» «
Photo

Zombie Mode DLC "ideas"

66 replies to this topic
RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:43 PM Edited by RipShaDe 41, 19 November 2013 - 06:18 PM.

I really hope they add a zombie mode for gta 5. I know many others have thought about this or at least talked about it.

Here are some ideas for a Zombie mode =]

1. Less vehicles - Less vehicles means a lot less things to load on the map and would make it more scary if there are zombies

2. Jerry Can "fuel for planes/helicopters" - This i think would be awesome. They already have the fuel and now all they would need is a meter that would go down when flying and go up when using fuel.

3. Zombies - They need to be scary and and also a pain. Make them fast and strong. Not too strong to where you get killed in 1 hit but make them hurt.

4. Food - Food should give you more health when eaten and should also be able to be used while in a vehicle.

5. Stealth walk - This should come in handy when walking in a zombie infested world. When you want to get around you should be quite.

6. Ammo & health - should also be scattered around the map.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great ideas from jdkzombie

If you want to play deathmatch or racing go play forza or CoD.

See how that works both ways?

I love zombie games.  However, they are unfortunately overdone.  And people bitch about it ( which in my eyes would make it a perfect dlc idea)

Why not aliens?  They were in SP when M and T were tripping balls in the modern art park thing.

Or a huge survival mode, where every thing is out to get you?

But I want the zombie mode.  Even if it was basically a MP only selectable option, like when you join GTA online, it asks you if you want a Normal room, or a Undead room.  

Choosing normal gets you your typical room full of d bags.

Choosing Undead gets you a room full of the ideas you posted in the OP.  

My additions are:

1. Ammunation's are randomly selected to open for a set amount of time, meaning even if you are in LS by the docks, the one in Paletto bay Opens, you guys better jump in some vehicles and boogie that direction for a jerry can and bullets.  It would behoove your group to all keep jerry cans for gas for whoever has the most capable vehicle.

2. The undead can spawn in a variety of flavors so to speak.  You can get you atypical Resident Evil zombies, ( the original) that are slow, unintelligent.  You can get your Resident evil 6 zombies, that can move faster and are a bit smarter.  You can have your meth'ed up crackhead World War Z zombies.  And maybe just maybe, throw in some special things like whats found in Dead Island, the rammer, the L4D witch or hunter or something.

3.  Give us incendiary grenades/rounds for the grenade launcher.

4.  Also flares to throw as a visual distraction for the undead.  Perhaps even flare rounds for the grenade launcher.  

NOTE* You can only have 1 type of ammo for your GL at any time, so no 20 explosive, 20 Incendiary, and 20 smoke or flares.  It's 20 of 1 type, then you have to purchase 20 of a different if you want to try something else.

5.  Purchasing goods at a liquor store, like eCola, and Meteorite bars, they replenish more health, but you have to complete tasks for the store owners, ranging from menial, to sometimes ridiculously long, but worth the hassle.

6.  Random interactions with Gangs, Police, and Merryweather, where you can sit back and watch as they get mowed down by the undead, or help them at risk of them either shooting you, or possibly getting supplies from them, like life packs, armor, ammunition, jerry can's, or even access to an armored up gang vehicle or something.

7.  Absolutely ZERO friendly fire.  None.  No melee up close to friendlies either.  Similar to how posse's worked in RDR.

8.  Special weapon modifications you can purchase that only populate, or exist in Undead mode.  Bayonets on rifles, Soda can suppressor's, stuff like that.

9.  Possible to find ammo on fallen undead.  Like undead gang members, police men, merryweather, they all may still have a few mags on their person.

10.  Even when using full suppression, or melee only, the undead will gravitate towards your location so that no one place is truly safe for long.  Outside of temporary safe houses, that cost money or resources to "bring up to standard". Meaning, that even though you eradicated all the small fry around a certain safe house, it gives a day in game time of an undead free zone around there, but shortly after the time limit is reached, the undead will seem to swarm in to reclaim an area, which they can be held off, but it might be more beneficial to move on to another location, as some other locations may be less congested now that the area you were in is rampant with undead.

11.  Hate to say it, but random occurrences where something happens to alert the undead to your location and they come in droves, some slow, others that sprint like they are direct Usain Bolt clones.  Think of the horde like in L4D.  But much more random, both in quantity spawned, types of undead spawned, and how they attack you. 

