Photo

Remove 2k Medical Bills

168 replies to this topic
split_lip
  • split_lip

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Oh noes, a business acting like a business! What in the world..... :)

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

It's realistic. 

Yeah and so is respawning right? lmao

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:09 PM Edited by [ÁT], 07 October 2013 - 10:14 PM.

I don't care if I'm killed and lose my money on hand or whatever but this medical bill makes it impossible to do the dumb sh*t which makes makes the game even more fun for me. Can't f*ck around throwing yourself off cliffs or doing crazy stunt jumps without the risk of getting into a huge deficit. It's dumb as hell.

• RipShaDe 41 likes this

TheShark33
  • TheShark33

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

I agree. I have already ranked up over 220K in medical and police bills. Was screwing around too much and didn't realize how much it was costing me.
  • RipShaDe 41 likes this

mbrunswick
  • mbrunswick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

It's so easy to make 2k that I don't really see how this is an issue for everybody. A single convenience store robbery nets nearly that much, people need to nut up and play the game as it was intended. I love the way everyone whined about how casual the game had become with the ability to roll your car back onto its wheels or being able to skip missions if you failed a section too many times, but penalizing players for dying online is simply too hardcore for people to stomach. It's sad.

Violent Duct
  • Violent Duct

Professional Tank Griefer

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

It's realistic. 

Realism doesn't always make a good game

• RipShaDe 41 likes this

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

It's so easy to make 2k that I don't really see how this is an issue for everybody. A single convenience store robbery nets nearly that much, people need to nut up and play the game as it was intended. I love the way everyone whined about how casual the game had become with the ability to roll your car back onto its wheels or being able to skip missions if you failed a section too many times, but penalizing players for dying online is simply too hardcore for people to stomach. It's sad.

Its not sad at all. When you play a game that is supposed to be fun online and made for players to mess around together. Its not our fault that we find it fun to mess around and die with are friend for laughs.

You cant do that with the medical bills because you have to play completely serious and its not as fun that way. Also, a store robbery might get you close to 2k but if you get killed by police or other players than its pointless. You shouldn’t have it at all in the game.

Not everyone’s version of fun is the same as yours. Sol please refrain from being rude or ignorant just because we have different opinions.

Shewsbeef
  • Shewsbeef

The Sith Win

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

You have to lose your money somehow.. Get over it stay away from players or get better at them game.

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

This is highly annoying and im sure many others agree. Having to pay 2 grand every time you die is just stupid. I notice that i try not to do as risky things that would have been fun in gta 4.

When you lose money it just limits you fun of not caring. When i lose 20k just because im messing around then something needs changed.

Medical bills need to go. Only time you should have to pay is maybe when you get killed by the cops or something else but not 2k.

Please remove this annoyance rockstar. I want to have fun like in did in gta 4 with my friends just messing around.

We should start a petition!!!

(No sarcasm.  I am being very serious.)

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

I like the idea of having to pay medical bills, but 2k is a bit much...especially when you only have $50,000.

MrGrandis
  • MrGrandis

Scratch Here: ███████

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

Try get yourself hurt and go to the hospital, and say i don't want to pay the bills, remove it.

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

You have to lose your money somehow.. Get over it stay away from players or get better at them game.

it has nothing to do with get better at the game. I have been talking about for free mode to just mess around. When you you lose money from dying because your just messing around with your friends doing things that cause you to die "for fun" is really lame.

I should be able to have fun like gta 4 without losing tons of money that is hard to get unless you farm. Mission get repetitive so some of us find it fun to just mess around which leads to dying. It has nothing to do with skill.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

No, stop dying, play smarter, and don't trust anyone. Problem solved if you follow these steps.

Yeah but the whole point of GTA is to mess around. It would be fine if the cops were like GTA IV but they are not. They are better than most players I have met online whereas in IV they were maybe half as good as players. I wanna shoot up sh*t and do random crap but it is hard when you have this type of system implemented.

Then it's best for you to just wait for the Content Creator.

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:06 AM

No, stop dying, play smarter, and don't trust anyone. Problem solved if you follow these steps.

Yeah but the whole point of GTA is to mess around. It would be fine if the cops were like GTA IV but they are not. They are better than most players I have met online whereas in IV they were maybe half as good as players. I wanna shoot up sh*t and do random crap but it is hard when you have this type of system implemented.

Then it's best for you to just wait for the Content Creator.

its called free roam or whatever for a reason. To have fun with your friends. We shouldnt be punished because we take risks to do stupid things that entertain us with our friends. Really dumb that i cant do something funny with some friends or else i will lose 10k easy.

We shouldnt have to use the content creator to do this. The medical bills are stupid and make zero sense since you respawn. Its not realistic and there is no real explanation for paying 2k when you die. Maybe if you were alive and you could call a place to give you health for 500 hundred or something. its just a bad system.

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:07 AM Edited by Futo, 08 October 2013 - 04:08 AM.

