Photo

Remove 2k Medical Bills

168 replies to this topic
oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

Agreed. It would be nice if it was like 500$. Was on a server last night that was total chaos, must have lost at least 12k from getting killed, fun times though! I WAS saving for a new car..lol

LOL 500$???

IN SP IT WAS 5K, SO BE HAPPY WITH 2K
in single player you have millions of dollars. Plus the medical bills cost less if you have less money. And you Don't have random people constantly trying to kill you on single player. Soo yea..

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

Do missions, deathmatches, steal and sell cars, rob players, etc,...
There's loads of ways to make money, with more appearing as you rise in rank.

I've died numerous times but still made enough to buy a property by level 20.

There's got to be some money loss in the game, and 2k might seem steep at first but it's not that bad once you've earnt a bit.

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

Agreed.

sronsr
  • sronsr

3 bit Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

This is already an ackonwledged issue  for consideration on the official site, just give it time, there are higher priorities at the moment.

You do realize the most amateur programmer in the world could fix this in 20 seconds, right?
All you have to do is change the penalty value from 2000 to 0, or 100 or whatever other number you want.

(Of course you need to know where to look, but the developers obviously know)

The $2,000 penalty sucks! This stops you from messing around, just imagine not having a penalty, people would jump cars off Mt Chilliad and crash planes etc because it's f*cking fun, it's a game, not a cash cow, R* you greedy motherf*ckers you've made a billion dollars, can't you just let us have fun instead of building all of GTA Online around those stupid ass cash cards? No because f*ck you

• Soda and Soap likes this

FallenAlien
  • FallenAlien

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

They have to remove these. Like everyone with a brain has said, it completely takes the fun out of free mode with other players. 

And I just wanna say it blows my mind how some people can defend them. If you do, you either are a fanboy or a f*ckin retard.

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:36 AM Edited by BurnCK, 08 October 2013 - 09:37 AM.

This is already an ackonwledged issue  for consideration on the official site, just give it time, there are higher priorities at the moment.

You do realize the most amateur programmer in the world could fix this in 20 seconds, right?
All you have to do is change the penalty value from 2000 to 0, or 100 or whatever other number you want.

The $2,000 penalty sucks! This stops you from messing around, just imagine not having a penalty, people would jump cars off Mt Chilliad and crash planes etc because it's f*cking fun, it's a game, not a cash cow, R* you greedy motherf*ckers you've made a billion dollars, can't you just let us have fun instead of building all of GTA Online around those stupid ass cash cards? No because f*ck you

It's not built round cash cards...how many have bought so far? Very few 'cos it's not even active at the moment. Yet many many players have still managed to earn enough money to do everything they want.

The game is designed for people to play missions, earn cash, etc. Yeah occasionally it's fun to mess around like you say, and you can still do it, but do missions in-between. 

If you wanna just throw yourself off mountains do it with a second character who doesn't have any cash so therefore can't lose any....problem solved.

FallenAlien
  • FallenAlien

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

It's not built round cash cards...how many have bought so far? Very few 'cos it's not even active at the moment. Yet many many players have still managed to earn enough money to do everything they want.

The game is designed for people to play missions, earn cash, etc. Yeah occasionally it's fun to mess around like you say, and you can still do it, but do missions in-between. 

If you wanna just throw yourself off mountains do it with a second character who doesn't have any cash so therefore can't lose any....problem solved.

First of all money in your bank account is shared across characters. Second, so what if its still possible to accumulate alot of money? I have 400 k almost and I have bought a lot of stuff already. But thats because I have avoided playing with others in free roam and doing crazy fun stuff in it, because i dont wanna lose all my cash if i die over and over again. The fact is the game would be WAY better without the high priced medical bills so there is no point defending it.

Tschimi
  • Tschimi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

f*ck each and everyone of you who writes that I should get better, please die or do something more important than to be a smart ass.

GTA isn't about economics, it's about having fun and I can't have it with GTA Online, without losing money and that sucks.

R* should either create a classic free roam mode or ditch the high medical fees.

• RipShaDe 41 likes this

SMG
  • SMG

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

There is car insurance but no medical insurance! 

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

f*ck each and everyone of you who writes that I should get better, please die or do something more important than to be a smart ass.
GTA isn't about economics, it's about having fun and I can't have it with GTA Online, without losing money and that sucks.

R* should either create a classic free roam mode or ditch the high medical fees.

Why don't YOU stop dying and bitching about it. It's Grand Theft Auto! What do you expect? The game wasn't made for YOU to have fun. It was made for a community of players to have fun and the majority of us are. Stop being an idiot and getting yourself killed to the point that you have to come here and bitch to us about it...

Lame ass gamer...

TreyCrll
  • TreyCrll

Forum Surfer

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:14 PM Edited by TreyCrll, 08 October 2013 - 03:15 PM.