This is all what i have so far. If you guys have any ideas at all plz list them below. Would be awesome if rockstar listened to our ideas and made a zombie mode for DLC. =]

• SeaJey, cloudfuel, jdkzombie and 2 others like this

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

Anyone else have good ideas?

Deathmau5
  • Deathmau5

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

I dont mind it.

It may actually be kind of fun.

But something new would be better.

Zombies get old after a while, personally.

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

1. Being able to claim bases/safe houses would be cool. (Even take them over from other people)

2.  EPIC car customization, I.E. Spikes on the grill of a truck, .50 cal on top. stuff like that.

3.  Having to sneak through zombie invested streets, or through buildings. Silencers and stealth kills would be useful there.

4. Perhaps some random events where we can save certain NPCs ( or not), I.E save a mechanic, unlock more car parts/ customization for you're crew. Or a Bartender, might unlock a pub/bar ( depending on base location).

5. Take Bases over from other crews / recruit surviving npcs (or execute them). Could also raid other peoples bases/ npc bases for ammo and food supplies.

Soo hoping R* will put atleast some of these things into an Online Zombie DLC.

• SeaJey and RipShaDe 41 like this

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

1. Being able to claim bases/safe houses would be cool. (Even take them over from other people)

2.  EPIC car customization, I.E. Spikes on the grill of a truck, .50 cal on top. stuff like that.

3.  Having to sneak through zombie invested streets, or through buildings. Silencers and stealth kills would be useful there.

4. Perhaps some random events where we can save certain NPCs ( or not), I.E save a mechanic, unlock more car parts/ customization for you're crew. Or a Bartender, might unlock a pub/bar ( depending on base location).

5. Take Bases over from other crews / recruit surviving npcs (or execute them). Could also raid other peoples bases/ npc bases for ammo and food supplies.

i really like these ideas =]

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

i really like these ideas =]

Thanks! :) yours are great to.

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

I probably should add on the whole Base attacking thing, Crews should be able to heavily fortify their bases with NPC/player guards, and wall fortifications. Maybe an MG or two with a Sniper's nest somewhere overlooking the area.

Depending on where you're base is located, it could make it quite difficult to raid.

• RipShaDe 41 likes this

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:08 PM Edited by GTAHomie420, 07 October 2013 - 11:08 PM.

Oh and I have another idea,

Crew Trade routes, I.E. One crew has access to an Ammunition deposit, where another has access to a large Grocery store. These two crews, depending on their relations with each other could establish a trade agreement. Which would increase a crews dwindling supplies, while also giving them missions to protect their caravans, (Or raid other's caravans).

Also, Maybe there could be Main NPC Bases that are unraidable. Like how in Online Trevor/Lester and others give you missions. They could also be used to establish trade routes with your crews base. And also act as a safe area for players who don't have a crew/ and or base.

• SeaJey likes this

SeaJey
  • SeaJey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

was definately in a room with some guys talking about this for ages earlier, bet it was u

• RipShaDe 41 likes this

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

was definately in a room with some guys talking about this for ages earlier, bet it was u

hah probably not but who knows, I'm sure others have had the same kind of ideas.

psychadelic145
  • psychadelic145

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

love zombie games so i agree i love the outpost ideas but that brings me to think of state of decay by undead labs it was fun but got boring quick i agree with a lot of the ideas but not the trade route. plus you know greifers would just get zombies to come at you. i doubt thisll ever happen unless it's a cheat code lol i believe one of the other gta's had something similar or maybe saints row idk

shansha
  • shansha

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

Zombies are the same and tedious and present no challenge this doesn't seem fun. What is fun about defending on high grounds while zombies charge at you and can't even attack you? Seems more like a shooting range then a zombie dlc.

Gooly
  • Gooly

Satanic Hispanic

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

instead of zombie nazis it could be zombie gangsters or zombie immigrants 

SeaJey
  • SeaJey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

forgot to add great ideas though, like the trading routes stuff, hope rockstar read this xD

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

forgot to add great ideas though, like the trading routes stuff, hope rockstar read this xD

Thanks, and yeah me to haha.

RipShaDe 41
  • RipShaDe 41

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

Zombies are the same and tedious and present no challenge this doesn't seem fun. What is fun about defending on high grounds while zombies charge at you and can't even attack you? Seems more like a shooting range then a zombie dlc.