When u got stacks of cash 2k hospitable bills will be chump change.

Also learn to look after yourself.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:09 AM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 08 October 2013 - 04:11 AM.

The Death-Penalty is there for a reason :)

To promote more smart and careful play (using Cover, attacking from different angles, flanking, Hiding, Teamwork, communication etc) and it prevents people from being careless and just rushing towards eachother praying and spraying nonstop like mindless zergs without any loss/consequence or care in the world if dying or not.

There is a consequence by dying, and im happy it is a HospitalBill instead of XP/RP-loss like in so many other games :D

--

They did remove the HospitalBills for DeathMatch though with the latest patch, so you can do those Modes without worry of dying now :)

• Futo likes this

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:23 AM

The Death-Penalty is there for a reason :)

To promote more smart and careful play (using Cover, attacking from different angles, flanking, Hiding, Teamwork, communication etc) and it prevents people from being careless and just rushing towards eachother praying and spraying nonstop like mindless zergs without any loss/consequence or care in the world if dying or not.

There is a consequence by dying, and im happy it is a HospitalBill instead of XP/RP-loss like in so many other games :D

--
They did remove the HospitalBills for DeathMatch though with the latest patch, so you can do those Modes without worry of dying now :)

^ All of this = Spot on.

Farmer-smurf-420
  • Farmer-smurf-420

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:18 AM Edited by Farmer-smurf-420, 08 October 2013 - 07:19 AM.

• people say whats the point of playing if you cant mess around.
  • People say death cost is to much.
  • people suck at GTA?

• if you cant handle 4 star fights with the police/
  • if you cant handle high speed driving with out crashing.
  • if you cant handle fighting other people, with out dying.

• Then FFS get more skill! or do more passive activieties like Tennis, golf or darts.
  • or just do some races over and over til your bank account can afford a few deaths.

• Bottom line, its not the games fault you died. its yours.

TargetTango
  • TargetTango

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

Should of voted for Sue Murry.

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

This is already an ackonwledged issue  for consideration on the official site, just give it time, there are higher priorities at the moment.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

Should of voted for Sue Murry.

Jock Cranley was and is the only intelligent choice.

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I'm on Percodans and Demerol

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

This forum has gone to complete Sh*t. I hate literally every new person who has signed up the past 4 weeks. 

• kotaco likes this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

This forum has gone to complete Sh*t. I hate literally every new person who has signed up the past 4 weeks. 

I thought we had something special, baby. Re-ignite the old flame, for me?

Wile5ter
  • Wile5ter

Grand Wizard Pooh Bear

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

Awww

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

• people say whats the point of playing if you cant mess around.
  • People say death cost is to much.
  • people suck at GTA?

• if you cant handle 4 star fights with the police/
  • if you cant handle high speed driving with out crashing.
  • if you cant handle fighting other people, with out dying.

• Then FFS get more skill! or do more passive activieties like Tennis, golf or darts.
  • or just do some races over and over til your bank account can afford a few deaths.

• Bottom line, its not the games fault you died. its yours.

Bottom line, its a game. Its made to have fun and its not fun to lose money for dying when the game is about messing around with your friends. Its not the end of the world but i should be able to die having fun than die and get mad that i lost 4 grand.

This topic had nothing to do with skill or who is at fault, its about having fun at the end of the day without bs. The medical bill is bs when its hard to get money without farming.

It needs to be way less or non-existent. 

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

It's always more entertaining / fun with a challenge / risk.

Without a Death-Penalty there would be no Challenge or Risk.

When you win against a very difficult opponent, against all odds, the victory feels much sweeter/better and more rewarding.

There would be no purpose for several of the games functions (bounty, hitmen, retaliation etc) either without a penalty, since there would be no loss.

People would just charge each other like mindless zerg, spraying and praying non-stop without any consequence or care in the world if they died or not.

A penalty makes you think, since it promotes more careful and smart play (using Cover, attacking from different directions, flanking, timing, Teamwork, communication etc).

Without any consequence for dying/loss whatsoever, people would not care how they attacked and could just spam-zerg with reckless abandon.

• Lunytunes likes this

JonVercetti
  • JonVercetti

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

Keep the 2k penalty.

That way it's harder.

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

Stop dying then. 

Nothing wrong with 2k medical bills. Otherwise no-one would care about dying and free-roam would just be chaos. At least you actions have consequences.

Black_Adder_
  • Black_Adder_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

GTA online have so many ways to earn $ super fast and absolutely safe that this post itself is useless, might as well just whine to Rockstar to remove all the possible penalties. If you're so stupid then try to get smarter for the first time in your life.

Mastahcheech
  • Mastahcheech

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

1. Killing people should actually give you something. Getting 100$ for everyone you kill is bs. You should take all the money they have in their wallet. 

2. I dont mind the bank cash being taken out but only if you have no money in the wallet. But seriously... Give people more money for killing others instead of the 100$ crap. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users