I actually agree with you on this yes, it's some what realistic, but I thin $500-$1000 would be more than sufficient medical bills. Does our character have cancer or aids or something?

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:44 PM Edited by Sinz86irocblk, 08 October 2013 - 03:45 PM.

What's the point of money if there's nothing to spend it on? I'm glad that money comes and goes. There's no point in sitting on a pile of money if it's worthless.

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Funny, it only costs me $100. BECAUSE I USE THE PASSIVE FEATURE.

The high medical expense is perfect. Adds risk to just going around causing havoc and reward if there are bounties since you may lose 2k but gain bounty amount.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:46 PM Edited by Lagful, 08 October 2013 - 03:53 PM.

Every game needs moneysinks and penalties for dying. 2k is too high though for people just starting out and medical bills should be a percentage of your cash with a cap. Losing half to even all of your reward in a mission for dying is just retarded.

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

I actually agree with you on this yes, it's some what realistic, but I thin $500-$1000 would be more than sufficient medical bills. Does our character have cancer or aids or something?

I completely agree sir. If they wont remove it, they could atleast make it cheaper.

creamofpayne
  • creamofpayne

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Make it an option to have free roam sessions that don't have medical bills and those that do. That way the condescending assholes can be happy and so can the crybabies on the other side.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

What if you go to hospital and have no money??? 

In debt to the healthcare system??

nope free Healthcare XD

it's key if you want to mess around

I usually spend the majority of my money when I can

only time I have a big bank account when saving up for something big

the rest of the time I buy all the ammo,weapons,upgrades I can carry

invest your money right away and you get cheap medical bills

uptownrockstar
  • uptownrockstar

Reagan Era

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:55 PM Edited by uptownrockstar, 08 October 2013 - 04:00 PM.

Yeah the med bill definitely makes it more interesting. It keeps you on your toes. Its the same as only getting 1 life per mission

Heres an example from yesterday. Random guy invites me to a mission, after the mission it spawns us near the water ( BE VARY OF PLAYERS WITH NO MIC). While we were both walking to the road he pulls a shotie and his me close range. I in turn killed him four Times in succession. By the time he spawn the fifth time, he had enough. I let him live and left

He cost me 2k I cost him 8. Another day in the underworld

THE GAME IS RATED MATURE, NOT RATED EVERYONE

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

errrr, no... HE DIED! :miranda:

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

if it's not about economics why are you so concerned with money?

Infamous_WarPig
  • Infamous_WarPig

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

they have designed GTA online to be a big co-op thing... not to mess around like in GTA 4 ... messing around gets boring fast... I have been playing mostly with friends on crew sessions and doing mission after missions.. race... parachute... rob liquor stores... evade police... ranking up very fast and  getting a lot of money very fast without being killed to often... ranked 200 k in 2 days  and bought an appartment with no probs...
Just don't spent to much time in freeroam it's fun for a bit  but get boring just shooting people... messing around... doing cop and robers chase... we all did that in GTA 4 for months if not years... GTA 5 is all about big coop mission... as you level up mission become realy intense and complicated...  also race... you to win a lot of money fast... also survival... survive wave 10 ... 20 k and alot of RP points... that's the way to play GTA Online...

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

they have designed GTA online to be a big co-op thing... not to mess around like in GTA 4 ... messing around gets boring fast... I have been playing mostly with friends on crew sessions and doing mission after missions.. race... parachute... rob liquor stores... evade police... ranking up very fast and  getting a lot of money very fast without being killed to often... ranked 200 k in 2 days  and bought an appartment with no probs...
Just don't spent to much time in freeroam it's fun for a bit  but get boring just shooting people... messing around... doing cop and robers chase... we all did that in GTA 4 for months if not years... GTA 5 is all about big coop mission... as you level up mission become realy intense and complicated...  also race... you to win a lot of money fast... also survival... survive wave 10 ... 20 k and alot of RP points... that's the way to play GTA Online...

This is how YOU want to play NOT how I want to play. I want to mess around and i should be able to. I find that more fun than trying to just do co-op missions all day. Co-op gets boring fast when you do the same missions over. Most missions are the same just different location or a different car to steal.

My version of fun is different then yours so i should be able to play the way i want to without interfering with how you can play. Why cant the have "party mode" and "Free Roam".

Freen roam should stay linked to online while party mode could be for messing around with no missions or economy. Just you and you friends driving and messing around. No stupid medical bills.

• Soda and Soap likes this

nowaydawg
  • nowaydawg

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

This is highly annoying and im sure many others agree. Having to pay 2 grand every time you die is just stupid. I notice that i try not to do as risky things that would have been fun in gta 4.

When you lose money it just limits you fun of not caring. When i lose 20k just because im messing around then something needs changed.

Medical bills need to go. Only time you should have to pay is maybe when you get killed by the cops or something else but not 2k.

