how much money you have?  You can pretty much do anything you want with 0 dollars in this game and still have fun.  You just wont have easy access to all the toys...

• DrAnomalous likes this

smokescreen
  • smokescreen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Also, what's the point of doing something if there is no risk and reward...

I would rather lose 2k than have to wait a few minutes to respawn or being stuck in a "heaven" or something stupid for a while.

2k as someone already pointed out is drops out of the ocean.  Money isn't hard to make.  robbing two liqour stores after you die will put you at even and give you some additional fun.

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

Why do people justify this with "Nu'uh n00b, ply smrt"? The most fun in GTA 4 was taking friends up in a helicopter with a sticky bomb hidden on it, bailing out and detonating the bomb, or playing chicken with high speed motorcycles, or other various stupid things. Rockstar decided to limit that by making the risk outweigh the reward (i.e., fun). They stated before release that death makes you lose all your on-hand cash, but they switched it so you lose practically no cash but always pay 2k. If I want to screw around I should be able to deposit my money and start going kamikaze in a jet, not have fun for 30 seconds and spend 10 minutes farming back that lost money.

• RipShaDe 41 likes this

EAC 902
  • EAC 902

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

Agreed. If I was pulling in $100k-$150k every hour I wouldn't mind, but it's killing me as a rank 7 with only about $50,000 in the bank. I could get behind a percentage taken from cash on hand (if I have $2,000 on hand, I drop $500 and pay $500 for medicine, or something), but not from the bank, that should be a safe spot.

How do you have 50k in the bank?
I'm level 8 and I have only 15k, I don't even die often and didn't spend much money.

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Why do people justify this with "Nu'uh n00b, ply smrt"? The most fun in GTA 4 was taking friends up in a helicopter with a sticky bomb hidden on it, bailing out and detonating the bomb, or playing chicken with high speed motorcycles, or other various stupid things. Rockstar decided to limit that by making the risk outweigh the reward (i.e., fun). They stated before release that death makes you lose all your on-hand cash, but they switched it so you lose practically no cash but always pay 2k. If I want to screw around I should be able to deposit my money and start going kamikaze in a jet, not have fun for 30 seconds and spend 10 minutes farming back that lost money.

I 100% agree. =]

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, couldn't have said it better ... 

ZombieUnicornGamer
  • ZombieUnicornGamer

The One With The Gun

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

We've had to deal with medical bills in story mode so why change it for online? They are thinking about reducing it (or so I have heard) but you would have to be really careless to rack up a high medical bill...

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

We've had to deal with medical bills in story mode so why change it for online? They are thinking about reducing it (or so I have heard) but you would have to be really careless to rack up a high medical bill...

Thats the point, we should be able to be careless and have fun. I would love to not worry about losing money and with farming pretty much gone they need to remove the 2k death bill so that we can have fun since its gonna be hard to make money now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users