Photo

Isn't the story too short?

40 replies to this topic
beinghuman4u
  • beinghuman4u

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

Just checked my score board of gta 5 on social Club, I finished the story in less than 30 hours.(including all 3 character) who else thinks it's too short?

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

It's short, but they provide plenty of other missions. Strangers and Freaks + Main Story provide over 120 missions together. 

04SanAndreas04
  • 04SanAndreas04

GTA Legend

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

I'd say the story is short, but not too short, if that makes any sense whatsoever  :happy:

beinghuman4u
  • beinghuman4u

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

It's short, but they provide plenty of other missions. Strangers and Freaks + Main Story provide over 120 missions together. 

yea, but I don't understand why m I still on 78 percent.? I finished the story what else to Do now?

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

I completed the game in my the fastest time ever for GTA. In two weeks I got millions and have everything other than the golf course and a film studio. I'm not bragging, I just wish we could rob banks so I could $150,000,000.

Hungry_Homer111
  • Hungry_Homer111

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

I'd say the story is short, but not too short, if that makes any sense whatsoever  :happy:

I agree with both of these posts.  The story was shorter than I had expected/hoped, especially considering the fact that some of the 69 required missions were taken up by the preparation for the heists.  However, I can't really say it's that bad, since there were quite a few memorable missions, especially in the latter half of the game.  Plus there is plenty to do on the side.  Between the Strangers and Freaks, random encounters, jobs for the businesses you purchase, the assassination missions, and the Epsilon missions, there are plenty of missions to do if you want to.  Then there's the other activities (races, golf, tennis, flight school, collectables, etc.), as well as getting gold rankings on missions and side-activities.

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

I think the 69 missions are not enough for me, because I'm not an online kinda guy (700 or whatever online missions so why not more story ones)

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:45 PM Edited by jiggysaw, 07 October 2013 - 09:45 PM.

Hmm weird I completed it at 99 hours, guess you played wrong the point with an open world game is to explore and do random sh*t

• IveGotNoValues likes this

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

You can drag out the main story line a little bit. I am looking for those "crew" you can find in stranger/random encounter missions. So far I have only found a woman with a flipped car who is a wheelman (woman). Though it hasn't let me select her for a heist yet. GTA V's story doesn't feel as epic to me as Red Deads did. A lot of issues I have with GTA V is heavily scripted heists and generic chase this guy and kill him missions. A few missions are very fun and do different things...they had great set pieces but not enough "Bond" moments for my taste. It all feels a little flat in the end.

• Duxfever likes this

beinghuman4u
  • beinghuman4u

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

It didn't even had those 'gta IV type missions :/

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Put it this way, if life was a highway and you drive thru it at 500MPH until you reach death - you never really appreciated your surroundings and what it had to offer. If you take it slower, you'll be able to soak in its beauty and what it offers.

beinghuman4u
  • beinghuman4u

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

Put it this way, if life was a highway and you drive thru it at 500MPH until you reach death - you never really appreciated your surroundings and what it had to offer. If you take it slower, you'll be able to soak in its beauty and what it offers.

bitch please, I agree I was fast, but I even completed many random events, all side missions, every fking thing. No I just don't feel like playing story mode.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

Yeah, that's a good thing, that's an amazing thing.

Also, how the f*ck is your definition of short "Under 30 hours" ?

And that means that just ...Every single game ever is short ...Every single one, cause you can pretty much rush through every game in way less than 30 hours.

beinghuman4u
  • beinghuman4u

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

Yeah, that's a good thing, that's an amazing thing.

Also, how the f*ck is your definition of short "Under 30 hours" ?
And that means that just ...Every single game ever is short ...Every single one, cause you can pretty much rush through every game in way less than 30 hours.
yeah right, was waiting for 3 years and this just gets over in 30 hours. And there is no gta game coming like 5 years. That's a good thing. That's an amazing thing, right bud?

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

No story was ever better because it was longer.  COD is typically about six hours and I'm absolutely certain those games wouldn't be better if they were longer.  So this whole complaint about it being too short is stupid.  Why would you want more filler missions just to pad it out?  That would make it boring.