Please remove this annoyance rockstar. I want to have fun like in did in gta 4 with my friends just messing around.

Agreed.  It completely ruins the whole point of free-roam.

So what's the point of FREE ROAM? killing everybody?

bongoclock
  • bongoclock

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:55 PM Edited by bongoclock, 08 October 2013 - 05:56 PM.

If they changed it what would y'all have to whine about.

Seriously 2K is nothing. Takes maybe 5 minutes to get it back again. IF that. 

Although I do think it could use some tweaking.

Rank*$100

As you increase in rank the cost of your medical bills does as well. The issue I think people have is that the direct income (jobs) doesn't keep up at lower ranks really, and at higher ranks 2K is really nothing and lets higher ranks kinda die without consequence. Rank*$100 would put rank 20 as the "break point" compared to current levels, meaning at rank 20 you will now have $2000 medical bills, but you also have missions that generate more than enough sustainable cash. Guys at higher ranks would want to play more carefully, and less of throwing caution to the wind. Especially if they are opting to cause mayhem with their higher rank weaponry. 

For example a Rank 100 dude is causing mayhem for a couple of rank 10 guys, presently they all share the same medical expenses, this hurts the rank 10 guys who only pull 2-3K/job while the rank 100 dude is taking in 10-15K per job. Imagine if now the rank 100 guy was paying 10K in medical expenses. His mayhem using superior weapons on lesser ranked players would be higher risk, and a few deaths could drain a bank account.

Would actually make death feel like a punishment for anyone at a higher rank.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:16 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 08 October 2013 - 06:20 PM.

This is highly annoying and im sure many others agree. Having to pay 2 grand every time you die is just stupid. I notice that i try not to do as risky things that would have been fun in gta 4.

When you lose money it just limits you fun of not caring. When i lose 20k just because im messing around then something needs changed.

Medical bills need to go. Only time you should have to pay is maybe when you get killed by the cops or something else but not 2k.

Please remove this annoyance rockstar. I want to have fun like in did in gta 4 with my friends just messing around.

I'm mixed opinions on this.

If by "messing around" you mean getting killed as part of collateral damage (e.g. being killed as an innocent bystander in passive mode from griefers or just minding your own business in the lobby while not on missions) then yes it's problematic.  But not if you limit yourself to playing the missions. What did you expect if you insist on free roaming in the lobby?

Unfortunately, griefers are f*cking stupid.  So they can't tell the difference between a GTA designed mission (for which team death matches were specifically designed for this kind of killing & chaos) v. the game lobby in free roam when you first logon.  So since griefers are socially maladjusted morons, the lobby ends up being a constant team death match scenario.  Also because of randoms (who lack the skill to respectfully level up in the missions)  end up screwing up the gaming experience for everyone else in the lobby when they log in.  

But if by "messing around" you mean griefing and turning the game lobby into your personalized death match (outside of a game team mission scenarios) then the penalty system is definitely fair IMO.  It's one way I think R* is trying to control player's anti social behavior and bring balance to the game.

It's bad enough ppl cheat in non GTA races and non ranked GTA missions. Having to deal with the same sh*t when you leave a mission is bullsh*t IMO.  Especially if some clown who you don't have a beef with decided to blow up your car with an RPG for the fun of it aka "messing around".

The bottom line is past online GTA lacked restraints for that kind of mayhem. The GTA IV multi player servers became a ghost town because of it. By forcing you to pay GTA$ for dying--aka hitting you in your irl pocket book and penalties for hours of game grind time to make money) R* is finally holding griefers & trolls respsonsible for the consequences for their actions. 

If you're losing $20k in a gaming session, it sounds like you don't exactly have a stellar rep......

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

This is why I put my money in the bank straight after I've earned it! 

MrKreeb
  • MrKreeb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

Wow, look at all of these low IQ internet tough guys completely missing the point. Screwing around with friends in an invite only free roam, doing things like jumping motorcycles into the blades of a helicopter for sh*ts and giggles...clearly we need to "get better" and obviously don't understand real world economics as demonstrated by our opinion that doing what we think is fun in the game shouldn't cost money you have to grind for. 

God we suck.

• tre288 likes this

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

This is why I put my money in the bank straight after I've earned it! 

... I think you're confused.

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

Wow, look at all of these low IQ internet tough guys completely missing the point. Screwing around with friends in an invite only free roam, doing things like jumping motorcycles into the blades of a helicopter for sh*ts and giggles...clearly we need to "get better" and obviously don't understand real world economics as demonstrated by our opinion that doing what we think is fun in the game shouldn't cost money you have to grind for. 

God we suck.

haha your funny =] i like this post lol

CalleSluggo
  • CalleSluggo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

No, stop dying, play smarter, and don't trust anyone. Problem solved if you follow these steps.

Do you even gta bro?

• wallpaper42 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users