Thats why they could easily make zombies climb walls or just make unique zombies that could. Not all of them but some. Would make it hard to camp rooftops.

shansha
  • shansha

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Thats why they could easily make zombies climb walls or just make unique zombies that could. Not all of them but some. Would make it hard to camp rooftops.

But what is so interesting about zombies why do we need dlc for this? I played Undead Nightmare for RDR and it wasn't fun same stuff nothing new.

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

Another Idea,

Players SHOULD NOT be immune to infection. I think it would be cool if we got the chance to play as a Zombie for abit.

I.E. If a Player is Killed by a Zombie, maybe after 10 seconds, their corpse could reanimate into a Zombie class of the players choice (appearance affected by the players also). Maybe the player would have special zombie abilities of some sort, being able to scale walls and such. Being killed by another player or NPC  would cause a "wasted" screen and cause the character to respawn back as a human.

Hallgarth
  • Hallgarth

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

Instead of zombies, how about crazed horde of methed up Rednecks who have Trevor rage?

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:33 PM Edited by GTAHomie420, 07 October 2013 - 11:36 PM.

But what is so interesting about zombies why do we need dlc for this? I played Undead Nightmare for RDR and it wasn't fun same stuff nothing new.

Actually this would be COMPLETELY New.

RDR Undead Nightmare made absolutely NO sense. We would see hundreds of roaming Zombies in the middle of NOWHERE like ALL the time. And were in the West here, realistically speaking we would only see afew hundred people around at all, let alone thousands of zombies roaming around the desert.

BUT if there were to be a Zombie DLC in GTA V, the ENTIRE Landscape and city environment would be the perfect setting for Zombies!

An ENTIRE CITY filled with roaming hordes of the undead ( with the exception of those few blocks cleared by players for their base/ safe houses)., Broken Down vehicles littering the streets (A Reason to upgrade a vehicle, plow through cars/zombies in your way). To me it would make an excellent Zombie Game, not to mention how much money R* would make off of it...

• RipShaDe 41 likes this

e b trappin
  • e b trappin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

I agree with the zombie idea love it would be hella fun taking cover in a store or in the mall running around driving cars running over zombies sounds cool hope Rockstar reads this :(

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by GTAHomie420, 07 October 2013 - 11:41 PM.

I agree with the zombie idea love it would be hella fun taking cover in a store or in the mall running around driving cars running over zombies sounds cool hope Rockstar reads this :(

Well if this thread gets enough attention, maybe they will :)

JuniorVV23
  • JuniorVV23

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

No. No. And No. DLCs must be Las Venturas and San Fierro. f*ck zombies
  • Eddie_INTV likes this

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

No. No. And No. DLCs must be Las Venturas and San Fierro. f*ck zombies

To each his own, although I wouldn't mind seeing other locations as DLC aswell.

JuniorVV23
  • JuniorVV23

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

Problem is they wont release a thousand DLCs

And between all the options they have, LV and SF must be in first place.

If they want to add zombies, aliens or whatever for who likes it later, i would not mind, but i would be sad if they release something with less importance than new cities overall.
  • Eddie_INTV likes this

Hung Solo
  • Hung Solo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

If you want to play a zombie game.... go play DayZ or one of the many zombie games already on the market....

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

If they want to add zombies, aliens or whatever for who likes it later, i would not mind, but i would be sad if they release something with less importance than new cities overall.

Or Liberty City. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Mathew9R
  • Mathew9R

Grumpy about EVERYTHING!

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

Be right back, Shooting myself in the head because this generation is all about zombies...

• Frank Brown and Eddie_INTV like this

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

Personally I think you're making it unnecessarily complicated. Arma 2 - DayZ mod is a really great example of a simple but extremely effective zombie mod. All you need are zombies and stuff scattered all over the map for people to find. It would bring the zombie survival game to a whole new audience, wrapped in the awesome GTA environment and mechanics. 

In my opinion travelling on foot is an important part of it, with a chance to find parts to fix up a vehicle for use. Starting with nothing every session and trying to find tools, weapons, ammo, resources etc. is also pretty important for the zombie survival feeling.

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

Yeah true that, For Aliens DLC though, I would LOVE for it to be Single Player, Franklin only DLC.

Based off of Men in Black, (with GTA Humour), Franklin could be contacted by some "secret society of alien hunters" where he and Lamar must partner up to save Los Santos, with super awesome MIB weapons (Cricket?) / vehicle mods and what not, that would be awesome and hilarious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users