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

iv'e had the game 3 wks & still not finished it why rush through it? 30 plus hrs is alot more then 99% of games these day's & every mission feels different..this is the first gta game i actually will play through a few times i lv it

AngryGamer94
  • AngryGamer94

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

I think they got it just right. Long enough to sink your teeth into (that's what your mum said, etc) but not so long that people would give up, like many did with IV. 

With all the side missions, Strangers and Freaks and various other what-nots, there's a hell of a lot of game there. 

Add to that the several hundred missions in Online, which seems to have its own story, I think there's enough content to keep even the whiniest teenagers happy. 

*applause*

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

No story was ever better because it was longer.  COD is typically about six hours and I'm absolutely certain those games wouldn't be better if they were longer.  So this whole complaint about it being too short is stupid.  Why would you want more filler missions just to pad it out?  That would make it boring.

GTA V still has filler. The prep tasks being counted as indvidual missions is a joke IMO.

I think all the prep tasks to a heist should be one mission as some of them are just parking a getaway vehicle or buying something that lasts less than a minute.

I don't think GTA V's story is necessarily short, but the prep tasks buff up the mission count quite a fair bit.
  • Duxfever and MaxCorso like this

Tha_Mac
  • Tha_Mac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

I believe it was too short.  I just finished it tonight I got it the day it came out.  I'm still at about 70% complete so I will try to get 100%.  But I felt like the story could have been longer and I guess it does SPOILER ALERT

have 3 possible endings but it just seems like the story didn't come together right or that it was lacking.  Don't get me wrong I love GTA and have played everyone since GTA III but if I had to rank them GTA V would probably be 4th since GTA III.  

Here's a better ranking GTA SA, GTA IV, GTA III, GTA V and then GTA Vice City.

Portstevo
  • Portstevo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

It is no shorter than any previous GTA games. In fact I finished the story of V in the same amount of time it took me to complete the story in IV (18 hours).

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

I'd like more, but I think it was ok. I didn't like the story that much I have to say. It's good, don't get me wrong it's really good. But I feel like I would have done it differently. But hey, it's still pretty good and they choose the story XD. I just felt like there was too much crooked cops sh*t in it.

Reshe
  • Reshe

Warchief of the True Regiment

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

In my honest opinion, they should have added more seriousness throughout the story. When you get near the end and the seriousness just starts getting in your face out of no where, it doesn't feel right. It should have been continuous.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

For me, it's not how long it took, but what I got to do. And what I got to do was steal jewels and then run through the subway tunnels in some kind of mountain dew extreme dirt bike racing challenge, steal secret weapons from private military corporations, steal a cargo jet full of normal weapons later from the same private military corporation, hallucinate aliens and fly over the city in a rainbow drug haze, and then essentially rob the equivalent of fort knox.

I love this game even with all the flaws.

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

Every mission feels different unlike other GTA games plus it's a much bigger game then most of the games coming out these day's  

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

That's not short by any stretch of the imagination. You can beat the main story of any game within 15-20 hours.

Mission count doesn't really mean sh*t because there's quite a few of them that are 20 minutes or more. In GTA IV there are countless 5 minutes missions that are just basically the same missions that Gerald gives you in GTAO.

pitan666
  • pitan666

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

the story is well written and good.

stop your f*cking whining.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Played for the second time just doing missions and I'm at the end after nearly 4 days.

GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

Not sure how you beat it so fast. 40 hours for me only doing main missions

thats a long ass time

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

I think it could've been slightly longer only to flesh out the ending a bit, but it's not that short. I think it's long enough to keep you wanting more, but short enough to keep it from getting too stale.

And how long is the game depends up to you. I was completing a bunch of side missions, hanging out with friends you make, finding awesome events, and playing golf (a lot). If you take your time with it, I think you'll enjoy it more. I think it's about as long as Vice City with the main missions.

With the side missions, it's longer obviously. It took me about a month to complete it. Some days I didn't even go to a mission. I was just exploring the map and doing a bunch of activities. But I know I could've passed it sooner if I tried. Same thing with all the GTAs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users